• We are conducting our first ever Lotus Emira of the Month for May 2024. This will be a monthly contest and will be submissions from users, voted for by the membership. Please take a moment to check out thread here: 🏆 May 2024 - Emira of the Month starts now! (You can dismiss this message by clicking the X in the top right hand corner of this notice.)

Paint Protection Film (PPF) and Wrap for your Emira

Will You PPF/Wrap Your Emira

• PPF Front End

Votes: 93 34.2%
  • PPF Full Wrap

Votes: 123 45.2%
  • Coloured Full Wrap

Votes: 14 5.1%
  • No Wrap

Votes: 42 15.4%

• Total voters

K_Squared

Emira Fanatic
Reaction score
Emira Status
Emira Owner
I got my full body PPF done through Lotus Cape Fear. They did 95% PPF and 5% Revivify on some of the smaller black trim pieces where PPF isn't ideal. They used NanoFusion PPF (https://www.diamond-shield.com/nano-fusion-ppf) which isn't as well known in the aftermarket as they focus on OEM installation. It came with a 10 year warranty through Lotus. This team, led by Steve Costa and Juan Carlos, has been installing PPF on all Lotus Cars who option PPF into the USA for over a decade.

All that said, after the initial job I wasn't 100% thrilled with the rear vents as their pattern was just slightly off (they were still constantly tweaking it). Steve and Juan Carlos told me they would be happy to come back and re-do the rear once they had perfected the pre-cut pattern. Most people say this and never deliver. However, they came all the way back through Raleigh from Nashville, TN (10 hour drive) and replaced the rear yesterday afternoon and it looks perfect.

For anyone who can book through a Lotus dealer for Steve and his team, I give them two big thumbs up. Pics below of the relief cuts for the rear vents:

1714336505252.jpeg

1714336524644.jpeg

GrahamClark_60-68

Emira Fan
Reaction score
Emira Status
Emira on order
I got my full body PPF done through Lotus Cape Fear. They did 95% PPF and 5% Revivify on some of the smaller black trim pieces where PPF isn't ideal. They used NanoFusion PPF (https://www.diamond-shield.com/nano-fusion-ppf) which isn't as well known in the aftermarket as they focus on OEM installation. It came with a 10 year warranty through Lotus. This team, led by Steve Costa and Juan Carlos, has been installing PPF on all Lotus Cars who option PPF into the USA for over a decade.

All that said, after the initial job I wasn't 100% thrilled with the rear vents as their pattern was just slightly off (they were still constantly tweaking it). Steve and Juan Carlos told me they would be happy to come back and re-do the rear once they had perfected the pre-cut pattern. Most people say this and never deliver. However, they came all the way back through Raleigh from Nashville, TN (10 hour drive) and replaced the rear yesterday afternoon and it looks perfect.

For anyone who can book through a Lotus dealer for Steve and his team, I give them two big thumbs up. Pics below of the relief cuts for the rear vents:

View attachment 42146

View attachment 42147
Do you mind sharing, how much did they charge you for this? And did they do any paint correction?

K_Squared

Emira Fanatic
Reaction score
Emira Status
Emira Owner
Do you mind sharing, how much did they charge you for this? And did they do any paint correction?
The normal cost from the dealership is $6,000 for the full wrap. They did minimal correction in spots they thought needed it but TBH, my Nimbus looked pretty fantastic from the showroom so I was happy with the result.

It seems there isn't much point doing the correction if it's not needed. They said on the darker cars they usually had to do a lot more correction than on the lighter ones like Nimbus.

Zardoz

Emira Fan
Reaction score
How do you remove the 1st edition emblem on sides of car to install film?
Anyone know?

ADC

Just Jazzed About Being On The Show
Reaction score
Emira Status
Emira on order
How do you remove the 1st edition emblem on sides of car to install film?
Anyone know?
Just held on with adhesive... so standard trick of heat and dental floss / something to gently pry with should do it.