Lotus Emira Future Versions Thread

drjazzsk

Reaction score
I would be surprised if they were not available in the V6 Base as an option. I think it was just a matter of timing. They locked the price and config of V6 thinking they were going to go to market with it ASAP. And then stuff happened. By the time they could add ADAS to the V6 cars, they didn't want to mess with it.
That makes sense. I put my deposit in late so I suspect my v6 will be a my2025 v6 so I’m hoping this is the case that it will be offered as an option.

PsymonR

Emira Fan
Reaction score
Emira Status
Emira Owner
The engine code for the non China i4 should be 'K' going by the VIN I've been given, but as with 'M' it doesn't bring anything up when searching for it.

seriously

Emira Fanatic
Reaction score
The "M" engine code must exist eventually... because there are no current engine codes for the I4 at all. Here are all the valid engine codes for the Emira that I've found:

A2ZR-FE s/c (182.7kW)
C2GR-FE s/c (320.2kW)
F2GR-FE s/c (296kW)
G2GR-FE s/c (313kW)
P2GR-FE s/c (306kW)
S2GR-FE s/c (257.5kW)
V2GR-FE s/c (298kW)

Edit: We know the engine description for "A" is wrong, because it is actually 2GR-FE s/c (298kW).

This tracks very closely to Evora HP numbers.

Evora S, 257 KW or 345 HP
Evora 400, 299 KW or 400 HP
Evora GT, 310 KW or 416 HP
Evora GT430, 321 KW or 430 HP

Could be that we have the following:

Emira (base)
Emira FE
Emira S
Emira R

It would make sense that to save cost Lotus would continue to carry the powertrain options over and focus on weight savings, suspension and cosmetics. I would be happy to see higher HP versions at higher price points. Would support FE prices. I would be really surprised if they brought a base version out at lower HP. However, it might support the strategy to go for volume.

Wiz33

Emira Fanatic
Reaction score
This tracks very closely to Evora HP numbers.

Evora S, 257 KW or 345 HP
Evora 400, 299 KW or 400 HP
Evora GT, 310 KW or 416 HP
Evora GT430, 321 KW or 430 HP

Could be that we have the following:

Emira (base)
Emira FE
Emira S
Emira R

It would make sense that to save cost Lotus would continue to carry the powertrain options over and focus on weight savings, suspension and cosmetics. I would be happy to see higher HP versions at higher price points. Would support FE prices. I would be really surprised if they brought a base version out at lower HP. However, it might support the strategy to go for volume.
There will not be any volume V6 run after FE 2.5 (the additional 2.0 allocation after the V6 auto and I4 delay announced in Dec). V6 production will end well before 2028 according to my dealer with Toyota shutting down the V6 production line.

seriously

Emira Fanatic
Reaction score
There will not be any volume V6 run after FE 2.5 (the additional 2.0 allocation after the V6 auto and I4 delay announced in Dec). V6 production will end well before 2028 according to my dealer with Toyota shutting down the V6 production line.
I'm impressed that your dealer has an opinion on the topic! Will be interesting to see what happens given Toyota's announcements on engine production.

JAhmed

Reaction score
Intrigued at the idea of an Emira R...something that gets a little closer to the Cayman GT4

Wiz33

Emira Fanatic
Reaction score
Intrigued at the idea of an Emira R...something that gets a little closer to the Cayman GT4
R and S is just a Base with some options pre-packaged in. There will not be an up-engined V6. The reason they have to drop the Emira to 400bhp is Smog requirement have gotten tighter since the Evora.

seriously

Emira Fanatic
Reaction score
Even still the R if it is like the GT430 should have reduced weight, better seats, big wing, etc. in other words be the GT4 version of the emira if it ever materializes.

Honestly I’m curious but perfectly happy with the balance struck with the FE. The only thing that will instigate jealousy is a proper BRG color. That will hurt a little 😂

Steve24

Emira Fan
Reaction score
I would bet money that there will be a higher power V6 version before the end.
Probably a limited edition.
Lighter, more power, and significantly more money.

08fordgt

Reaction score
I would just like the 400hp i4 from China. They should just update all of the i4's to that.

Lewquatious

Reaction score
The HP is not that important as it's easy to tune over 450HP at home. Any of the existing 435 tunes will do that in an Evora. Enthusiasts with an FE will probably be able to buy a worthwhile software upgrade for under two thousand dollars, if not less. There are multiple trims available on all Lotus models prior to the Emira so how far it can go in the engine room is a known quantity. They'd have to offer wheel, suspension and meaningful lightness to make an S or R on the platform. FEs and base will be relatively capable of being made into ersatz Rs if we go by history.

If it goes like Porsche, marque enthusiasts will be treated to the privilege of paying more for less content in the interest of lightness. There will be carbon. This is the end of the road for developing the Toyota but adding torque, while cheaper than adding lightness, is not the way I think this thing goes.

s.

Porter

tap tap... is this thing on?
Staff member
Reaction score
Emira Status
Emira Owner
I'm impressed that your dealer has an opinion on the topic! Will be interesting to see what happens given Toyota's announcements on engine production.
People keep talking about Toyota "announcements" regarding engine production but I have yet to see an actual announcement of any kind. Do you have a link to one?

seriously

Emira Fanatic
Reaction score
People keep talking about Toyota "announcements" regarding engine production but I have yet to see an actual announcement of any kind. Do you have a link to one?
Hmm you might be right. A quick google search references that the almighty Camry, our spiritual forefather, will no longer carry the 3.5 v6. And while several other models are also dropping it, several Lexus cars will still run it. So perhaps not dead after all. It’s certainly an aged platform from Toyota’s pov where they want to make hybrid 4 cylinders power everything, even trucks.

Speedy Emira

Emira Fiend
Reaction score
Emira Status
Emira Owner
I was told by my dealer they will announce the V6 end date this year and they doubt they will be produce them beyond the 2024 orders already placed.
I would love to see a lighter R version but even if it happens I can’t see that much can be reduced unless we lose the improvements from the previous models.
Even 50kg of weight saving would cost a lot and power upgrades won’t be easy with emissions getting stricter later this year.

freefall_junkie

Emira Fanatic
Reaction score
Emira Status
Emira Owner
I was told by my dealer they will announce the V6 end date this year and they doubt they will be produce them beyond the 2024 orders already placed.
I would love to see a lighter R version but even if it happens I can’t see that much can be reduced unless we lose the improvements from the previous models.
Even 50kg of weight saving would cost a lot and power upgrades won’t be easy with emissions getting stricter later this year.
I am a bit sceptical about any information coming from the dealers on future versions as the evidence from the last couple of years is that Lotus seems to keep them in the dark as much as the rest of us :) . I'd also love to see a lighter R version but I am more optimistic it will happen. A 50kg+ weight saving should be pretty easy to achieve following the same route used by Lotus in going from the Evora 400 to the Evora Sport 410. Carbon bucket seats, carbon roof and tailgate, lightweight battery, ECU tweaks for a few extra bhp, perhaps a Ti exhaust, hey presto you have an Emira R with minimal development effort which you can charge an extra £15 to 20k for. It would surely be hard for Lotus to resist this as a profitable last hurrah for the V6.

Foxy87

Reaction score
An Emira S with lighter bucket seats and a bit more power and tweaked suspension would be it. 430 HP with sub 1400kg. Should be doable, but I doubt it will be with the manual V6.

Steve24

Emira Fan
Reaction score
An Emira S with lighter bucket seats and a bit more power and tweaked suspension would be it. 430 HP with sub 1400kg. Should be doable, but I doubt it will be with the manual V6.
Why?

As per the post above, I am more than a little sceptical about any info coming “from the dealer”.
In fact I’d call BS on any sentence that Includes “the dealer said…”

There is no reason why Lotus wouldn’t put out a Final Edition V6 with more power and less weight.
They will charge a fortune for it, but it will sell out quickly and be a future classic.