Leasing (USA)

RyanGreener

Reaction score
This seems to have been brought up a little bit in some other threads so I'm mostly making this post here to see what other people are dealing with. Has anyone attempted to lease one of these yet? If so, do you have any information on the residual values and things of that nature?

bcstmr

Reaction score
This seems to have been brought up a little bit in some other threads so I'm mostly making this post here to see what other people are dealing with. Has anyone attempted to lease one of these yet? If so, do you have any information on the residual values and things of that nature?
When I asked my dealer (Columbus, OH) about this about a month ago, he told me the residual would be around 67%. For me, it’s more advantageous to secure a good rate from a credit union like Navy Federal rather than lease.

kitkat

Emira Degenerate
Reaction score
Emira Status
Emira on order
Samples I’ve seen from others:

69% residual
3 year 10K mi
0.00451 money factor

CarGuy07

Emira Fan
Reaction score
I got payment of about $1900 a month for 3 years/10k a year from Los Gatos Lotus. Crazy quote…

OP
R

RyanGreener

Reaction score
When I asked my dealer (Columbus, OH) about this about a month ago, he told me the residual would be around 67%. For me, it’s more advantageous to secure a good rate from a credit union like Navy Federal rather than lease.
As someone who has never leased a car in his life, I don't think it would make sense for me to lease too unless the lease was crazy subsidized.

pc368

Reaction score
Emira Status
Emira Owner
(Cross post at another thread)

Has anyone here leased their Emira through Santander (Lotus's auto financing partner)?

I am considering leasing to give me options (turn in at lease if the car is problematic, or buy it out during or at the end of the lease.)

However, a google search seems to indicate that Santander does not allow the purchase of the car during or at the end of the lease (from a post by a Volvo customer - another Geely company). I have also asked my Lotus dealer for answer but want to see if others on the forum has first-hand experience.

TIA.

Raskits

Reaction score
Emira Status
Emira on order
(Cross post at another thread)

Has anyone here leased their Emira through Santander (Lotus's auto financing partner)?

I am considering leasing to give me options (turn in at lease if the car is problematic, or buy it out during or at the end of the lease.)

However, a google search seems to indicate that Santander does not allow the purchase of the car during or at the end of the lease (from a post by a Volvo customer - another Geely company). I have also asked my Lotus dealer for answer but want to see if others on the forum has first-hand experience.

TIA.
Spoke with my dealer to finalize my lease. You can turn it in or buy it out after 3 months and buy it off at end of lease. :)

Raskits

Reaction score
Emira Status
Emira on order
Current rates:
MF .004430
Residual @ 10k miles 66%

So with 20k down $1500/month 🤦 with fe2 MSRP.

pc368

Reaction score
Emira Status
Emira Owner
Current rates:
MF .004430
Residual @ 10k miles 66%

So with 20k down $1500/month 🤦 with fe2 MSRP.
That's the same MF and residual I received. Picked it up this past weekend and dealer also confirmed the early buy out (it is included in the lease agreement). The google search I found was specific to Tesla and it is also part of lease consumer protection in California.