• We are conducting our first ever Lotus Emira of the Month for May 2024. This will be a monthly contest and will be submissions from users, voted for by the membership. Please take a moment to check out thread here: 🏆 May 2024 - Emira of the Month starts now! (You can dismiss this message by clicking the X in the top right hand corner of this notice.)

I4 colours and `23 build date confirmation

Russc

Reaction score
Hi,
I have an I4 November build date and was concerned that my build date had slipped with the detail contained within the colour email yesterday as it stated ;

"The Emira V6 and Emira 4-cylinder turbocharged variant will start production in 2024".

Spoke to lotus webchat, they confirmed that yes i can change my colour as i`m later than August build and that my November build date was still in place.

Whether they`ll hit November is, of course, a different conversation but they said the email was poorly worded and everything is ok.

Hopefully the info above is useful to anyone who had the same thoughts.

0pirates0

Reaction score
Im thinking of change my exterior color to universe black, but my wife still sticks with DV at the moment.

Tokion

Emira Fanatic
Reaction score
Emira Status
Emira on order
Im thinking of change my exterior color to universe black, but my wife still sticks with DV at the moment.
Agree with your wife. (Then tan interior and silver wheels, Alcantra steering with yellow stripe; Yellow brake calipers)

0pirates0

Reaction score
Agree with your wife. (Then tan interior and silver wheels, Alcantra steering with yellow stripe; Yellow brake calipers)
im going DV anyway. Talked with my sales rep, if i change color I will lose my position in the line and Im thinking of changing to orange exterior after a year.

Tokion

Emira Fanatic
Reaction score
Emira Status
Emira on order
im going DV anyway. Talked with my sales rep, if i change color I will lose my position in the line and Im thinking of changing to orange exterior after a year.
Wrapping Orange Peel (ha ha ha) - Just joking❣️ I also see tempting alternatives like Osmium Silver and White (with or wihout black-pack.) I am not personally alien to the stronger version of orange; but for other reasons, like not making my car a “target”, I probably won’t go there. I will most likely stay with the subdued Dark Verdant. In the past I had a new 1992 Montego Blue FD3S RX-7 which was a metallic color that would look blue or green depending on the light shining on the car body.

BTW - my build is supposedly going to happen during November 2023 as well.

Last edited: