GRP Customized Emira Steering Wheels!

GRP

Emira Fan
Supporting Vendor
Reaction score
Emira Status
Emira Owner
We have a couple of custom wheels that were just finished by our wheel shop and wanted to share the results, they came out great!
These will be back with us next week after they finish some Elise wheels for us. We will get the one with yellow stitching installed in the shop car and show the finished products along with the process of the swap.
Feel free to email or pm with any questions you might have!
These are available to order now, no core required.
Full details found here: GRP Custom Emira Wheels

EMira Custom Wheel-Photoroom (1).png

Emira wheel yellow-Photoroom.png

ADC

Just Jazzed About Being On The Show
Reaction score
Emira Status
Emira Owner
Looks slick 👍
On a tangent to this, the million dollar question is: are you any closer to finding a part number / source for ye olde push-button controls?

Reactions: GRP

Lotusdoesit

Reaction score
Great job with these @GRP. The Alcantara picture on the website shows it as a more Grayish tone (similar to what you would find in a Porsche). In the fully built picture however with the Alcantara chosen as the 9/3 o'clock option, it seems more of a black Alcantara. Can you confirm which we should expect please?

Also, I wish the airbag center sat flush with the wheel itself instead of protruding out. But I get you have to work with what Lotus designed.

OP
GRP

GRP

Emira Fan
Supporting Vendor
Reaction score
Emira Status
Emira Owner
Looks slick 👍
On a tangent to this, the million dollar question is: are you any closer to finding a part number / source for ye olde push-button controls?
We havent found a reliable source for them yet but if anyone has any leads we could certainly try to include them with these wheels.

OP
GRP

GRP

Emira Fan
Supporting Vendor
Reaction score
Emira Status
Emira Owner
Looks very cool. Is that a carbon fiber pattern fabric?
Thats real deal carbon fiber layed up on the top and bottom as well as over the original plastic pieces.

OP
GRP

GRP

Emira Fan
Supporting Vendor
Reaction score
Emira Status
Emira Owner
Great job with these @GRP. The Alcantara picture on the website shows it as a more Grayish tone (similar to what you would find in a Porsche). In the fully built picture however with the Alcantara chosen as the 9/3 o'clock option, it seems more of a black Alcantara. Can you confirm which we should expect please?

Also, I wish the airbag center sat flush with the wheel itself instead of protruding out. But I get you have to work with what Lotus designed.
Thanks!!
The yellow stitched wheel has black alcanatra which will match up with the oem optioned alcanatra interior nicely.
We can get other colors/shades though upon request.

FlyNavy01

Emira Fanatic
Reaction score
Emira Status
Emira Owner
Thats real deal carbon fiber layed up on the top and bottom as well as over the original plastic pieces.
My understanding is the carbon option replaces the U-shaped section below the airbag module, as well as all the piano black plastic around the buttons and above/behind the airbag? If so, the ability to do that plus potentially get a round wheel is a big win for me.

Bilbao-Emira

Emira Maniac
Emira of the Month 🏆
Reaction score
Emira Status
Emira Owner
Looks really nice. I don’t see the Emira logo anymore. Will you keep the logo in final version or for some reason has to go out?

Bilbao-Emira

Emira Maniac
Emira of the Month 🏆
Reaction score
Emira Status
Emira Owner
Also, when will you know whether rev led lights can be included on top part of the wheel? Thanks

Porter

tap tap... is this thing on?
Staff member
Reaction score
Emira Status
Emira Owner
Also, when will you know whether rev led lights can be included on top part of the wheel? Thanks
In Track mode the whole dash display becomes a shift indicator and changes color, would lights on the wheel be significantly better?

09Cayman

Reaction score
Emira Status
Emira on order
Although not a GRP product, I have custom-ordered a steering wheel in a gloss carbon and leather finish. I also requested that the left and right switch panels be installed. The other day, the carbon part was completed and a picture was sent to me. After this, finish by wrapping the leather and attaching the switch panel and lower trim. It seems that it will take 2 weeks to make.

002.jpeg

Attachments

• My request steering wheel.jpg
    My request steering wheel.jpg
    85.2 KB · Views: 64

GlobalPilot777

Emira Fan
Reaction score
Emira Status
Emira Owner
We have a couple of custom wheels that were just finished by our wheel shop and wanted to share the results, they came out great!
These will be back with us next week after they finish some Elise wheels for us. We will get the one with yellow stitching installed in the shop car and show the finished products along with the process of the swap.
Feel free to email or pm with any questions you might have!
These are available to order now, no core required.
Full details found here: GRP Custom Emira Wheels

View attachment 43534

View attachment 43535
Love the tellow one and will order it! Along with the lowering kits.

Grey.. could you please also make in this matte carbon something like Jogon did for the culuster display surrounding? @GRP

Thanks

Bilbao-Emira

Emira Maniac
Emira of the Month 🏆
Reaction score
Emira Status
Emira Owner
In Track mode the whole dash display becomes a shift indicator and changes color, would lights on the wheel be significantly better?
I believe it would be definitely an improvement. Only for very spirited driving though. Will help not having to focus on the dash, when you are totally focused on road/track.
I have the Alcantara steering wheel and happy with it. I would consider carbon fiber only if it improves with the built in rev lights. Otherwise it is mainly aesthetics, which I might do once I went for all the carbon bits outside.
What I found amazing is the change of the OEM paddles for Carbon Fiber ones. Much more precise and light like feather. Remember I have the Auto V6. I know, I am getting old and lazy.
Also the non touch pad controls would be better. Although I got used to swipe them by mistake!!!

Bilbao-Emira

Emira Maniac
Emira of the Month 🏆
Reaction score
Emira Status
Emira Owner
Although not a GRP product, I have custom-ordered a steering wheel in a gloss carbon and leather finish. I also requested that the left and right switch panels be installed. The other day, the carbon part was completed and a picture was sent to me. After this, finish by wrapping the leather and attaching the switch panel and lower trim. It seems that it will take 2 weeks to make.

View attachment 43618
Really nice.
One constructive comment, If you allow me.
Wouldn´t you consider the yellow stripe should be a little wider?

09Cayman

Reaction score
Emira Status
Emira on order
Really nice.
One constructive comment, If you allow me.
Wouldn´t you consider the yellow stripe should be a little wider?
Thank you for your comment.
That's right.
My request was to make the yellow center mark a little wider, but it was already completed like the Picture.
I'm a little disappointed, but I can't help it.

09Cayman

Reaction score
Emira Status
Emira on order
Today, I was informed that the steering wheel I ordered was completed.
The yellow center mark, which was initially thin, was modified to be thicker.
Since I am installing it on my i4 which is waiting for delivery, I also had a paddle shift switch installed.
As for the logo under the steeringwheel, after I receive the steering wheel, I will consider whether to use "LOTUS" or "EMIRA" before installing it.

001.jpg

002.jpg

003.jpg