Emira Review Index [V6 FE]

Featured
For those looking for the latest Emira V6 FE reviews scheduled to be released today, I've self-volunteered to maintain a quick reference index here.
Please let me know of any missing articles and I'll update accordingly. (y)

ReviewerTypeDirect Link
EdmundsArticle
Harry's Garage (Harry Metcalfe)Video Review

Harry drives the Sports and Tour suspension back to back on the same road and shares his thoughts.
Schmee150 (Tim Burton)Video ReviewPublished 21st June
Carwow (Mat Watson)Video Review
TopGearArticles and VideoPublished 3rd July
Chris Harris talks about the Lotus Emira

Published 20th June

AutoTrader (Rory Reid)Video Review
EvoArticle and Video Review
CARArticle and Video ReviewPublished 22nd July

Lotus Emira vs Cayman 718 GTS vs Alpine 110s
AutocarArticle and Video Review
PistonheadsArticle
KHTVVideo Review
The DriveArticle
AutoExpressArticle
Pictures:
WhichCarArticle
CarBuyerArticle
HagertyArticle
Road and TrackArticlePublished 1st September
Lotus Emira Road and Track Drive

GoodwoodArticle
The IntercoolerPodcastReasonably good post-embargo Emira discussion on The Intercooler.
MotortrendArticle
DriveArticle
AFRArticle
ParkersArticle
CarExpertArticle
Caffeine & MachineArticle
Photos on Instagram:
The Sunday Times DrivingArticle
Car and DriverArticle
The SunArticle
AutoCar UKArticlePublished 2nd July

Last edited:

EspritGuy

Emira Addict
Reaction score
Emira Status
Emira Owner
I slogged through this hoping for new or nuanced insights.
Bit of a disappointment. He reminded me of a Consumer Reports auto reviewer peddling sincerity about daily insufficiencies. Again the benchmark was the Cayman.
He faulted the engine boot for being hazardous to groceries and friendly to lifted-lid water leaks. Luggage storage of course came up short. The visually appealing design was undercut by the rev-limited engine.
Somehow a 2.5 hour ride to Hethel failed to produce discussion about road feel, handling and steering: the experience of driving.
At least it was a comfortable journey. Hope the cup holders proved useful
The Emira price made much inexcusable to him. Lotus tweaks to the Base Edition will make all right in his world.
Just a video opinion. Open to other perspectives...
Hope Lotus is paying attention.

GetawayDriving

Emira Fiend
Reaction score

This guy must be fun at parties.

He just came across as miserable, noticing every little defect but not ever enjoying the strengths of the car. Not one mention of steering feel but like 13 mentions of the blinker stalks. Seems to me to miss the point of this car.

Fair play on the rev limiter, would be better to hit 7500.

That's my spec tho, so I think I'll watch it again on mute.

FederGigant

Emira Fanatic
Reaction score
Emira Status
Emira Owner
I think this was the worst review of the car that I‘ve seen so far (including the infamous Jethrow review). He reviewed a Lotus for over a week and didn’t mention once how it drives 😂 rather than that, he mentioned every little niggle and exaggerated most of them. 90% of the negatives he mentioned are not even true for my car.
However for such a small YouTube channel, the review and the general presentation were nice and looked professional, only the content wasn‘t.

Gprodigy

Emira Fanatic
Reaction score
I think this was the worst review of the car that I‘ve seen so far (including the infamous Jethrow review). He reviewed a Lotus for over a week and didn’t mention once how it drives 😂 rather than that, he mentioned every little niggle and exaggerated most of them. 90% of the negatives he mentioned are not even true for my car.
However for such a small YouTube channel, the review and the general presentation were nice and looked professional, only the content wasn‘t.
His review was super awkward to watch from the US perspective. I was waiting to see a reaction from someone who actually owns the car so thank you.

BeHappy

Emira Fiend
Reaction score
His review was super awkward to watch from the US perspective. I was waiting to see a reaction from someone who actually owns the car so thank you.
His wife must of sent him out on the weekly grocery run and he got a bollocking cos her ice cream melted ! I’m female I’ve had load of two seater cars and don’t give a flying rat about shopping or boot space, don’t use sports car for collecting groceries I get them delivered so I can enjoy the pure joy of driving. I was waiting for him to say this car is really compromised as I can’t fit passenger’s in here for when we go shopping 🛒 hahaha. I’m sure Hethel were thrilled they let him have it for a week after that - what a strange review

Nova

Emira Addict
Reaction score
Emira Status
Emira Owner
I saw this review and hated it. He also does this tiresome thing where he slows down and says something negative about the car like he is trying to let a point sink in.

He does this for the entire video…

Constantly…

It's as if he had something important to say…

But really… didn't…

*Awkward look*

Porter

tap tap... is this thing on?
Staff member
Reaction score
Emira Status
Emira Owner
This guy must be fun at parties.

He just came across as miserable, noticing every little defect but not ever enjoying the strengths of the car. Not one mention of steering feel but like 13 mentions of the blinker stalks. Seems to me to miss the point of this car.

Fair play on the rev limiter, would be better to hit 7500.

That's my spec tho, so I think I'll watch it again on mute.
Watching the guy sloppily early-apex every corner on the circuit told the full story for me. He's just not a driver. Or at least, not a competent one that I want an opinion from.

I get that he probably owns a sports car himself, likely a Cayman, because all of his assumptions about what "correct" feels like seem to be benchmarked against that. I mean come on, bitching about the rev limiter arriving "too soon" based on the road speed? He's just describing a preference for a car with longer gearing and infrequent shifting. 🤷🏻

Nova

Emira Addict
Reaction score
Emira Status
Emira Owner
Watching the guy sloppily early-apex every corner on the circuit told the full story for me. He's just not a driver. Or at least, not a competent one that I want an opinion from.

I get that he probably owns a sports car himself, likely a Cayman, because all of his assumptions about what "correct" feels like seem to be benchmarked against that. I mean come on, bitching about the rev limiter arriving "too soon" based on the road speed? He's just describing a preference for a car with longer gearing and infrequent shifting. 🤷🏻
It's like NY pizza lovers claiming that Neapolitan pizza is inferior because it doesn't taste like a NY pizza.

BeHappy

Emira Fiend
Reaction score
Joe is one of my favourite car reviewers along with Schmee, he mentions G87 a lot which is his long term loner at the mo. I know they are not comparable cars as such - but like me for peeps that never went thro with Emira or now looking for something more affordable - go and test drive the M2 if you haggle you can get one for circa £60k and for that price point you are getting such a lot of car, technology and performance, with masses of adjustability on suspension, brakes, steering, traction, gear shifts etc
Most happy with mine she’s a keeper 😊

Cachaco131

Emira Maniac
Reaction score
Emira Status
Waiting to order
BMW fan prefers BMW.
Interesting. I'm bored of new BMWs. I'm sure they are faster but are they more engaging? I guess I'll have to watch the video.

I'm selling F80 and E82. Incoming Carrera T for daily and Emira...well...whenever it arrives!

Aero

Emira Fanatic
Reaction score
Emira Status
Emira Owner

Pretty lousy review. Not sure if review is USA targeted and he thinks USA cars are finally arriving. Spoiler: they aren't.

Nova

Emira Addict
Reaction score
Emira Status
Emira Owner

Pretty lousy review. Not sure if review is USA targeted and he thinks USA cars are finally arriving. Spoiler: they aren't.
Laughable that his complaint is mostly about lack of driving aids like augmented reality and self driving.

K_Squared

Emira Fanatic
Reaction score
Emira Status
Emira Owner
Positive Review
Really enjoyed this review. It felt pure and from a position that most of us probably find ourselves in. A pure, last of breed sports car that looks amazing and will probably not come around again in awhile, perhaps never. I especially appreciated how he got the fun factor of the car vs. the oft stated 0-60 figures that many get hung up on. Hopefully some of us here in the US will get to start enjoying this in the next 45 days or so. :)