• The June 2024 Lotus Emira of the Month contest is underway! Please take a moment to check out thread here: 🏆 June 2024 - Emira of the Month starts now! (You can dismiss this message by clicking the X in the top right hand corner of this notice.)

Which Emira would you buy?

Which Emira would you buy?

• 60,000 British pound Inline-4 dual crutch

Votes: 12 60.0%
  • 80,000 British pound V6 Automatic

Votes: 4 20.0%
  • 80,000 British pound V6 Manual

Votes: 4 20.0%

• Total voters

ayoyo

Reaction score
I know similar question has been asked before, but without a price tag. We all love how the Emira looks and look forward to its great handling characteristics as a Lotus. But honestly, the V6 will not start at 60,000 pounds. According to my dealer, there is at least 35% premium for the V6 models So that will make V6 starting at 80,000 pounds or more. Will the price effects your choice and decision?

I'd be choosing the AMG regardless of price and gearbox options. Power to weight (and upgradable later) and much newer tech.

But there are no rights or wrongs here - only personal preference.

According to Goodwood.com. It seems the V6 will phase out and replaced by AMG I4 once the V6 is old out. In that case, it sort of justify the extra cost of V6 as it is a limited run.

Quote from Goodwood.com
"...The Emira is underpinned by an all-new extruded aluminium chassis and will be powered initially by the familiar Toyota-sourced supercharged 3.5-litre V6. However, only the ‘First Edition’ range-topping cars will come with the old V6, with a new four-cylinder turbocharged engine joining the line-up and eventually replacing the V6 once those cars are sold."