USA/Canada Delivery Thread

410 JPS Fan

Reaction score
A bit off topic maybe.
But I may not be a bad idea for someone to copy all the posts in this thread and make a book. Keep for prosperity. Then in 10 year pass it down to a family member so they can read what we all went through. Especially the people who were here from day one.
Just a thought. I’m not volunteering. 😊
There was a similar thread for the 2003-2005 Elise debacle, and the original Evora launch delays in USA lol

Time2Fly

Emira Fiend
Reaction score
Emira Status
Emira on order
Okay, well the second tour was just as good as the first... though without the track sessions. My car slipped a few numbers in the last two days so at close today it was just prior to having the roof glued together basically really early. And of course I have to leave. Interestingly they're picking up the pace production wise, and there are almost no cars on the factory lot. Carriers were there multiple times in three hours carting them off.

I was not able to take a picture of the air con resistor cover but the indication I had was that they're coming fixed. We'll see 🤞

I played with the demo seat edge and it's properly sharp. No wonder it's cutting seats.

And I tried to get a look at the seat heater components to see if they could be incorporated in Tillet seats, but they were in boxes as opposed to loose.

Could have a surprise in a few weeks, but I'll report back if it happens.

Reaction score
Emira Status
Emira on order
Charge the battery fully using the trickle charger, then pull battery terminal for 20 min to reset everything. When the car boots back up I suspect you'll be clear.
So you reminded me on this and haven't heard anything on this in awhile: curious to know from those who have picked up their cars in the last couple of months, are they being provided with trickle chargers (from Lotus or the dealers)?

Porter

tap tap... is this thing on?
Staff member
Reaction score
Emira Status
Emira Owner
So you reminded me on this and haven't heard anything on this in awhile: curious to know from those who have picked up their cars in the last couple of months, are they being provided with trickle chargers (from Lotus or the dealers)?
Every Emira sold in the US comes with a Lotus branded trickle charger, in its own nice Lotus-branded case. They are Battery Tender brand.

kohubone

Reaction score
Congratulations!

I also ordered from Galpin. Hope mine will arrive in the next week or 2. If you can, can you ask them how many cars have they delivered so far.
Yes, will do.
Congrats! Do you know when your car arrived in US? Mine arrived 4/7 in New York and also ordered at Galpin
Thanks.
Thank you! According to Nova's spreadsheet, mine was on 4/20 ship. It sounds like it was delivered to the dealership today.

cyanmauve

Emira Fan
Reaction score
Every Emira sold in the US comes with a Lotus branded trickle charger, in its own nice Lotus-branded case. They are Battery Tender brand.

I didn’t receive one when I picked my car I in March. I emailed the dealer today about it. Hopefully I’ll have one soon.

@Life411

Emira Fan
Reaction score
Mid-May and the delivery tracker already shows more deliveries this month than previous months, but part of that is missing data. :geek:

If you know anyone who's taken delivery and hasn't already completed the customer delivery tracker (see my signature to check the data), please ask them to take a minute to complete the tracker. It's voluntary of course, but we are approaching 100 entries and I know many more than this have actually been delivered.
1715863308812.png

Need4Speed

Reaction score
Emira Status
Emira on order
Okay, well the second tour was just as good as the first... though without the track sessions. My car slipped a few numbers in the last two days so at close today it was just prior to having the roof glued together basically really early. And of course I have to leave. Interestingly they're picking up the pace production wise, and there are almost no cars on the factory lot. Carriers were there multiple times in three hours carting them off.

I was not able to take a picture of the air con resistor cover but the indication I had was that they're coming fixed. We'll see 🤞

I played with the demo seat edge and it's properly sharp. No wonder it's cutting seats.

And I tried to get a look at the seat heater components to see if they could be incorporated in Tillet seats, but they were in boxes as opposed to loose.

Could have a surprise in a few weeks, but I'll report back if it happens.
So are they still producing manuals? Or have they started production of automatic transmission Emiras?

Balboa

Emira Fanatic
Reaction score
Finally picked up my carr from PPF shop and got to dive into her (BTW full PPF $7175 at One-of-One in San Diego). Loving Nimbus and red leather (considering both were ordered sight unseen). Happy w my selection of Touring considering my test drive was only Sport. Put 80 miles on yesterday and my left foot and leg are aching.from that heavy clutch (labor of love). Shifter is better than I expected/remembered. Find myself downshifting into 2nd before 1st just to give it a little love. No satellite radio? That was a surprise/disappointment. And do the headlights not automatically switch from low to highbeams?? I did opt to tuck that little siliicone barrier between the leather and the rough plastic - works great. (Here is link. https://a.co/d/jaXdKDU)
But the looks! Really pictures dont do justice. Im getting my exercise in just from all the laps Ive taken walking around it over and over. I absolutely love it - to me best looking car Ive ever owned and maybe ever even seen. Couldn't be happier.

1000016401.jpg
1000016392.jpg

Last edited:

Drambeenie

Emira Fan
Reaction score
Finally picked up my carr from PPF shop and got to dive into her (BTW full PPF $7175 at One-of-One in San Diego). Loving Nimbus and red leather (considering both were ordered sight unseen). Happy w my selection of Touring considering my test drive was only Sport. Put 80 miles on yesterday and my left foot and leg are aching.from that heavy clutch (labor of love). Shifter is better than I expected/remembered. Find myself downshifting into 2nd before 1st just to give it a little love. No satellite radio? That was a surprise/disappointment. And do the headlights not automatically switch from low to highbeams?? I did opt to tuck that little siliicone barrier between the leather and the rough plastic - works great. But the looks! Really pictures dont do justice. Im getting my exercise in just from all the laps Ive taken walking around it over and over. I absolutely love it - to me best looking car Ive ever owned and maybe ever even seen. Couldn't be happier.

View attachment 43636View attachment 43637

Love the red interior! Where did you get that silicon? Can you share the amazon link?

fnkdrspok

Reaction score
Emira Status
Emira Owner
Charge the battery fully using the trickle charger, then pull battery terminal for 20 min to reset everything. When the car boots back up I suspect you'll be clear.

It cleared after turning it off and sitting for 15+ mins, but I believe I had this issue because I was driving it in pretty bad rain, and this was the day of me receiving the car. So I didn't know what was going on, but now that you mention it, battery could be weak. Thanks for the heads up. Do you know what type of battery this car has by chance? (You know how trickle chargers have different settings for different batteries)

FlyNavy01

Emira Fanatic
Reaction score
Emira Status
Emira Owner
It cleared after turning it off and sitting for 15+ mins, but I believe I had this issue because I was driving it in pretty bad rain, and this was the day of me receiving the car. So I didn't know what was going on, but now that you mention it, battery could be weak. Thanks for the heads up. Do you know what type of battery this car has by chance? (You know how trickle chargers have different settings for different batteries)
It's a 70Ah AGM battery
Emira battery.png

Dr.JDK

Emira Fan
Reaction score
Congrats to you two. I haven't got anything from my sales but I just texted him. Will find out soon. Fingers crossed.
Well well well. Called the dealer and my car are not with you two on transportation. The dealership will reach out to Lotus UK and ask about my car. Hopefully that will make a difference. I have couple of track days lined up for June and I really need 2 weeks in advance to get ppf and break in miles done.

Porter

tap tap... is this thing on?
Staff member
Reaction score
Emira Status
Emira Owner
It's an AGM, you can treat it as a standard battery. Don't use the Li-Ion setting.

Hell4Leather

Emira Fiend
Reaction score
There was a similar thread for the 2003-2005 Elise debacle, and the original Evora launch delays in USA lol
Lotus Talk has an archive of people claiming “I will never buy from Lotus again after this…..” in 2005. Not really sure why people are surprised that the Emira is a 💩show given the Elise was crazy delayed and the Evora was released with a less expensive and more powerful variant the second year. It’s like Lotus invents ways to piss us off. But hey, I’m still in. If my dealer ever gets Base mode allocations that is.