• We are conducting our first ever Lotus Emira of the Month for May 2024. This will be a monthly contest and will be submissions from users, voted for by the membership. Please take a moment to check out thread here: 🏆 May 2024 - Emira of the Month starts now! (You can dismiss this message by clicking the X in the top right hand corner of this notice.)

Lotus Emira may get more buyers due to C8Z06 cancelations.

Lotushavefun

Reaction score
Hi E Fam! Just verified from 2 separate Chevy dealers in USA, they will be marking up the C8 Z06 an extra $50K. With the total price around $160K including mark up and taxes. With that said, for that price you can buy a nice used 570 Mclaren. I don't see most folks giving up an extra $50k mark up to a dealer cause of demand. The Emira price and looks may attract more C8 buyers due to this. Your thoughts?🤔

Pegasi

Emira Maniac
Reaction score
Sorry to ask maybe a stupid question. But are Z06 deposit holders finding out the price, which is steep, and potentially cancelling their order and then moving to pick up an Emira?

OP
Lotushavefun

Lotushavefun

Reaction score
Sorry to ask maybe a stupid question. But are Z06 deposit holders finding out the price, which is steep, and potentially cancelling their order and then moving to pick up an Emira?
Yes, Soon as the C8 Z06 was revealed. All the dealers said let's rape and pillage our customers by tacking on a $50K Mark up. So wrong in many ways. Glad Lotus is not taking advantage of buyers like that. I'm guessing everyone has an email from lotus dealer of no mark ups right? Hope so. I do.👍

Pegasi

Emira Maniac
Reaction score
When I placed my deposit for my Emira back in August the dealer made a point of telling me there will be no markups on the car. For some silly reason I interpreted your post wrong when I first read it. I understand it!

Do you think the Z06's will sell at that price? The car is fast.

Wizardwings

Emira Fan
Reaction score
Yes, I put a deposit on a z06 but unlikely to receive it any time within the next few years. In the end, I think the Emira speaks to me more regardless of this whole demand/supply/adm show.

Pegasi

Emira Maniac
Reaction score
Yes, I put a deposit on a z06 but unlikely to receive it any time within the next few years. In the end, I think the Emira speaks to me more regardless of this whole demand/supply/adm show.

This is the first car I have ever put a deposit on. Until the Emira came I didn't even know this was going on in the car industry. Are you saying it might be 3 years before you get your car? Is this due to covid/shortages or is that a normal delivery time.? Not sure if I could wait that long even if I was getting a deal.

Wizardwings

Emira Fan
Reaction score
This is the first car I have ever put a deposit on. Until the Emira came I didn't even know this was going on in the car industry. Are you saying it might be 3 years before you get your car? Is this due to covid/shortages or is that a normal delivery time.? Not sure if I could wait that long even if I was getting a deal.
I think a combination of factors - demand for the last ICE cars, supply shortages, speculation. Yes, too long a wait. More than elated w/ the Emira. The biggest draw of the Z06 for me is the engine/sound - the styling IMO is all over the place and can't compare to the Emira's.

OP
Lotushavefun

Lotushavefun

Reaction score
This is similar to my childhood poster of a Lamborghini Countach on my wall. Always said 1 day I will be driving a car like that (Mid Engine). Well that day has come (Emira), I worked very hard to save up for it. Now with that said, I'm no fool to pay Mark up prices just cause of dealership greed. Thank you Lotus for making my dreams come true! LOL 😆
Screenshot_20211104-164103_Chrome.jpg

Close enough for me 😆

Emira-Magma-Red.jpg

Pegasi

Emira Maniac
Reaction score
This is similar to my childhood poster of a Lamborghini Countach on my wall. Always said 1 day I will be driving a car like that (Mid Engine). Well that day has come (Emira), I worked very hard to save up for it. Now with that said, I'm no fool to pay Mark up prices just cause of dealership greed. Thank you Lotus for making my dreams come true! LOL 😆
View attachment 1121

Close enough for me 😆

View attachment 1122

Whew! My heart stopped momentarily as I thought this was your car! I agree with you 100% and feel the same way. I have always loved the rear wheels on the Countach.

Mike-engel

Emira Fiend
Reaction score
What confuses me is why, if a dealer can up charge a customer that much, essentially putting all that my largess into their own pocket, why can’t a manufacturer do the same thing toward the dealers? When the manufacturer makes a great product, shouldn’t they be the ones who benefit, and not those who simply sell it. How hard can it be to sell something awesome?