• We are conducting our first ever Lotus Emira of the Month for May 2024. This will be a monthly contest and will be submissions from users, voted for by the membership. Please take a moment to check out thread here: 🏆 May 2024 - Emira of the Month starts now! (You can dismiss this message by clicking the X in the top right hand corner of this notice.)

Gator Motorsports, IN

OP
G

Guest142

No offense but why would you do that (I’m guessing these things are gonna break, a lot)
The Toyota sourced V6 is one of the most reliable engines to market. I swear by @GatorMotorsport have gone above and beyond as far as I am concerned. I'll business with them from here on. They have earned tmy trust. Thinking of ways to thank them now. Just a dream experience.

Last edited by a moderator:

lion shf

Emira Maniac
Reaction score
The Toyota sourced V6 is one of the most reliable engines to market. I swear by @GatorMotorsport have gone above and beyond as far as I am concerned. I'll business with them from here on. They have earned tmy trust. Thinking of ways to thank them now. Just a dream experience.
But where are you going to service the car?

deadcruiser

Reaction score

There's a Lotus dealer in Charlotte

As for why OP went with Gator Motorsport instead of the local dealer who knows

But this is also coming from someone who chose Naples, who is 900 miles away, over my local dealer too

lion shf

Emira Maniac
Reaction score
I’m stumped. With this particular car, I’m of the opinion the service relationship is 10 times more important than the sales relationship.

DerTheDer

Emira Maniac
Reaction score
Emira Status
Emira Owner
Gator as well, and I am in VA. There are 3 dealerships within a few hundred miles of me. But the people at Gator made me choose them. I have a full service garage and can fix anything, but happy to ship it to them for warranty work.

The other stealerships would not commit to MSRP.....this was almost 2 years ago...Gator was the only one that would....

DerTheDer

Emira Maniac
Reaction score
Emira Status
Emira Owner

He can bring it over and we can fix them. But if I am not mistaken, in NC there is Lotus Charlotte, Lotus Cape Fear, and Flow Lotus (Fuck em). If I am not mistaken, warranty should be able to be performed at ANY Lotus dealership.

lion shf

Emira Maniac
Reaction score
He can bring it over and we can fix them. But if I am not mistaken, in NC there is Lotus Charlotte, Lotus Cape Fear, and Flow Lotus (Fuck em). If I am not mistaken, warranty should be able to be performed at ANY Lotus dealership.
Understood.

OP
G

Guest142

There's a Lotus dealer in Charlotte

As for why OP went with Gator Motorsport instead of the local dealer who knows

But this is also coming from someone who chose Naples, who is 900 miles away, over my local dealer too
At the time I was going to buy an Evora GT. My wife informed me Lotus was going to reveal a new model to replace the Evora soon and I should wait and see what it looked like first. So I waited. When I saw the promo for the Emira I paused the vid a few secs in and looked for contact into and thats where I came upon Gator. I immediately called and made a deposit. On or around July 5/6.

The car stunned me so badly, I just reacted without thinking because I knew it was going to be very highly sought after and in short supply. The demand for it is pretty nsane. Gator has been great. Can't say enough about them. They've made this whole process everything an exotic car buying experience should be. 5 stars.

OP
G

Guest142

No offense but why would you do that (I’m guessing these things are gonna break, a lot)
Great question. They had contact information in the first Emira video I saw online. Waited for the video which was set to promo at or around 11am-12noon that day. Called immediately.