• The June 2024 Lotus Emira of the Month contest is underway! Please take a moment to check out thread here: 🏆 June 2024 - Emira of the Month starts now! (You can dismiss this message by clicking the X in the top right hand corner of this notice.)

Floor mat lugs

AndyVX

Reaction score
I removed the floor mats to clean them and for the life of me I can’t get the black plastic lugs to lock back into place to hold them down.
I’ve tried screwing them down and pushing them into place.
Any advice?

They can be a bit fiddly. They are the same fitting as the Evora. You have to line up the hole in the mat with the fitting, I usually push my finger through the hole to line everything up then press the lug down and I use a 50p piece to tighten it up. If it is not lined up properly, it won't tighten.
It is one of those things that you need to discover 'the knack' !
When I got my Emira and realised it was still the same fitting as the Evora again, I thought " Oh no, not those things again!" There is massive progress with the interior compared to the Evora, but the progress excludes the floor mats!

Looks like I need to import some coins while waiting for the car...
314_coin-designs-and-specifications_50p.jpg

Try these:

Thanks for that. Bought them a few months ago and they are working well

Try these:
Do these hold/attach better or are they just a different look?

I had a problem with my drivers side . I was out driving and one of the lugs managed to work it’s way loose and rolled in the way of the pedals . The dealer replaced all 4 in the end (passenger side as well ) since they were all badly marked and badly fitting from new .

Piggy backing on this mat related thread. Has Lotus made any official all weather mats for Emira or have made for Evora in past (so indicate they might for Emira)?
I dont expect to drive mine in bad weather but like to put them in cars if they look good.

Last edited: