• We are conducting our first ever Lotus Emira of the Month for May 2024. This will be a monthly contest and will be submissions from users, voted for by the membership. Please take a moment to check out thread here: 🏆 May 2024 - Emira of the Month starts now! (You can dismiss this message by clicking the X in the top right hand corner of this notice.)

First wash and paint decontamination

DaaS

Emira Fanatic
Reaction score
Emira Status
Emira Owner
As part of the first wash, I wanted to decontaminate the paint because my car sat at the port for some time before it was delivered. I have no idea if the car had the factory shipping wrap or not while it was waiting for delivery.

Anyhow, I decided to use an iron remover, and to my surprise, there was iron contamination on most of the body panels. I used Adam’s iron remover and it was fairly easy to see purple streaks on Seneca blue. I ended up doing two rounds of it and used almost two 16oz bottles.

After that, I used Adam’s Strip Wash to thoroughly clean the paint.

Sorry I don’t have any pictures to show you of the iron removal process because I was trying to get all this done before it got hot and sunny. But wanted to share my experience in case you were wondering about paint decon.

Next, I need to clay the car to finish the decon process before moving on to polishing out the swirl marks!

1711404942608.png

Last edited:
Aerie Performance Lotus Emira Carbon Fiber Parts GregsRaceParts.com

Latest posts