• We are conducting our first ever Lotus Emira of the Month for May 2024. This will be a monthly contest and will be submissions from users, voted for by the membership. Please take a moment to check out thread here: 🏆 May 2024 - Emira of the Month starts now! (You can dismiss this message by clicking the X in the top right hand corner of this notice.)

Emira Forum Previous Car History - What automotive brand are you coming from?

Please choose what you are currently driving or replacing with an Emira

• Audi

Votes: 17 13.3%
  • BMW

Votes: 39 30.5%
  • Mercedes

Votes: 8 6.3%
  • Aston Martin

Votes: 4 3.1%
  • Porsche

Votes: 30 23.4%
  • Corvette

Votes: 2 1.6%
  • Ford

Votes: 7 5.5%
  • Jaguar/Land Rover

Votes: 10 7.8%
  • Alfa Romeo

• Alpine

Votes: 1 0.8%
  • Ferrari

Votes: 5 3.9%
  • Lamborghini

• VW

Votes: 6 4.7%
  • Lotus

Votes: 23 18.0%
  • Mclaren

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Other ; specify in thread

• Toyota

• Mazda

Votes: 5 3.9%
  • Chrysler (jeep, Dodge)

Votes: 3 2.3%
  • Tesla

Votes: 8 6.3%
  • Renault

• Peugeot

• Honda

Votes: 6 4.7%
  • Nissan

• Total voters

Dommo

Emira Fan
Reaction score
Wanting to see where Lotus pulled us from. So created a poll. Discussion can be about why/what made you want to try Lotus from what you were currently driving.
AMG GTR. Sold it in early 2022 to prepare for my Summer 2022 Emira delivery 😂.

Can't really remember why I sold it for the Emira but I sure wish I'd kept it for a bit longer!

IMG_8498.JPG

Mctaff

Emira Fiend
Reaction score
AMG GTR. Sold it in early 2022 to prepare for my Summer 2022 Emira delivery 😂.

Can't really remember why I sold it for the Emira but I sure wish I'd kept it for a bit longer!

View attachment 21152

Decided to test drive one of these! Poss not the R though.

I sold my old shape Vantage just before the emira launch and was wondering what to do when the emira popped up!

4A5DCD2B-3876-4A79-8AF5-0E5D0FF9E1FB.jpeg

Last edited:

Dommo

Emira Fan
Reaction score
Decided to test drive one of these! Poss not the R though.

I sold my old shape Vantage just before the emira launch and was wondering what to do when the emira popped up!
Bang for buck, I think they're great value and you don't get the same negative vibes as some other brands from non-car people for whatever reason - even in Hell Magna Green!

Even the R is getting dangerously close to Emira money now...

GetawayDriving

Emira Fiend
Reaction score
Lol all of my (recent) previous cars are “other”.

Tesla (Model 3 P), Jeep (Wrangler 4XE), Mazda (Miata)

Extremely familiar with Lotus brand and dynamics though, have put close to 10k miles on Lotus owned by other people 😅

Last edited:

Cachaco131

Emira Maniac
Reaction score
Emira Status
Waiting to order
No love for Renault and Skoda hatchbacks? Don't forget us originally from South America where we get euro cars .

virtualmacho

Supporting Member
Reaction score
Emira Status
Emira Owner
From a Mazda (RX-8). The Emira is an import (everything-from-the-West-is-supposed-to-be-superior vibe post WWII) yet somewhat affordable and dealer within walking distance, supposed to handle like a Lotus but more comfortable than Elise/Exige/Evora, and looks nice.

Attachments

• PXL_20220327_141733304.NIGHT-masked.jpg
    PXL_20220327_141733304.NIGHT-masked.jpg
    462.8 KB · Views: 19
OP
L

Lotustoronto

Emira Addict
Reaction score
Emira Status
Emira on order
No Mazda wtf yo? #miataisalwaystheanswer
Lol all of my (recent) previous cars are “other”.

Tesla (Model 3 P), Jeep (Wrangler 4XE), Mazda (Miata)

Extremely familiar with Lotus brand and dynamics though, have put close to 10k miles on Lotus owned by other people 😅
No love for Renault and Skoda hatchbacks? Don't forget us originally from South America where we get euro cars .
Updated.... Sorry for the big miss on some of these.

Miata is a great car and I personally Love the 1990's RX-7!

Jimblob

Emira Fanatic
Reaction score
Crayon Grey GT3 - sold it for a few reasons.

1. It was too fast as a daily driver. The fun came when you really pushed it and the morning commute is not the place to push that hard.

2. I also didn’t have the talent to drive that fast or the restraint to slow down enough!

3. I was putting loads more miles on it than almost all other GT3s so I started to worry about residuals.

4. I wanted something more affordable that I could use however I wanted and whenever I wanted and not worry too much about it.

5. My wife wasn’t overly impressed when she found out what I paid (I’m not on Porsches VIP list so def didn’t pay list).

48949693-63CA-4AE0-8B85-84D386391DE2.jpeg

Dommo

Emira Fan
Reaction score

1. It was too fast as a daily driver. The fun came when you really pushed it and the morning commute is not the place to push that hard.

2. I also didn’t have the talent to drive that fast or the restraint to slow down enough!

3. I was putting loads more miles on it than almost all other GT3s so I started to worry about residuals.

4. I wanted something more affordable that I could use however I wanted and whenever I wanted and not worry too much about it.

5. My wife wasn’t overly impressed when she found out what I paid (I’m not on Porsches VIP list so def didn’t pay list).

View attachment 21165
What a car!! Defo on my radar.

I totally understand the worry about driving vs residuals and I had the same reservations with my GT4, but looking back I wish I'd cared less and just enjoyed it more.

I fear that the same fate will come to early Emira owners - worrying about residuals- and suddenly the market will be filled with them and they will regret not just enjoying them.

My point of view these days is that we should all just buy what makes us happy (if affordable) and not just see a car as an asset but as a luxury item to enjoy.

Jimblob

Emira Fanatic
Reaction score
What a car!! Defo on my radar.

I totally understand the worry about driving vs residuals and I had the same reservations with my GT4, but looking back I wish I'd cared less and just enjoyed it more.

I fear that the same fate will come to early Emira owners - worrying about residuals- and suddenly the market will be filled with them and they will regret not just enjoying them.

My point of view these days is that we should all just buy what makes us happy (if affordable) and not just see a car as an asset but as a luxury item to enjoy.
I’m not worried about the Emira residuals. For me it’s a car that’s a lot of fun to drive and to enjoy as I see fit whilst also still being beautiful to look at.

I just hope the cars reliability and Lotus’s dealer support mean it will continue to be a fun ownership proposition :)

OP
L

Lotustoronto

Emira Addict
Reaction score
Emira Status
Emira on order

View attachment 21165
Coming from GT3 and now enjoying the Emira.... we need more of this on the forum these days! Are you happy you made the switch? No regrets?

GetawayDriving

Emira Fiend
Reaction score

Jimblob

Emira Fanatic
Reaction score
Coming from GT3 and now enjoying the Emira.... we need more of this on the forum these days! Are you happy you made the switch? No regrets?

Very happy.

The cars been faultless so far. Almost 700 miles done in 3 weeks - and that’s despite all the terrible weather we’ve had in the UK and having Covid for a week!

I genuinely think that if I kept the GT3 I wouldn’t be around - I’d probably be in prison or worse!

The Emira is just a fun car all round. It’s not perfect (is anything though?) and it provides great accessible fun at a perfect price point.