Does anyone know the model number of this connector?

Shyatic

Emira Fan
Reaction score
Emira Status
Emira Owner
So quick question, and it may seem silly... how do you remove the glovebox? There are a few hex screws behind the latch area that is able to be pried off easily, but I was hesitant to remove them without knowing that is the correct way to go about it.

Appreciate any help.

silent cilantro

Emira Fanatic
Reaction score
Emira Status
Emira Owner
So quick question, and it may seem silly... how do you remove the glovebox? There are a few hex screws behind the latch area that is able to be pried off easily, but I was hesitant to remove them without knowing that is the correct way to go about it.

Appreciate any help.
IMG_3736.jpeg

IMG_3737.jpeg

Subw00er

Emira Fan
Reaction score
its more painful than that with the side moldings and cover. :) Getting the door molding back on and over that cover is a pita.

FlyNavy01

Emira Fanatic
Reaction score
Emira Status
Emira Owner
Thank you to all those who compiled this helpful information. This is why I love car forums. Hardwired my Viofo A229 Pro using this method and it works flawlessly. Powers up with ignition and transitions to parking mode a few seconds after turning the car off. Fantastic find whoever discovered that hidden unused connecter. It took me a few minutes of searching even after removing the glovebox because Lotus had wrapped it in foam, presumably for NVH reasons. I used the AliExpress connector mentioned above and wired it to the end of the Viofo hardwire kit and it was plug-and-play after that. Very clean install with no visible wires.

IMG_6457.JPG
IMG_6452.JPG

robrmon

Emira Fanatic
Reaction score
Emira Status
Emira Owner
We have received the product and would like to report the results.

The connector model number 174928-2 matched.
The product website seemed to offer a choice of pre-assembled ones, but due to the actual role and color difference, I purchased the unassembled ones and assembled them.
The 3-pin connector seemed to be one for the battery, one for accessory power, and one for ground (GND).
It is smarter than taking it from the fuse box and I am personally happy with it.

Thank you Porter for telling me about the connectors!
View attachment 34187
View attachment 34188
Sorry for being an idiot, but if I want to connect something to disconnector do I just use the ground and accessory?