Classic Team Lotus Garden Party - Sat 20 May

TomE

Staff member
Reaction score
Emira Status
Emira on order
I'm pleased to announce Clive Chapman, Managing Director of Classic Team Lotus, has invited EmiraForum members to the inaugural Classic Team Lotus Garden Party. Emira owners are particularly welcome to join and show off their cars alongside an incredible collection of Lotus road and race cars from across the years.

This is one of several Lotus 75th Anniversary events taking place this year and is being held at East Carleton Manor, home for Clive's parents and Lotus founders Colin and Hazel Chapman.

Please visit https://ctlgardenparty.com/ for the presentation of this new event and to order tickets, which are limited to 200 people and priced at £225. Email [email protected] with any questions or for more information.

The hospitality marquee is to have tables of either 8 or 10 and guests will have the opportunity to be placed together with others, as they wish.

Clive says "East Carleton Manor represents Hazel & Colin Chapman Heritage in so many special ways, which the Chapman family wants to share with Lotus enthusiasts. To this end we would be especially pleased for EmiraForum members to be aware of the event so they have the opportunity to consider attending. It would be lovely to attract a good turnout of Emira owners. Being the first such occasion is exciting and the combination with many significant features will make this a landmark occasion for Lotus in its 75th year."

CTL Garden Party.jpg

CTL Castleton Manor.jpg

OP
TomE

TomE

Staff member
Reaction score
Emira Status
Emira on order
Yes, planning to be.

I'm going to stay locally on Saturday night and have also been thinking about organising an informal run on Sunday morning with a few local Lotus owners. If anyone on here is interested (whether you're going to the CTL GP on not) let me know and we can start a new thread for that.

JimH

Emira Fiend
Reaction score
Emira Status
Emira Owner
Yes, planning to be.

I'm going to stay locally on Saturday night and have also been thinking about organising an informal run on Sunday morning with a few local Lotus owners. If anyone on here is interested (whether you're going to the CTL GP on not) let me know and we can start a new thread for that.
Apologies for absence - I'll be in Germany that weekend.....

hml_xy

Emira Fan
Reaction score
Emira Status
Emira Owner
Hmmm, considering to come over for this. The weather should be alright by then so it could make for a nice roadtrip.

CDM1855

Emira Fiend
Reaction score
Yes, planning to be.

@TomE A Sunday Drive would be nice, presuming I’ve actually got the car by then

OP
TomE

TomE

Staff member
Reaction score
Emira Status
Emira on order
Is anyone else going to this event apart from me and @sslater006? It’s now sold out.

Also, anyone interested in doing an informal run on Sunday morning?

Billyidoliser

Emira Fan
Reaction score
Is anyone else going to this event apart from me and @sslater006? It’s now sold out.

Also, anyone interested in doing an informal run on Sunday morning?
Hi Tom, should pick up my car this Friday, please let me have some more information and I'll try and attend!
The Sunday morning that is!

OP
TomE

TomE

Staff member
Reaction score
Emira Status
Emira on order
Some great pictures from the garden party here:

I've posted the individual Emira pictures into the colours threads but you've got loads of other Lotus cars and the attendees in the album linked above. Spot the Lotus celebrities!

Also seems like a good excuse to post the group photo and a picture of my GT430:

52960364835_1d3b376424_h.jpg
52959982181_2c1b7d398e_h.jpg

52959905591_5b386fbe88_h.jpg