• We are conducting our first ever Lotus Emira of the Month for May 2024. This will be a monthly contest and will be submissions from users, voted for by the membership. Please take a moment to check out thread here: 🏆 May 2024 - Emira of the Month starts now! (You can dismiss this message by clicking the X in the top right hand corner of this notice.)

Any ParkPlace/Bellevue FE1 deposit holders successfully cancel your order and get a refund?

4MIR3

Emira Fan
Reaction score
I know their contract states non refundable after the second deposit, but they have not fulfilled their end by supplying the actual car within the timeframe quoted (multiple times). I called a few months ago inquiring, but they said that all deposits are nonrefundable. Not sure legally how that would stand in Washington state?.. curious if anyone has any experience either way?

IMG_1867.png

DerTheDer

Emira Maniac
Reaction score
Emira Status
Emira Owner
Interested in this as well. I think these dealers should give the non refundables back since they literally cant deliver a vehicle nor nail down a timeframe. (Which is evident by the continuously push backs.)

Magma

Emira Fiend
Reaction score
It's hard to find the Washington state laws in this, but I have lost a deposit before at a Jag dealer when I changed my mind on the order.

I didn't push getting it back because the document I signed stated the same thing. My fault as I assumed all deposits were refundable and the sales guy never explicitly told us it was non-refundable before we signed. Again...our fault for not reading the entire document. It was late, they were closing...blah blah.

My thoughts are that the dealerships know and understand the laws when it comes to these deposits and if they can refuse to refund them under certain circumstances (say a signed document stating it is non-refundable) the laws probably allow for that, unfortunately.

dgrace

Emira Fiend
Reaction score
Emira Status
Emira Owner
I asked a while back if it would be possible to roll the deposit into purchase of something from PP’s inventory, got a hard no. So I’ll wait for delivery at this point and then decide whether to keep it. If I live long enough.

Reaction score
Emira Status
Emira on order
I know their contract states non refundable after the second deposit, but they have not fulfilled their end by supplying the actual car within the timeframe quoted (multiple times). I called a few months ago inquiring, but they said that all deposits are nonrefundable. Not sure legally how that would stand in Washington state?.. curious if anyone has any experience either way?

View attachment 31585
Lotus of Bellevue / Park Place Ltd will refund all pre-order deposits on our waitlist, simply send an email to your Sales Associate requesting to cancel your pre-order. Only production orders placed with the factory where you specified your build and a factory order was placed in your name, and you paid the additional funds, those are not cancellable. Just like any other manufacturer. Should a hardship issue arrive prior to your production order arriving and you cannot take delivery of your ordered Lotus, please let your SA know of your situation and we will be happy to work with you after your vehicle arrives, I am certain there will be many buyers who would like to purchase your spec. - We are always happy to do our best to accommodate the needs of our customers.

Aero

Emira Fanatic
Reaction score
Emira Status
Emira Owner
Thats a lot more terms in writing than I got (not Seattle). I had to make them write terms out on the deposit slip for refundable/non refundable. Think they thought I was a lawyer or something.
Sadly I dont think they violated their terms as written. Only if you had something or in emails on there about the car would be delivered by a certain date or money back.
Hard to believe they wanted 5k upfront and then 10k at order submission. Makes me appreciate my dealer's 2500 total deal.
Maybe theyll deal with you some since they may speculate they can make money by selling your intended car 'new' to someone else.

Maurice R

Emira Fiend
Reaction score
Sad for you that you had to pay 2 deposits that are non refundable.
Should have gone with a dealership that took a $ 2,500 refundable deposit
No extra when order was placed.
I spoke to my dealership last week about paying more.
Was told when the car gets here I will need pay balance in full.

VL3X

Staff member
Reaction score
Only production orders placed with the factory where you specified your build and a factory order was placed in your name, and you paid the additional funds, those are not cancellable.

Pshhh... I didn't read the entire contract, but I'd certainly say the contract has been breached simply due to the constant delays and lack of communication. The law differs from state to state (and dealer), but I was certainly able to get my $5k in deposits refunded a year after spec ordering from my Jersey dealer. My entire family worked in dealerships here in DE and most buyers are able to get refunds up until the purchase is finalized and they drive it off the lot. Vehicles can be rejected upon arrival for many reasons.

@4MIR3 If your dealer denies your refund request, I'd recommend contacting a lawyer. The bad reviews and losing a potential customer(s) over something like that are never worth it from a business standpoint. Most dealers have integrity and understand the occasional need to cancel. Especially with a high demand vehicle like the Emira.

kratedisease

Emira Fanatic
Reaction score
Better than that, contact your local TV news station about doing an intervention consumer news story related to you not getting a refund . You will see how fast the dealer will give you your money back and then apologize and falsely claim that it was all some misunderstanding because the salesman was unclear about their refund policy.

TV news will get your money back like lightning

OP

4MIR3

Emira Fan
Reaction score
Lotus of Bellevue / Park Place Ltd will refund all pre-order deposits on our waitlist, simply send an email to your Sales Associate requesting to cancel your pre-order. Only production orders placed with the factory where you specified your build and a factory order was placed in your name, and you paid the additional funds, those are not cancellable. Just like any other manufacturer. Should a hardship issue arrive prior to your production order arriving and you cannot take delivery of your ordered Lotus, please let your SA know of your situation and we will be happy to work with you after your vehicle arrives, I am certain there will be many buyers who would like to purchase your spec. - We are always happy to do our best to accommodate the needs of our customers.
Here's the thing... you broke your end of the contract by not delivering the car when stated (more than once!). I'm a first batch depositor from launch debut. I have wasted so much time waiting... Car was initially to be delivered in Spring of 2022... then delayed to Fall of 2022... then delayed to Spring of 2023... now delayed to fall/winter of 2023... and wouldn't be surprised it that will be delayed again. My final "non-refundable" deposit (total of $15k) was taken in Spring of 2022. I could take legal action... but that is last resort. Just wish Park Place would do the right thing. It's not like they can't sell it to someone else.

DerTheDer

Emira Maniac
Reaction score
Emira Status
Emira Owner
Here's the thing... you broke your end of the contract by not delivering the car when stated (more than once!). I'm a first batch depositor from launch debut. I have wasted so much time waiting... Car was initially to be delivered in Spring of 2022... then delayed to Fall of 2022... then delayed to Spring of 2023... now delayed to fall/winter of 2023... and wouldn't be surprised it that will be delayed again. My final "non-refundable" deposit (total of $15k) was taken in Spring of 2022. I could take legal action... but that is last resort. Just wish Park Place would do the right thing. It's not like they can't sell it to someone else.

Well said. Not being able to deliver the vehicle due to Lotus Delays should be a breach of contract.

TomE

Staff member
Reaction score
Emira Status
Emira on order
Did the deposit contract include a delivery date? In the UK the delivery timing in the deposit T&Cs was only indicative and subject to change.

OP

4MIR3

Emira Fan
Reaction score
Did the deposit contract include a delivery date? In the UK the delivery timing in the deposit T&Cs was only indicative and subject to change.
Delivery was only indicated as expected delivery via email from my Sales Associate. There was no further contract beyond the above terms.

TomE

Staff member
Reaction score
Emira Status
Emira on order
OK, so I think your opportunity to take legal action for late delivery is fairly limited. As you say, better that the dealer does the right thing, refunds you and offers the slot to someone else than get into a legal wrangle.

OP

4MIR3

Emira Fan
Reaction score
Which is why I will more than likely just take delivery and then sell it right away for what I paid. Zero intention attempting to flip it for a profit. I have since moved on. I don't want to disclose any more as I fear dealer retaliation... further delays.

hagen111

Emira Fan
Reaction score
I would investigate how formal the provided the 'anticipated delivery date' is...if they fall short by a month, not so much you can do. If they are way past anticipated and communicated delivery date and have not provided a car...different story. I would say they breach the contract in case they don't live up to something close to the formally communicated anticipated delivery date.

What date did they communicate to you (as stated they would do in the contract you signed).

TXEMIRA

Emira Maniac
Reaction score
Has anyone cancelled anywhere and received their deposit back without hassle? Asking for a friend.

DerTheDer

Emira Maniac
Reaction score
Emira Status
Emira Owner
Nah they hassled me and told me I would not get any money back. So far I dont know any FE 1st/2nd/3rd batch people with locked in orders that have been given a refund.

Bilbao-Emira

Emira Maniac
Reaction score
Emira Status
Emira Owner
Has anyone cancelled anywhere and received their deposit back without hassle? Asking for a friend.
Not to take into account for US, but as a piece of information.
Back in January'23 @emiraspain got his Emira delivered and rejected it. The dealer gave him back the deposit (10.000 Euros) and sold it at MRSP in 1 day.

Lotustoronto

Emira Addict
Reaction score
Emira Status
Emira on order
Not to take into account for US, but as a piece of information.
Back in January'23 @emiraspain got his Emira delivered and rejected it. The dealer gave him back the deposit (10.000 Euros) and sold it at MRSP in 1 day.
What happened to that Englishman living in Barcelona? Still frolicking into Columbia?? Hope he is doing well.

Aerie Performance Lotus Emira Carbon Fiber Parts GregsRaceParts.com

Latest posts