• We are conducting our first ever Lotus Emira of the Month for May 2024. This will be a monthly contest and will be submissions from users, voted for by the membership. Please take a moment to check out thread here: 🏆 May 2024 - Emira of the Month starts now! (You can dismiss this message by clicking the X in the top right hand corner of this notice.)

Alex's Verde Ithaca Evora GT Journal

Time2Fly

Emira Fiend
Reaction score
Emira Status
Emira on order
FYI, the dealer wanted ~$900 to do it with me supplying the pan and oil.
That's not an awful amount, but definitely better if you can do the wrenching yourself. Thanks for the write up!

Porter

tap tap... is this thing on?
Reaction score
Emira Status
Emira Owner
I wonder if the Emira has the same amount of clearance at that corner where they expanded the capacity of the pan?

I get the struggle with the nuts inside the pan body... Is it not possible to go in directly through the access ports with a very long ratchet extension and a wobble socket? I'm trying to visualize what you were running into, so I will know how to prepare when I do it. 😂

Also, is the conversion to all studs something that Moroso recommended? Or just your own preference?

OP
VL3X

VL3X

Staff member
Reaction score
I wonder if the Emira has the same amount of clearance at that corner where they expanded the capacity of the pan?

I get the struggle with the nuts inside the pan body... Is it not possible to go in directly through the access ports with a very long ratchet extension and a wobble socket? I'm trying to visualize what you were running into, so I will know how to prepare when I do it. 😂

Also, is the conversion to all studs something that Moroso recommended? Or just your own preference?

I used a small ¼" drive socket wrench with the smallest 10mm I had and multiple combinations of wobble sockets. In retrospect, I'd recommend threading those 3 studs in as deep as possible while still leaving enough threads for the nut.

I considered reusing the stock bolts, but the Moroso pan has a much thicker lip, so I had to convert to the supplied studs all around.

OP
VL3X

VL3X

Staff member
Reaction score
Car life lately. 😔

1000015263.jpg

1000015266.jpg

Nova

Emira Addict
Reaction score
Emira Status
Emira Owner
Lovely color against the white.

I was going out for a bike ride in the snow and found our mail-woman stuck in front of our mail box. I went back and brought out my snow blower and salt to help get her on her way. Took half an hour.

I know, random story that has nothing to do with anything. Stay warm and don't get stuck, I guess.

OP
VL3X

VL3X

Staff member
Reaction score
Lovely color against the white.

I was going out for a bike ride in the snow and found our mail-woman stuck in front of our mail box. I went back and brought out my snow blower and salt to help get her on her way. Took half an hour.

I know, random story that has nothing to do with anything. Stay warm and don't get stuck, I guess.

Nice job! I just spent the last hour shoveling my driveway so I could move my wife's car off the street. In retrospect, I should have just parked it in the driveway last night before the snow, but it felt good to get a little workout in outside today.

What kind of bike do you have that can handle snow?!

Nova

Emira Addict
Reaction score
Emira Status
Emira Owner
Nice job! I just spent the last hour shoveling my driveway so I could move my wife's car off the street. In retrospect, I should have just parked it in the driveway last night before the snow, but it felt good to get a little workout in outside today.

What kind of bike do you have that can handle snow?!
It started snowing again here in northern Virginia.

I just have a fairly standard hard tail mountain bike. It's 3-4 inches of snow here so it's ridable. I did lower the tire to about 18 PSI though... didn't have any issues with traction.

20240119_163100.jpg

OP
VL3X

VL3X

Staff member
Reaction score
It started snowing again here in northern Virginia.

I just have a fairly standard hard tail mountain bike. It's 3-4 inches of snow here so it's ridable. I did lower the tire to about 18 PSI though... didn't have any issues with traction.

View attachment 35981

Oh nice! I have a hard tail Giant I should try to take out. I'd be more comfortable with some meatier tires though.

finny76

EMIRAAA
Reaction score
Emira Status
Emira on order
Great, a baffled pan has to be one of my first changes. Sounds like it’s not going to be fun, so anything that makes it easier.
Looks like a nice piece of kit! I especially like the maintenance free aspect. For those watching, what part number is this? I wonder if it will work on the the Emira 🤔
The EMIRA utilizes the identical engine as the EVORA. The key question arises: what motivates someone to pursue this upgrade for the EMIRA, and what advantages or benefits does it offer?

Last edited:

Porter

tap tap... is this thing on?
Reaction score
Emira Status
Emira Owner
The EMIRA utilizes the identical engine as the EVORA. The key question arises: what motivates someone to pursue this upgrade for the EMIRA, and what advantages or benefits does it offer?
Emira doesn't have a baffled pan, so it can get oil starvation on extended high G turns.

finny76

EMIRAAA
Reaction score
Emira Status
Emira on order
Emira doesn't have a baffled pan, so it can get oil starvation on extended high G turns.
So, its confirmed that the EMIRA lacks a baffled pan. Positive is that it doesn't demand maintenance every two years, like the EVORA GT. On the flip side, there's a potential negative is of possible oil starvation during high-G turns, as you pointed out.

Definitely a plus for track use, however for street or drag strip applications I dont think it would have any advantage over stock pan (unless i'm missing something?)

Last edited:
OP
VL3X

VL3X

Staff member
Reaction score
Installed this fancy carbon fiber center console trim last week. This custom order part took about 4 months to come in and I was considering doing a light Verde Ithaca paint coat (light enough to still see the carbon weave), but I really liked how the gloss carbon matched the other interior carbon bits (door sills and binnacle) so I just installed as is.

Removing the stock trim was a pita. You can pull up the shift boot and shifter trim and then there are metal clips that are extremely tough to remove. I was worried about damaging the Alcantara on the tunnel or breaking the plastic trim whole removing, but I eventually got it with some trim tools and a tiny metal poker tool.

Posted a bunch of before/after pics and vids on my Instagram story for those interested. I think it adds some class to the interior. 😎

20240121_131839.jpg

Time2Fly

Emira Fiend
Reaction score
Emira Status
Emira on order
Installed this fancy carbon fiber center console trim last week. This custom order part took about 4 months to come in and I was considering doing a light Verde Ithaca paint coat (light enough to still see the carbon weave), but I really liked how the gloss carbon matched the other interior carbon bits (door sills and binnacle) so I just installed as is.

Removing the stock trim was a pita. You can pull up the shift boot and shifter trim and then there are metal clips that are extremely tough to remove. I was worried about damaging the Alcantara on the tunnel or breaking the plastic trim whole removing, but I eventually got it with some trim tools and a tiny metal poker tool.

Posted a bunch of before/after pics and vids on my Instagram story for those interested. I think it adds some class to the interior. 😎

View attachment 36479
Is this a replacement or stick on? From the description I'm guessing replacement. Who made it? Are they doing Emira stuff?

Ooh, it's @GRP! Sweet.

T6061

Emira Fan
Reaction score
Emira Status
Emira on order
Is this a replacement or stick on? From the description I'm guessing replacement. Who made it? Are they doing Emira stuff?

Ooh, it's @GRP! Sweet.
Yes, we’ll need that to replace the gloss black gearshift surround in the center console. Please offer both matte and glossy!

OP
VL3X

VL3X

Staff member
Reaction score
Looks great. It would be nice if someone offered some type of kit for updating the look of the infotainment!

Agreed! A lot of owners swap in a newer Alpine unit, since it's plug and play. I'm just not a fan of volume buttons and none of their new units offer volume knobs. But, the stock unit sounds pretty good and I just connect my phone in the glove box to run Android Auto whenever I get in. There's also a way to customize the loading screen with your own pics, but I haven't attempted that yet.

What really needs to be replaced is the laughable reverse cam. It's some older Clarion unit with the resolution of a potato. I'm going to attempt to swap it out this summer. Hoping I can just splice a new one in without running new wires to the headunit.

OP
VL3X

VL3X

Staff member
Reaction score
What is the best drive you have had in it so far???

Great question with an easy answer.. The day I drove it home 7 hours with my best bud. One of the best days of my life!

Close second would be on track at Watkins Glen International back in September. Great weather and among some awesome cars.. (GT4RS, Ferraris, etc.). 🏁