• We are conducting our first ever Lotus Emira of the Month for May 2024. This will be a monthly contest and will be submissions from users, voted for by the membership. Please take a moment to check out thread here: 🏆 May 2024 - Emira of the Month starts now! (You can dismiss this message by clicking the X in the top right hand corner of this notice.)

What have I done?

Johnda1

Reaction score
Emira Status
Emira Owner
I've always wanted a Lambo or a Ferrari but as the models I want (manual Gallardo or manual 360/430) are rare and not getting any cheaper my attention turned to the Emira after I saw it at Good FOS. I've put a deposit down and I'm now wondering about how to fund it. Obviously I want to see it in the flesh close up and check the specs out. My brother had a series 2 Exige which he regrets selling and that was an awesome little car. I've also toyed with the idea of an s3 Exige as I love the looks and they can be great value for money but I worry that it's too compromised - The Emira seems like a great choice. V6 or AMG????

Wolfram

Emira Fan
Reaction score
I also have a deposit down, but having second thoughts since I discovered the V6 manual is going to be £75-85k. That puts a lot of exciting new and used exotica into contention for the money - including a manual Gallardo or Ferrari 360...

Wolfram

Emira Fan
Reaction score
- For context, I had originally seen that base price at launch was < £60k and that the V6 would be available first, followed by the AMG 4-pot, so assumed I could get a fun, V6 manual track-ready Emira for around £70k depending on spec. Now that's looking like £95k.

supersix

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
"What have you done".. the right thing 😂

Welcome to the forum @Johnda1 - I'm still undecided on the motor, but leaning towards the V6. It depends on the final performance & engine specs though.

johnnymac

Reaction score
I also have a deposit down, but having second thoughts since I discovered the V6 manual is going to be £75-85k. That puts a lot of exciting new and used exotica into contention for the money - including a manual Gallardo or Ferrari 360...
Hmmm, I don’t think any official numbers are out yet. It would be a pretty big mistake if Lotus prices the Emira in the Porsche 718 GT4 level. I tend to think that the First Edition should be around the Porsche 718 GTS level and the base model would be around the 718 S level or maybe T. If it’s the price that you expect there will be a lot of cancelled orders.

Wolfram

Emira Fan
Reaction score
Hmmm, I don’t think any official numbers are out yet. It would be a pretty big mistake if Lotus prices the Emira in the Porsche 718 GT4 level. I tend to think that the First Edition should be around the Porsche 718 GTS level and the base model would be around the 718 S level or maybe T. If it’s the price that you expect there will be a lot of cancelled orders.
Well I hope it's wrong, but here's the source from Evo - who I generally trust:

"The V6-engined car will form the upper end of the Emira range, with a circa £75-85,000 starting price and rivalling more serious sports cars such as Porsche’s Cayman GTS 4.0 and the BMW M2 Competition."
https://www.evo.co.uk/lotus/203463/lotus-emira-makes-world-debut-all-new-coupe-to-rival-alpine-a110

I may very well still go ahead with the Emira - I think it looks great and ticks so many boxes. But priced in the 718 GT4 /GTS 4.0 range it has serious competition; throw in used options as the OP mentioned, then there's even more to think about!

CanadianEmira

Emira Fanatic
Reaction score
Well I hope it's wrong, but here's the source from Evo - who I generally trust:

"The V6-engined car will form the upper end of the Emira range, with a circa £75-85,000 starting price and rivalling more serious sports cars such as Porsche’s Cayman GTS 4.0 and the BMW M2 Competition."
https://www.evo.co.uk/lotus/203463/lotus-emira-makes-world-debut-all-new-coupe-to-rival-alpine-a110

I may very well still go ahead with the Emira - I think it looks great and ticks so many boxes. But priced in the 718 GT4 /GTS 4.0 range it has serious competition; throw in used options as the OP mentioned, then there's even more to think about!
This doesn’t make a lot of sense to me as the GT4 and the M2C are *very* differently priced.