V6 Emira - Shock

OGB

Reaction score
Hi guys,

New to the forum and have a keen interest in Lotus Cars as I could be looking to make my first ever Lotus purchase.

Apologies if this has been covered somewhere else but I visited our local dealer here in Dubai earlier today and was told that the V6 Engines are no longer available for 2024.

Dealer had a total of 7 Emiras available for immediate purchase and is open to taking 2024 orders but only for the i4.

Is it true that the V6 will be retired so early in the game and that it was exclusive to First Editions only?

Thanks for your help.

Omar

Lotustoronto

Emira Addict
Reaction score
Emira Status
Emira on order
You would be the first person told this I believe. Have not heard of the V6 being discontinued. However, certain markets were never suppose to get the V6, i.e. china. Due to emission regulations and cost. I would maybe sent an email to lotus directly and ask customer service about that.

It is possible that for next model year (2024), orders are only for i4 first editions since the V6 base Emira has not been revealed yet and can not be ordered. But come 2025 model year, you should be able to order a V6 base Emira.

EspritGuy

Emira Addict
Reaction score
Emira Status
Emira Owner
Hi guys,

New to the forum and have a keen interest in Lotus Cars as I could be looking to make my first ever Lotus purchase.

Apologies if this has been covered somewhere else but I visited our local dealer here in Dubai earlier today and was told that the V6 Engines are no longer available for 2024.

Dealer had a total of 7 Emiras available for immediate purchase and is open to taking 2024 orders but only for the i4.

Is it true that the V6 will be retired so early in the game and that it was exclusive to First Editions only?

Thanks for your help.

Omar
Seven Emira available for purchase - not of interest to you versus something delivered in 2024?

DF_Toronto

Emira Fanatic
Reaction score
Emira Status
Emira on order
I beleive they will be limited in some markets and perhaps discontinued early. However, the dealerships are getting allocations of each variant and are having a hard time getting people to take the i4 as most are passing and waiting for a V6 even if it takes longer. There’s the possibility the dealership has an enough demand or V6s already spoken for and want to sell the i4s. It’s an extra sale for them if they can’t get anyone to take an i4 when Lotus won’t give them enough V6 to meet demand.

OP
O

OGB

Reaction score
Seven Emira available for purchase - not of interest to you versus something delivered in 2024?
The cars they have are gorgeous but none in a combination I personally want, hence I asked to spec one with the combo I desired at which point I was told that orders for V6 will no longer be possible since it is discontinued. I may go back and pull the trigger on one of the 7 available but was hoping to spec to my liking even if I have to wait.

Reactions: vdr

GlobalPilot777

Emira Fan
Reaction score
Emira Status
Emira Owner
The cars they have are gorgeous but none in a combination I personally want, hence I asked to spec one with the combo I desired at which point I was told that orders for V6 will no longer be possible since it is discontinued. I may go back and pull the trigger on one of the 7 available but was hoping to spec to my liking even if I have to wait.
Most of them available are auto’s I guess. Did they had anything in black wheels yellow calipers and black alcantara contrasting yellow stiches available?

OP
O

OGB

Reaction score
Most of them available are auto’s I guess. Did they had anything in black wheels yellow calipers and black alcantara contrasting yellow stiches available?
Yes majority are auto but they had a couple of manuals. They had a few with black wheels but not necessarily with yellow calipers.

This is why i want to the ability to spec my own rather than "make do"...

ADC

Just Jazzed About Being On The Show
Reaction score
Emira Status
Emira on order
Yes majority are auto but they had a couple of manuals. They had a few with black wheels but not necessarily with yellow calipers.

This is why i want to the ability to spec my own rather than "make do"...
Another way to look at it is, if you can get one with specs you like on things that are hard/expensive to modify (drivetrain, body colour, interior trim), you can compromise on small things that are easy to customise yourself:
- wheel colour? spray em, or go aftermarket for a unique look
- caliper colour? again, cheap and easy to paint whatever colour you like
- black pack? wrap with black PPF (which is actually superior to factory black pack IMO), badging and exhaust tips are available via dealer

BWS

Reaction score
Hi guys,

Thanks for your help.

Omar
Hello Omar,
No , I ordered my Emira V6 standard here in Canada about 4 weeks ago and the unless someone else chimes in otherwise the Camry V6 supercharged engineer is alive and kicking.
Thanks
Brett

Lotustoronto

Emira Addict
Reaction score
Emira Status
Emira on order
Hello Omar,
No , I ordered my Emira V6 standard here in Canada about 4 weeks ago and the unless someone else chimes in otherwise the Camry V6 supercharged engineer is alive and kicking.
Thanks
Brett
Welcome BWS - When did you originally place your first deposit? and Congrats!

WarriorHockey2266

Reaction score
Another way to look at it is, if you can get one with specs you like on things that are hard/expensive to modify (drivetrain, body colour, interior trim), you can compromise on small things that are easy to customise yourself:
- wheel colour? spray em, or go aftermarket for a unique look
- caliper colour? again, cheap and easy to paint whatever colour you like
- black pack? wrap with black PPF (which is actually superior to factory black pack IMO), badging and exhaust tips are available via dealer
Or have your wife curb the wheels then you have to get them fixed anyways… not that that has happened on every car.

• Haha
Reactions: ADC