V6 automatic opinions

JClem

Emira Fan
Reaction score
Emira Status
Emira Owner
I know some of you on here have the V6 auto and wanted your genuine opinions on it. Is the slower 0-60 on paper noticeable in real life? Is the gearbox slow to respond? Etc.

Robbierob

Emira Fan
Reaction score
Same here and another question: Are there any known problems related to the automatic version?

Last edited:

CDM1855

Emira Fiend
Reaction score
I find you have to be in track mode to get the car to really shift. In tour mode it doesn’t pick up speed very quickly, almost a bit laggy unless you are at the right revs when you push it

Mine is still being run in, so I haven’t really floored it, but I suspect it will hit 60 in about 4.5, it certainly feels quick enough when you’re driving it and given how it steers, I am not sure I would want it much quicker for the country road twisties.

JohnHoward

Emira Fanatic
Reaction score
Emira Status
Emira Owner
I drive mine in track mode all the time and use the paddles to change gears. If you leave it in full auto, it really holds the gears (in track) and for regular driving I think I probably change up earlier than the auto box would. Of course you have the option in manual mode to run it up to the limiter if you wish. I do find that I let the car change down (in normal driving) as even in manual mode it will change down as you slow down in traffic, at junctions etc. You still have the option to change down early with the paddles to get the auto blips and burbles from the exhaust.
Mine is fully run in and I was very surprised (pleasantly) by the sound and power above 4K revs. It really does go when you have the revs on. I had an Evora 410 Sport auto and the Emira feels equally quick. The 410 Sport was a much harder ride as it had the carbon seats and a stiffer suspension. I haven't noticed any difference between the auto gearboxes (apart from the controls - buttons versus gear shifter), but it is a couple of years since I had the Evora, so relying on memory (fading with age!).
I think when you overtake someone on a dual carriageway and look in your morror and it looks like they have suddenly selected reverse, your car has enough power!
There isn't a single time where I have driven the auto Emira and I wished it was a bit quicker!

Bilbao-Emira

Emira Maniac
Reaction score
Emira Status
Emira Owner
Ditto.
Same here.
4.500 kms, no issues with the Auto Gearbox.
I also come from Evora 410 Sport Auto trans. I do feel the Emira gearbox a little more smooth than the Evora, I think the software has improved the gear management, but it could be related to my specific unit of the Evora vs Emira.
I always drive either in Sport or Track mode, (used Tour mode twice, I think by mistake!) and 70/80% of the time in manual gear change through the paddles.
maybe it's not DCT lightning gear change, but for my personal taste, I actually prefer it, feels more like a real manual gear change, and if I compare it to my DB9 6 speed ZF Auto trans, Emira has faster shifts, but then the Aston is 2006 model.

action_turtle

Emira Fanatic
Reaction score
I am waiting for the final paperwork email, I hope next week! Then I can finally get the proper order in! For the Auto can you set it to always start in sport mode? Also, has anyone tracked one yet? Did the gearing feel right? Im ordering unseen really, as i could only test drive a manual.

CDM1855

Emira Fiend
Reaction score
I am waiting for the final paperwork email, I hope next week! Then I can finally get the proper order in! For the Auto can you set it to always start in sport mode? Also, has anyone tracked one yet? Did the gearing feel right? Im ordering unseen really, as i could only test drive a manual.
You can’t get it to start in sport or track unless you hold down the start button for about 5 seconds (foot off brake) , then suddenly the other modes appear. Initially it only shows Tour mode being available.

action_turtle

Emira Fanatic
Reaction score
You can’t get it to start in sport or track unless you hold down the start button for about 5 seconds (foot off brake) , then suddenly the other modes appear. Initially it only shows Tour mode being available.
Thanks for the info. Bit annoying but I guess it’s not the end of the world

Pugwash

Emira Fiend
Reaction score
Emira Status
Emira Owner
Don’t forget to mention that the radio is not loud enough!
Strangely I seem to be the only person in the world who thinks the little green light in the overhead console is too bright. Maybe no one else has driven theirs in the dark yet?

Hell4Leather

Emira Fiend
Reaction score
Thanks for the info. Bit annoying but I guess it’s not the end of the world
The Lotus rep said as much during my test drive. The car always starts in touring. Let’s just call it a quirk. Won’t ruin my day but will jab me for ~5 seconds every time I get in. Of course, need a car to get in to……just sayin’

Bod27

Emira Fan
Reaction score
Emira Status
Emira on order
Strangely I seem to be the only person in the world who thinks the little green light in the overhead console is too bright. Maybe no one else has driven theirs in the dark yet?
Yes agree about the green light, might just put a bit of tape on it, Its a pain not having the auto lights turned on.

OP
JClem

JClem

Emira Fan
Reaction score
Emira Status
Emira Owner
The Lotus rep said as much during my test drive. The car always starts in touring. Let’s just call it a quirk. Won’t ruin my day but will jab me for ~5 seconds every time I get in. Of course, need a car to get in to……just sayin’
This was the case in my C43. All hot Mercs were set to start on “Comfort”

Hell4Leather

Emira Fiend
Reaction score
First I’ve heard about the radio…..that will be an issue. Doesn’t Lotus know that the car can’t go fast if the radio isn’t loud as hell?

DJManc

Reaction score
This was the case in my C43. All hot Mercs were set to start on “Comfort”
In My C63s to start is sport mode with the exhaust valves open you could either switch on the ignition without firing the engine and select sport or race mode or alternatively pull both paddle shifters together and this would engage 'emotive start'. Used this all the time and it never failed to put a smile on my face and anyone close by, but then it was the nicest sounding V8 known to man!

OP
JClem

JClem

Emira Fan
Reaction score
Emira Status
Emira Owner
In My C63s to start is sport mode with the exhaust valves open you could either switch on the ignition without firing the engine and select sport or race mode or alternatively pull both paddle shifters together and this would engage 'emotive start'. Used this all the time and it never failed to put a smile on my face and anyone close by, but then it was the nicest sounding V8 known to man!
Yes I did enjoy the emotive start even in the V6!