UK deposit to order checkout to delivery process

Markc

Emira Fan
Reaction score
Hi. I hadn’t realised we had to confirm our choices for insurance products and paint protection in order to progress the order to the next stage. 👍🏼

OUI131

Reaction score
Hi. I hadn’t realised we had to confirm our choices for insurance products and paint protection in order to progress the order to the next stage. 👍🏼
I don’t think you have to, and customer service still insisting it’s a October delivery for me, and UK dealer cars being delivered ‘soon’, not that I want a test drive.

scoates

Emira Fan
Reaction score
Emira Status
Emira Owner
I was under the impression the email about insurance products etc was for information, and a further email is to be sent for the "check out" process and that's where we tell them what products we are going for, if home/dealer/factory delivery and if we are financing etc. Is that not correct? I wouldn't want to end up getting slightly delayed just because I didn't reply to that initial email!

OP
M

Markc

Emira Fan
Reaction score
I was under the impression the email about insurance products etc was for information, and a further email is to be sent for the "check out" process and that's where we tell them what products we are going for, if home/dealer/factory delivery and if we are financing etc. Is that not correct? I wouldn't want to end up getting slightly delayed just because I didn't reply to that initial email!
I’ve just asked the question and CS advised

I can confirm that finalising your Value Added Products will help progress your order further.

As soon as this is confirmed, we would be able to advise accordingly on the next steps. ‘

OUI131

Reaction score
I’ve just asked the question and CS advised

I can confirm that finalising your Value Added Products will help progress your order further.

As soon as this is confirmed, we would be able to advise accordingly on the next steps. ‘
Well the email re Protect your lotus, says the products will be offered in the checkout process, and says contact customer service if you have any questions about the products on offer, so I don’t see any need to confirm anything until checkout.

OP
M

Markc

Emira Fan
Reaction score
Well the email re Protect your lotus, says the products will be offered in the checkout process, and says contact customer service if you have any questions about the products on offer, so I don’t see any need to confirm anything until checkout.
Fair enough just sharing the info’ I was given

TomE

Staff member
Reaction score
Emira Status
Emira on order
The Protect/Enhance email is for info, to review before you have to make the decision. It appears if you don't respond to the email then a week later you get the Checkout email. Not sure if replying to the Protect/Enhance email shortens that.

OP
M

Markc

Emira Fan
Reaction score
For uk deposit holders. Am I correct in thinking that there is no ‘30day call’ and the checkout process is all done online? Anybody been through this process yet? eg added details of person registration transfer

Jimblob

Emira Fanatic
Reaction score
I think the sequence is that you receive the "New Vehicle Protection" email. With that email its just for info - you don't need to do anything and you don't need to reply to it, just read it...

Then you have to wait for the next email - which is the "Checkout" one. I think the gap between the emails is around 2 weeks based on a sample size of 1 - rs200evo - the only person we know that has received the checkout email.

The checkout email then gets you to lock in any finishing treatments, delivery location and finance options etc. Not sure about number plate, but imagine that's also covered here. It's also at this point that you legally confirm the order...

But what happens next? Lets wait and see.. maybe a 30 day wait... maybe less? Whatever happens, I'm sure it will happen soon.

OP
M

Markc

Emira Fan
Reaction score
I think the sequence is that you receive the "New Vehicle Protection" email. With that email its just for info - you don't need to do anything and you don't need to reply to it, just read it...

Then you have to wait for the next email - which is the "Checkout" one. I think the gap between the emails is around 2 weeks based on a sample size of 1 - rs200evo - the only person we know that has received the checkout email.

The checkout email then gets you to lock in any finishing treatments, delivery location and finance options etc. Not sure about number plate, but imagine that's also covered here. It's also at this point that you legally confirm the order...

But what happens next? Lets wait and see.. maybe a 30 day wait... maybe less? Whatever happens, I'm sure it will happen soon.
Brill thank you 👍🏼🤣

TomE

Staff member
Reaction score
Emira Status
Emira on order

That's pretty much in line with what I'd heard and worked out. I think you can reply to the Protection email but it doesn't make the Checkout email come any quicker. I also thought Checkout email came during the week after the Protection one, but most in the September Nine haven't had Checkout yet, after 7-10 days.

Registration number is covered as part of Checkout. The only things left after Checkout are for Lotus to confirm the delivery date and for the customer to pay the final balance. I think you get 7-10 days notice of that. I believe the Checkout email is at the point of 30 days before expected delivery date.

donskibeat

Emira Fanatic
Reaction score
Emira Status
Emira Owner
I assume the checkout email also covers the part exchange process?

TomE

Staff member
Reaction score
Emira Status
Emira on order
Yes it does. It's part of confirming how you're funding your Emira.

OP
M

Markc

Emira Fan
Reaction score
Brief update on the process

‘‘Once your vehicle is in production you will be invited via email to our checkout process. You will receive an encrypted link to be able to view your order. During the checkout process you will be guided through your final agreement, any PCP if you wish to apply, ID checks and great range of optional extras such as paint protection. You will also be offered delivery or collection options. Once this is completed and verified we will be in touch to arrange delivery of your Emira!

There is nothing for you to action at present, and we will keep you updated with the next steps to finalise your checkout. This will be your 30-day notification to complete the checkout process.’’

DJS

Emira Fiend
Reaction score
Checkout update from CS

Your checkout email will be sent once your vehicle reaches a certain point in production and we know when it will be finished. This will be close to the quality control stages towards the end of production.

Unfortunately, we have no way of seeing where abouts in production your Emira is, the factory does not share this information and we have to wait to get the go ahead from HQ to send out your checkout invitation.

Yachtie

Emira Fan
Reaction score
It seems from reading these posts that the checkout call still does not confirm the delivery date. Is everyting locked in after checkout including the 'extras' and payment method?. Additionally has there been any indication of when final payment will be needed before delivery?.

scoates

Emira Fan
Reaction score
Emira Status
Emira Owner
It seems from reading these posts that the checkout call still does not confirm the delivery date. Is everyting locked in after checkout including the 'extras' and payment method?. Additionally has there been any indication of when final payment will be needed before delivery?.

Checkout does not confirm delivery date, but does confirm the extras, payment method and delivery location. As far as I'm aware you might be able to change these things, but in the checkout page it says things like "If you want to make any changes please contact us" so it's not as straight forward as clicking back in and selecting a different box.

As far as I've been told once the registration and registration date has been assigned to the car then they can generate the final documents to sign, and I think at this stage the payment is taken but I don't think that's been confirmed by anyone yet. The original plan I think was to have this done a week or two before delivery but as we know timelines are shifting a bit with these first batches so I guess that could change.

emiraspain

Emira Addict
Reaction score
The call we are getting is not actually a "checkout" call at all, its a courtesy call in reality.

It will simply give you an estimation of your production / delivery month.

Another email/ call will follow when the car is 100% confirmed, later, and after you have decided finance or not etc.
The actual check out call will give you 3 date options for collection / delivery and you should be choosing one of these dates or risk the consequences. Dont forget, if you are away for all 3 dates, then you can simply get it delivered to a dealer and collect it at your leisure.