Tyre pressure monitoring reset?

jcyl

Reaction score
Is there a way of manually reset the pressure monitoring system after adjusting tyre pressure?

The user menu divert us to the tyre pressure monitoring page on the app menu but then I don’t see any options of manually resetting / recalibrating it.

Thanks

Porter

tap tap... is this thing on?
Reaction score
Emira Status
Emira Owner
Is there a way of manually reset the pressure monitoring system after adjusting tyre pressure?

The user menu divert us to the tyre pressure monitoring page on the app menu but then I don’t see any options of manually resetting / recalibrating it.

Thanks
Page 205 and 206 of the Owner Handbook. Seems that it auto-resets after a drive. There is also a calibration routine that can be triggered from the tire pressure App in the center display.

OP
jcyl

jcyl

Reaction score
Page 205 and 206 of the Owner Handbook. Seems that it auto-resets after a drive. There is also a calibration routine that can be triggered from the tire pressure App in the center display.
Thanks Porter,

Yes I have read the handbook. What I want to know if how do I trigger the calibration routine…. I don’t see such options on the tire pressure app in the centre displays.

Any pointers will help.

EFE

Reaction score
Thanks Porter,

Yes I have read the handbook. What I want to know if how do I trigger the calibration routine…. I don’t see such options on the tire pressure app in the centre displays.

Any pointers will help.
Did you get an answer or work out how to do this? I have checked the tyre pressures on a reliable manual gauge and they are a long way off what the car's display tells me. I would like to calibrate the car's system but can not see a way to do it and the manual /handbook is not helpful.

OP
jcyl

jcyl

Reaction score
Did you get an answer or work out how to do this? I have checked the tyre pressures on a reliable manual gauge and they are a long way off what the car's display tells me. I would like to calibrate the car's system but can not see a way to do it and the manual /handbook is not helpful.
Negative …. I don’t think there is a manual way if resetting it … I had no luck with it.

EFE

Reaction score
Negative …. I don’t think there is a manual way if resetting it … I had no luck with it.
Have you worked this one out yet? I would love to know if you have any answers

OP
jcyl

jcyl

Reaction score
Have you worked this one out yet? I would love to know if you have any answers
Unfortunately no …. I very often just keep the tyre monitor screen on. It regular updates it’s reading.

azlambo

Emira Fan
Reaction score
I have the same thing happening to me. There Is NO “routine” for re-setting or re-calibrating”. You are supposed to adjust the air pressure in the tires to the recommended settings, and drive………which I’ve been doing for miles on end. The light stays on! When I start the car, it DOES” blink for a while, then stays on, which means there is a “fault.” In the system!…..whatever the heck that means!
And no, I didn’t just change a tire or wheel. The car is brand new and has the stock wheels and tires. Any suggestions? Besides going to the dealer?

azlambo

Emira Fan
Reaction score
The “calibration routine” mentioned in the owner’s manual is: fill the tires with the recommended pressures, and drive. Hopefully the light will go out. Mine doesn’t!

danmessy

Reaction score
I have the same thing happening to me. There Is NO “routine” for re-setting or re-calibrating”. You are supposed to adjust the air pressure in the tires to the recommended settings, and drive………which I’ve been doing for miles on end. The light stays on! When I start the car, it DOES” blink for a while, then stays on, which means there is a “fault.” In the system!…..whatever the heck that means!
And no, I didn’t just change a tire or wheel. The car is brand new and has the stock wheels and tires. Any suggestions? Besides going to the dealer?
Short answer - dealer had to reset mine for calibration, then I drove it around for a few KMs so it could calibrate. For my issue though, this did not resolve anything the errors returned. I note that it always would say "Pressure Good" or whatever the sceen says, but the tyres on screen were red.

Long answer that eventually resolved by TMPS issues (for the brief description of issue, see my other post(s) in another thread regarding TMPS error / warning lights - perhaps try: https://www.emiraforum.com/threads/tpms-issue.3234/#post-110208 - 14 August 2023)

3 of 4 sensors needed replacing as after the calibration attempt mentioned above, the same issues / warnings arose (despite my tyre pressures being checked and fine).

Turns out, there was water (?!) inside of my actual tyres which ruined the sensors. Dealer showed me some pics of the moisture. 3 sensors were replaced (warranty), then the dealer did the calibration reset thingy for me and ensured all good (at least I think they triggered the calibration - though it may have been new sensors it just calibrates ). Either way, I watched them on my Scorpian Tracker doing a loop on the freeway to get things calibrated. Few days/weeks later, the 4th TMPS sensor started causing the same issue to arise , though dealer had gotten some in and given we knew the previous issue, it was resolved quickly by changing out the final 4th sensor.
No issues since then. That was probably 2000-3000km ago.

No idea how the water got in? Though speaking to a cousin of mine who works in marine mechanics said something along the lines that (and correct me if I am totally misunderstanding or misstating this) there are different types of air compressors, and some of which need water wastage emptied. Thus it may be the case that at the factory when they filled the tyres, someone had not emptied the waste and was causing water to get in - or something to that effect. Admittedly this was a guess at best.

That conversation I had was had probably 5 months months ago and i'm no mechanic so I may have got that message wrong, but at the time, it seemed like reasonable and potential explanation as to why there was water inside of the tyre well and on the rim which in turn was washing over the sensors. I am unsure if the issues you're facing are similar to mine but perhaps this information will help you.

Good luck mate!