Dragoon

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
Emira Status
Waiting to order
a new watch before the car arrives

View attachment 40446
Nicely done! Do you have a good relationship with your AD or did you pick it up from the grey market? I ask because I recently spoke to my AD about getting on the list for a SS Daytona, and he basically said it wouldn't happen. I'm a new customer so I realize I need more history with him first. I've only been a customer of his for about a year now and have only purchased one watch and some jewelry so far. Hopefully, over time, I can earn my way onto the list for an SS Daytona.

robrmon

Emira Fanatic
Reaction score
Emira Status
Emira on order
Nicely done! Do you have a good relationship with your AD or did you pick it up from the grey market? I ask because I recently spoke to my AD about getting on the list for a SS Daytona, and he basically said it wouldn't happen. I'm a new customer so I realize I need more history with him first. I've only been a customer of his for about a year now and have only purchased one watch and some jewelry so far. Hopefully, over time, I can earn my way onto the list for an SS Daytona.
Thank you! While I do know some ADs, I’m not spending that kind of money that would allow me to get a SS Daytona at msrp, especially living in and around NY which is a competitive market. I know guys that have spent over $100k and still aren’t getting “the call”. Some say $200k, others say more… I really don’t know and it depends from AD to AD.

This was a grey purchase from a local trusted jeweler. 2024 stamp. I traded something in that I had a little profit on + cash, and the prices came down to a level where I was comfortable buying. I’m not getting any younger, so I took the plunge…

Good luck with your search. What watch did you get in the end?

Dragoon

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
Emira Status
Waiting to order
Thank you! While I do know some ADs, I’m not spending that kind of money that would allow me to get a SS Daytona at msrp, especially living in and around NY which is a competitive market. I know guys that have spent over $100k and still aren’t getting “the call”. Some say $200k, others say more… I really don’t know and it depends from AD to AD.

This was a grey purchase from a local trusted jeweler. 2024 stamp. I traded something in that I had a little profit on + cash, and the prices came down to a level where I was comfortable buying. I’m not getting any younger, so I took the plunge…

Good luck with your search. What watch did you get in the end?
Going grey sounds like the smart way to go. Especially, since the watch market has softened.

I put my name down for an Air-King and a no date Submariner about 8 months ago. I got the call this week for the Air-King. I was looking for a nice travel watch that wasn't too flashy, could be dressed up or down, and tucked under the cuff nicely. Plus, I sort of like that it's quirky when it comes to Rolex watches. It's also not one you see on the wrist very often. Come to think of it, I don't think I've ever seen one in the wild.

IMG_0648.jpeg

robrmon

Emira Fanatic
Reaction score
Emira Status
Emira on order
Going grey sounds like the smart way to go. Especially, since the watch market has softened.

I put my name down for an Air-King and a no date Submariner about 8 months ago. I got the call this week for the Air-King. I was looking for a nice travel watch that wasn't too flashy, could be dressed up or down, and tucked under the cuff nicely. Plus, I sort of like that it's quirky when it comes to Rolex watches. It's also not one you see on the wrist very often. Come to think of it, I don't think I've ever seen one in the wild.

View attachment 40460
Love your new watch, wear it in good health. It’s very smart, and a bit stealthy. I’m definitely seeing signs of the market softening in this space, or rather loosening up… I’ve been offered a few precious metal pieces which aren’t really my thing. If you can find what you want grey and the pricing makes sense, I think it’s a good option.

Dragoon

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
Emira Status
Waiting to order
Love your new watch, wear it in good health. It’s very smart, and a bit stealthy. I’m definitely seeing signs of the market softening in this space, or rather loosening up… I’ve been offered a few precious metal pieces which aren’t really my thing. If you can find what you want grey and the pricing makes sense, I think it’s a good option.
Thank you! I'm fond of the yellow crown and the green accents. Come to think of it, I wonder how close these colors are to the Lotus green and yellow. I need to find a Lotus near me so that I can compare the two.

robrmon

Emira Fanatic
Reaction score
Emira Status
Emira on order
Thank you! I'm fond of the yellow crown and the green accents. Come to think of it, I wonder how close these colors are to the Lotus green and yellow. I need to find a Lotus near me so that I can compare the two.
In which case you might like this:

Emirahouston

Emira Fan
Reaction score
This is my rotation but I wish Lotus would partner with a good watch maker like Aston Martin did with JAEGER LECOULTRE or Bentley with breitling etc … so we could have a nice time piece that is lotus inspired.

2017-02-27 09.27.13.jpeg

IMG_3459.jpeg

IMG_0173.jpeg

IMG_6512.jpeg

Dragoon

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
Emira Status
Waiting to order
In which case you might like this:

I like their product description!

"There are two kinds of people in this world: the driver and the passenger.

Do you want to be the passenger your entire life, letting life drive by and run all over you?

Or are you to be the driver and steer through life’s problems?

Taking inspiration from the Belgian House of Speed Lotus, get in the driver’s seat with this Roads model.

With a classy design worthy of representing this iconic car, Gavox HOS Lotus is equipped with the specifications to outperform its pricetag."

Dragoon

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
Emira Status
Waiting to order

Emirahouston

Emira Fan
Reaction score
I like their product description!

"There are two kinds of people in this world: the driver and the passenger.

Do you want to be the passenger your entire life, letting life drive by and run all over you?

Or are you to be the driver and steer through life’s problems?

Taking inspiration from the Belgian House of Speed Lotus, get in the driver’s seat with this Roads model.

With a classy design worthy of representing this iconic car, Gavox HOS Lotus is equipped with the specifications to outperform its pricetag."
Even though I know green and yellow are of course the main Lotus colors, I was looking for something to match my car’s accents which is black Alcantara with red stitching and red calipers … the Aston Martin one from JLC is actually perfect and a beauty … but wrong car 😂😂

IMG_6523.jpeg

Emirahouston

Emira Fan
Reaction score
Nice rotation from a fellow Texan! 👊
Thanks! And I was actually born and raised in Paris but have been living in Texas for 24 years … so I guess that does make me a Texan now ! ( and yes I own a few pairs of cowboy boots and a cowboy hat 😂)

Dragoon

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
Emira Status
Waiting to order
Thanks! And I was actually born and raised in Paris but have been living in Texas for 24 years … so I guess that does make me a Texan now ! ( and yes I own a few pairs of cowboy boots and a cowboy hat 😂)
It sounds like you have adapted well! 🍻

virtualmacho

Supporting Member
Reaction score
Emira Status
Emira Owner
No news of interesting new titanium pieces from Geneve... I do like how the new GMT Master II looks, but know that it will be too heavy for me.

Dragoon

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
Emira Status
Waiting to order
I was hoping for a Coke GMTII from Rolex. Instead, we got one from Tudor. I do like the gilt and the vintage look. It's also about 1cm thinner than the beefy standard Black Bay 41 case, which could help it slide under the cuff more easily and make it less bulky.

Screenshot 2024-04-10 at 10.05.00 AM.png

virtualmacho

Supporting Member
Reaction score
Emira Status
Emira Owner
I was hoping for a Coke GMTII from Rolex. Instead, we got one from Tudor. I do like the gilt and the vintage look. It's also about 1cm thinner than the beefy standard Black Bay 41 case, which could help it slide under the cuff more easily and make it less bulky.
They do look vintage. I tend to prefer plain black/grey and silver over colorful coke/pepsi/kermit designs. Though I must admit, I went crazy on this one...
PXL_20240412_145227145.RAW-01.COVER.jpg