Hethel Yellow Lotus Emira Photo Thread

TomE

Staff member
Reaction score
Emira Status
Emira on order
Another render but as this is part of a Lotus collaboration it's probably pretty accurate

CSR2 Hethel Yellow.jpeg

donskibeat

Emira Fanatic
Reaction score
Emira Status
Emira Owner
Looks good, personally I am considering Hethel Yellow with black packs and would choose yellow brake callipers and the black alloys, would be good to see that mocked up

OP
TomE

TomE

Staff member
Reaction score
Emira Status
Emira on order
That’s my most likely spec too and I keep going back to the configurator

ED8CD427-5AE5-4F9A-8DD1-8D180CB387AE.jpeg

I’m not sure about black pack. I think the rear and rear three quarter view may look better without the full black pack but keep the black on the door undercut.

donskibeat

Emira Fanatic
Reaction score
Emira Status
Emira Owner
Thanks for that, personally prefer it with black roof, but like you I keep going back to the configurator, can't wait to get more details on pricing and options soon....

klho001

Emira Fan
Reaction score
I gotta admit was set on blue but these yellow pics hv me reconsidering. And somehow with yellow id go without Black roof And def want the tailpipes visible…

mr_joshua

Emira Fan
Reaction score
That’s my most likely spec too and I keep going back to the configurator

View attachment 363

I’m not sure about black pack. I think the rear and rear three quarter view may look better without the full black pack but keep the black on the door undercut.
Same configuration for me.. and I'm having an existential crisis about the black pack.. but leaning against it. I'm going to seriously consider PPF in general and could always wrap the top of the car black. If I don't really like living with it black on top.. off it goes.

Pav

Emira Fan
Reaction score
Credit to Mickle on The Lotus Forums, these are based off my photos of the physical colour samples at the dealer roadshow

Very nice. My config option since day 1. Think I’ll stick with it.

Sizona

Reaction score
Emira Status
Emira Owner
Hi All

Though time to have a hethel yellow photo thread, I have had three previous Evora's Red S, Silver GTE and Military Grey GT430 (all sold now) so wanted a bright colour for the Emira V6 FE I have on order. Actually wanted a bright green or chrome orange but the only bright colour is the yellow at present so it will be that..

Pics from the configurator, who is going for the yellow and what wheels, callipers and interior? I have at present chosen yellow callipers, alcantara yellow stich and diamond cut wheels. Last photo has the yellow callipers.

Also most importantly black pack or not!!? Driving myself mad on that question. I think black pack = no rear 3/4 privacy and no black pack + privacy glass.

Change my mind daily on the black pack...so indecisive, I think!

Attachments

• Screenshot 2021-10-09 at 16.35.39.png
    Screenshot 2021-10-09 at 16.35.39.png
    192.4 KB · Views: 5,092
  • Screenshot 2021-10-09 at 16.42.36.png
    Screenshot 2021-10-09 at 16.42.36.png
    210.9 KB · Views: 356
  • Screenshot 2021-10-09 at 16.31.32.png
    Screenshot 2021-10-09 at 16.31.32.png
    157.1 KB · Views: 401
  • Screenshot 2021-10-15 at 18.32.11.png
    Screenshot 2021-10-15 at 18.32.11.png
    107.6 KB · Views: 355
Last edited:

donskibeat

Emira Fanatic
Reaction score
Emira Status
Emira Owner
Hi All

Though time to have a hethel yellow photo thread, I have had three previous Evora's Red S, Silver GTE and Military Grey GT430 (all sold now) so wanted a bright colour for the Emira V6 FE I have on order. Actually wanted a bright green or chrome orange but the only bright colour is the yellow at present so it will be that..

Pics from the configurator, who is going for the yellow and what wheels, callipers and interior? I have at present chosen yellow callipers, alcantara yellow stich and diamond cut wheels. Last photo has the yellow callipers

Also most importantly black pack or not!!? Driving myself mad on that question. I think black pack = no rear 3/4 privacy and no black pack + privacy glass.

There is already a thread for hethel yellow with lots of photos and information - see here = https://www.emiraforum.com/threads/hethel-yellow-lotus-emira-photo-thread.184/

Gizmo750

Reaction score
Just keep in mind that the yellow calipers are a different yellow to the bodywork and again to the Lotus badge, so you would have three different yellows going on. For this reason I went for red calipers, but might change that to black.

Daz

Emira Fanatic
Reaction score
Hi All

Pics from the configurator, who is going for the yellow and what wheels, callipers and interior? I have at present chosen yellow callipers, alcantara yellow stich and diamond cut wheels. Last photo has the yellow callipers.

I would go with the black pack and the red callipers for a little contrast

OP
TomE

TomE

Staff member
Reaction score
Emira Status
Emira on order
Just keep in mind that the yellow calipers are a different yellow to the bodywork and again to the Lotus badge, so you would have three different yellows going on. For this reason I went for red calipers, but might change that to black.
And the yellow stitching is a fourth yellow!

I’m going for black pack, privacy glass, black gloss wheels, black calipers (which I may get painted Hethel Yellow later), alcantara with yellow stitch and alcantara steering wheel which I’ll get yellow stitch/TDC marker on afterwards. Still toying with going for diamond cut wheels and silver calipers as an alternative.

Speedluvver

Emira Fanatic
Reaction score
Emira Status
Emira Owner
Hi All

Look at the rear 3/4 view with black pack - looks a little odd to my eyes, hence going with yellow roof

Reactions: Pav

richbrown

Emira Fanatic
Reaction score
And the yellow stitching is a fourth yellow!

I’m going for black pack, privacy glass, black gloss wheels, black calipers (which I may get painted Hethel Yellow later), alcantara with yellow stitch and alcantara steering wheel which I’ll get yellow stitch/TDC marker on afterwards. Still toying with going for diamond cut wheels and silver calipers as an alternative.
I’ve just paid my stage 2 deposit and gone tan leather and leather wheel. What are the pros and cons of alcantara seats as I’ve not considered before. Also opted for manual until such time I’ve given an IPS a good test which is this friday 💥

Pav

Emira Fan
Reaction score
I’ve just paid my stage 2 deposit and gone tan leather and leather wheel. What are the pros and cons of alcantara seats as I’ve not considered before. Also opted for manual until such time I’ve given an IPS a good test which is this friday 💥
Leather = slippery when driving 'enthusiastically' and/or on track. That's the major difference I would say. Alcantara is also much warmer in winter if such things are a concern! Some say it can show wear a bit easier than leather but that's really down to usage and how it's looked after.

OP
TomE

TomE

Staff member
Reaction score
Emira Status
Emira on order
I've usually had leather seats in my Lotus cars and the family wagons. I got lots of time with the blue show car for a second time at the dealer roadshow and found the alcantara interior really grew on me. I've not had it on a car before so not best placed to comment on living with it but have done some research.

It has a softer and more organic texture and the matte surface reduces reflections. In theory you'll slide a bit more on a leather seat compared to alcantara but if the bolstering is right that shouldn't be too big an issue. Alcantara is less hot/cold to the touch in sunny/chilly weather because it's a microfibre surface.

The "alcantara" Emira interior is actually part leather/part alcantara and I think the alcantara sections make a great contrast. Some pictures in this post: https://www.emiraforum.com/threads/alcantara-or-leather.309/#post-3848

The interior looks more contemporary and technical. Being able to have the contrast stitching also adds some more visual interest. I'm going for a yellow and black scheme externally, so some highlights internally are good too. If you had a grey or tan interior then possibly not needed.

I hear the alcantara needs a bit more care and will wear in a different way to the leather (different rather than more). Mine is going to be a weekend car rather than daily driver so care and wear aren't big constraints for me. Alcantara on the steering wheel also needs care, particularly if your hands tend to be oily or sweaty, but with the right potions it is fine.

richbrown

Emira Fanatic
Reaction score
I've usually had leather seats in my Lotus cars and the family wagons. I got lots of time with the blue show car for a second time at the dealer roadshow and found the alcantara interior really grew on me. I've not had it on a car before so not best placed to comment on living with it but have done some research.

It has a softer and more organic texture and the matte surface reduces reflections. In theory you'll slide a bit more on a leather seat compared to alcantara but if the bolstering is right that shouldn't be too big an issue. Alcantara is less hot/cold to the touch in sunny/chilly weather because it's a microfibre surface.

The "alcantara" Emira interior is actually part leather/part alcantara and I think the alcantara sections make a great contrast. Some pictures in this post: https://www.emiraforum.com/threads/alcantara-or-leather.309/#post-3848

The interior looks more contemporary and technical. Being able to have the contrast stitching also adds some more visual interest. I'm going for a yellow and black scheme externally, so some highlights internally are good too. If you had a grey or tan interior then possibly not needed.

I hear the alcantara needs a bit more care and will wear in a different way to the leather (different rather than more). Mine is going to be a weekend car rather than daily driver so care and wear aren't big constraints for me. Alcantara on the steering wheel also needs care, particularly if your hands tend to be oily or sweaty, but with the right potions it is fine.
Thanks both for this. Now I’ve seen the alcantara seat pictures they do look good.