Hethel Yellow Lotus Emira Photo Thread

Pav

Emira Fan
Reaction score
For me the Carfection video confirmed I'm still very happy with my yellow order. I also got to see it at Goodwood , although at first glance I wasn't completely blown away it was a bit more 'mustardy' than I think I expected. The more I went back to the Lotus stand the more I liked it, it's kind of an 'interesting yellow' if that makes any sense. I don't think you'll be disappointed/swayed if you see it next to the blue - definitely a personal thing though.

AGP

Emira Fan
Reaction score
Thanks for sharing your thoughts and your feelings when you physically saw it. I'm sure I will like it when I see it🤞

digilotus

Staff member
Reaction score
Emira Status
Emira Owner
Schmee ordered a Hethel Yellow with Silver wheels and black pack. That might look very interesting actually!

Has anyone seen the forged silver wheels on a recent car yet? The Matt Windle ‘delivery delay’ video had the first glimpse of them on Nimbus but other than that they have been elusive.

Last edited:
OP
TomE

TomE

Staff member
Reaction score
Emira Status
Emira on order
Right from the announcement of the colours, I had Hethel yellow as my first choice along with the Black packs, & Black gloss alloys and this stayed the same until some of the press car pictures came out around about April time. One of the photos below photos rocked my thoughts on the yellow and I was planning on changing to my 2nd choice of Blue which is lovely and at least I have seen it in real life at the shows. I hadn't changed my order at this time because I have ordered the I4, so I'm awaiting to se a yellow car in the flesh hopefully before I decide, but I had given up on the Yellow.
That was until I watched the Carfection video last night and fell back in love with hethel Yellow.
It's so difficult to judge without seeing it in the flesh due to the light changes etc.
Anybody else had similar thoughts?

This is not a Lotus defined issue, I have had the same issue choosing my daily from the website colours.
When I visited the dealers to see the various colours on the cars, I chose a completely different colour to what I had intended from the online configurator.
Colours are so hard to choose from website configurators and to be fair, Lotus has tried their best and are leagues above others. View attachment 7728
I've been Hethel Yellow since very early in the process - as soon as they announced the 6 FE colours and Lotus confirmed I had no chance of getting a bespoke colour or more choices (even the +7 ones) for an FE.

Colour choice is such a personal thing. I've had multiple Lotus cars and always wanted a "traditional" Lotus yellow for one of them, but have always bought ex-demo, nearly new or used and never found a yellow one that met my spec and condition requirements. Now that I'm buying my first brand new one, yellow is the one.

I've seen all the colours in person (including some of the Base Edition and non-production colours) at the factory in January and Goodwood in June. All the colours look great in their own way but have different characters - there are a couple of threads attempting to explain them in descriptive terms and as personalities.

I like that Hethel Yellow has a mustard tone to it. That's like previous Lotus yellows and has a Norfolk (Colman's Mustard) connection. That also makes it warmer, friendlier and less bright than a citrus yellow. Ask current owners of mustard yellow Lotus cars and they'll tell you it gets a lot of attention and almost all positive, because of the "friendly" tone. Initially I was disappointed it's a solid colour not a metallic, but seeing it multiple times in real life (and comparing to previous Lotus metallic yellows) I'm very happy with HY.

Seneca Blue is also a great colour. I worry that it'll be the most common Emira colour, as it was on the show car used for the launch and many dealer tours, so a lot of people have chosen it having seen it in real life. The metallic in it is quite fine-grained and only visible from 6-10 feet away. In some lighting and from a distance it can appear almost like a solid colour.

AGP

Emira Fan
Reaction score
I've been Hethel Yellow since very early in the process - as soon as they announced the 6 FE colours and Lotus confirmed I had no chance of getting a bespoke colour or more choices (even the +7 ones) for an FE.

Colour choice is such a personal thing. I've had multiple Lotus cars and always wanted a "traditional" Lotus yellow for one of them, but have always bought ex-demo, nearly new or used and never found a yellow one that met my spec and condition requirements. Now that I'm buying my first brand new one, yellow is the one.

I've seen all the colours in person (including some of the Base Edition and non-production colours) at the factory in January and Goodwood in June. All the colours look great in their own way but have different characters - there are a couple of threads attempting to explain them in descriptive terms and as personalities.

I like that Hethel Yellow has a mustard tone to it. That's like previous Lotus yellows and has a Norfolk (Colman's Mustard) connection. That also makes it warmer, friendlier and less bright than a citrus yellow. Ask current owners of mustard yellow Lotus cars and they'll tell you it gets a lot of attention and almost all positive, because of the "friendly" tone. Initially I was disappointed it's a solid colour not a metallic, but seeing it multiple times in real life (and comparing to previous Lotus metallic yellows) I'm very happy with HY.

Seneca Blue is also a great colour. I worry that it'll be the most common Emira colour, as it was on the show car used for the launch and many dealer tours, so a lot of people have chosen it having seen it in real life. The metallic in it is quite fine-grained and only visible from 6-10 feet away. In some lighting and from a distance it can appear almost like a solid colour.
Colour is so personal as you say Tom, I've loved the Elise S1 and S2 in yellow along with the Solar Yellow in the evora's, so I don't think I'll be disappointed. Hope to see some in the flesh soon, wether that's a dealer car or the first customer cars🤞

Cachaco131

Emira Maniac
Reaction score
Emira Status
Waiting to order

The mustard aspect is what I especially like. When looking at speed yellow and other citrusy ones I feel they are too highlighter for me.

Bilbao-Emira

Emira Maniac
Reaction score
Emira Status
Emira Owner
Right from the announcement of the colours, I had Hethel yellow as my first choice along with the Black packs, & Black gloss alloys and this stayed the same until some of the press car pictures came out around about April time. One of the photos below photos rocked my thoughts on the yellow and I was planning on changing to my 2nd choice of Blue which is lovely and at least I have seen it in real life at the shows. I hadn't changed my order at this time because I have ordered the I4, so I'm awaiting to se a yellow car in the flesh hopefully before I decide, but I had given up on the Yellow.
That was until I watched the Carfection video last night and fell back in love with hethel Yellow.
It's so difficult to judge without seeing it in the flesh due to the light changes etc.
Anybody else had similar thoughts?

This is not a Lotus defined issue, I have had the same issue choosing my daily from the website colours.
When I visited the dealers to see the various colours on the cars, I chose a completely different colour to what I had intended from the online configurator.
Colours are so hard to choose from website configurators and to be fair, Lotus has tried their best and are leagues above others. SView attachment 7728
Just saw the yellow preproduction with Spanish test plates in Tarragona, Spain. It was the same posted two months ago, still roaming around here, I hope that doesn't mean the hay haven't finalized yet the homologation.
When I heard it I thought somebody had stolen my Evora.
unfortunately I was not quick enough to even take a picture, but the sound was great, and to the point of the color, on a very sunny day it did look real mustard, different from traditional yellow, STUNNING!
Congrats yellow choosers!

Nimbus is faster though 😜

ksegg

Emira Fanatic
Reaction score
Just saw the yellow preproduction with Spanish test plates in Tarragona, Spain. It was the same posted two months ago, still roaming around here, I hope that doesn't mean the hay haven't finalized yet the homologation.
When I heard it I thought somebody had stolen my Evora.
unfortunately I was not quick enough to even take a picture, but the sound was great, and to the point of the color, on a very sunny day it did look real mustard, different from traditional yellow, STUNNING!
Congrats yellow choosers!

Nimbus is faster though 😜
Yellow choosers?!

No sir, we are HETHEL YELLOW!? connoisseurs; just as you, my friend, are a NIMBUS!? connoisseur.

eriegz

Emira Maniac
Reaction score
Emira Status
Emira on order
No black pack. No front plate. No problems. 😎

hethel-yellow-UBP-roof-fix.jpg

Last edited:

EspritGuy

Emira Addict
Reaction score
Emira Status
Emira Owner
Bugs also really like yellow cars. Not the kind that get squashed while driving, but the ones that like to chill and walk around your car for no reason.
That includes the Volkswagen Beetle.