Hethel Yellow Lotus Emira Photo Thread

OP
TomE

TomE

Staff member
Reaction score
Emira Status
Emira on order
A few pics from Goodwood today in the afternoon sun (mostly), shows again how much difference shade and sunshine makes. Looked great..

Good to meet you @TomE
Great to meet and chat, hope you and the family enjoyed the rest of the day. Those performance EVs in the timed shootout 😯

scarzie

Emira Fan
Reaction score
Is there an "IND" equivalent to Lotus parts, where quality and fitment is a safe bet?

I've used IND quite a bit for my M2 Competition, and love that a lot of their mods are sourced from OEM parts.
IND is getting a FE V6 - they posted a story on insta from one of the US tour dates at one of the dealers, asked them what the deal was and they said they're getting one and will be developing parts for it.

kitkat

Emira Addict
Reaction score
Emira Status
Emira on order
IND is getting a FE V6 - they posted a story on insta from one of the US tour dates at one of the dealers, asked them what the deal was and they said they're getting one and will be developing parts for it.
That'a fantastic!

JimH

Emira Fiend
Reaction score
Emira Status
Emira Owner
The Hethel Yellow car (the same one as at Goodwood, I believe - LHD V6 manual) at the Royal Norfolk Show today to support the launch of the new Norwich City 2022/23 kit - main kit sponsorship has been renewed for another year....
IMG_7471.JPG
BHXV1494.JPG

OP
TomE

TomE

Staff member
Reaction score
Emira Status
Emira on order
Fab, and yes the same car as Goodwood.

I really like what NCFC did to use the kit launch to highlight mental health and suicide prevention.

vdr

Emira Fan
Reaction score
Fab, and yes the same car as Goodwood.

I really like what NCFC did to use the kit launch to highlight mental health and suicide prevention.

The more I see this car in HY the more I like it and I’m not a yellow-car guy. This is just flat out gorgeous and has me re-thinking my original spec which likely would have been DV if I, in fact, did have the good fortune to get called for a First Edition. I didn’t…. So there’s that.

Dlirium

Reaction score
Here are all my Hethel Yellow pictures from yesterday. Enjoy!

💛

View attachment 6845

View attachment 6844

View attachment 6846

View attachment 6841

View attachment 6842

View attachment 6843

And with some sort of reddish sideshow ;)

View attachment 6847

That slim line of yellow looking out of the windscreen to those two peaks of yellow over the wheels

View attachment 6851

And the view looking back

View attachment 6848
I don't like your camera's Yellow :-( Most pictures I've seen show it deeper, less pale. Would you agree with this assessment, or do you feel these are representative?

JimH

Emira Fiend
Reaction score
Emira Status
Emira Owner
I don't like your camera's Yellow :-( Most pictures I've seen show it deeper, less pale. Would you agree with this assessment, or do you feel these are representative?
I’m happy that mine at the Royal Norfolk Show above are accurate, and they don’t look far off from Tom’s to my eyes / screen either…..

Last edited:
OP
TomE

TomE

Staff member
Reaction score
Emira Status
Emira on order
I think mine are pretty accurate to the scene on the day - the car was partly under a show canopy and the sky was bright but cloudy. I think JimH's are realistic too.

Have you got an example of a picture where you think it looks darker?

Here are the Lotus Cars pictures from Goodwood for comparison:

LOTUS-GOODWOOD-FOS-22-c-JORDAN-BUTTERS-00017.jpg

LOTUS-GOODWOOD-FOS-22-c-JORDAN-BUTTERS-00037.jpg

LOTUS-GOODWOOD-FOS-22-c-JORDAN-BUTTERS-03973.jpg

LOTUS-GOODWOOD-FOS-22-c-JORDAN-BUTTERS-03982.jpg

LOTUS-GOODWOOD-FOS-22-c-JORDAN-BUTTERS-0852.jpg

LOTUS-GOODWOOD-FOS-22-c-JORDAN-BUTTERS-09075.jpg

LOTUS-GOODWOOD-FOS-22-c-JORDAN-BUTTERS-5277.jpg

LOTUS-GOODWOOD-FOS-22-c-JORDAN-BUTTERS-2-2.jpg

EM33RA

Emira Fan
Reaction score
I think mine are pretty accurate to the scene on the day - the car was partly under a show canopy and the sky was bright but cloudy. I think JimH's are realistic too.

Have you got an example of a picture where you think it looks darker?

Here are the Lotus Cars pictures from Goodwood for comparison:

View attachment 7146

View attachment 7147

View attachment 7149

View attachment 7150

View attachment 7148

View attachment 7152

View attachment 7151

View attachment 7145
Stunning colour but I’m not a fan of the black pack at all. It makes the car look disjointed and stubbie in my opinion.

Last edited:

JimH

Emira Fiend
Reaction score
Emira Status
Emira Owner
I believe that's me in the passenger seat - Friday late afternoon run up the hill. Nearly got caught by Ben Collins (original black-suited Stig) and Schmeeee in the 1111hp Lucid Air behind.....

OP
TomE

TomE

Staff member
Reaction score
Emira Status
Emira on order
European press reviews on 25 July

LotusRising

Reaction score
I'm actually pretty OCD and nit-picky, but some of the stuff on here is ridiculous, even for me.

I learned a long, long time ago - there's no such thing as a perfect car.

I've ridden in a Ferrari F40 once, (my childhood dream car), and the inside has exposed glue bits and misaligned panels. On the outside, there are tons of panel gaps everywhere. Do I care? Not really. Because it's a freaking F40.

I think what people want and expect these days are Lexus level build quality on all new performance cars, but with the specific performance, handling, and looks of exotic brands.

That's a tall order.
Oh so a Porsche…….oh wait you said looks. Nevermind.

AGP

Emira Fan
Reaction score
Right from the announcement of the colours, I had Hethel yellow as my first choice along with the Black packs, & Black gloss alloys and this stayed the same until some of the press car pictures came out around about April time. One of the photos below photos rocked my thoughts on the yellow and I was planning on changing to my 2nd choice of Blue which is lovely and at least I have seen it in real life at the shows. I hadn't changed my order at this time because I have ordered the I4, so I'm awaiting to se a yellow car in the flesh hopefully before I decide, but I had given up on the Yellow.
That was until I watched the Carfection video last night and fell back in love with hethel Yellow.
It's so difficult to judge without seeing it in the flesh due to the light changes etc.
Anybody else had similar thoughts?

This is not a Lotus defined issue, I have had the same issue choosing my daily from the website colours.
When I visited the dealers to see the various colours on the cars, I chose a completely different colour to what I had intended from the online configurator.
Colours are so hard to choose from website configurators and to be fair, Lotus has tried their best and are leagues above others.
1658833649263.png

Aerie Performance Lotus Emira Carbon Fiber Parts GregsRaceParts.com

Latest posts