Hethel Yellow Lotus Emira Photo Thread

OP
TomE

TomE

Staff member
Reaction score
Emira Status
Emira on order
Enjoy! Business, pleasure or both? El Retiro Park is a lovely place to while away a few hours, enjoying the gardens or reading in the sunshine.

I painted this picture of my (much!) better half at the semi-circular colonnade there a few years ago.

View attachment 5435
Business and a very short 22 hour visit. Arrived midnight on Wed, left 10pm on Thu. Sadly most of what I saw was the airport, roads, hotel and an office. I did manage to fit in a nice al fresco lunch with my clients. My colleague squeezed in seeing a Flamenco show between work and the flight back! I need to stay for longer next time.

Great painting, really impressive.

eclat2emira

Emira Maniac
Reaction score
Business and a very short 22 hour visit. Arrived midnight on Wed, left 10pm on Thu. Sadly most of what I saw was the airport, roads, hotel and an office. I did manage to fit in a nice al fresco lunch with my clients. My colleague squeezed in seeing a Flamenco show between work and the flight back! I need to stay for longer next time.

Great painting, really impressive.
That's a shame Tom - it's a lovely city, can give you some tips for next time. A few years ago we did 3 days in Barcelona then got the high speed train to Madrid for another 3 days - 3 hours centre-to-centre at an indecent speed across central Spain, great way to travel.

You'll be looking forward to the weekend - that kind of itinerary is hard work!

OP
TomE

TomE

Staff member
Reaction score
Emira Status
Emira on order
I'm off to Houston mid next week for 10 days, also for work. It's good to be back travelling to see non-UK customers again after a two year gap but I've got out of some of the routines.

Cutting42

Emira Fanatic
Reaction score
I'm off to Houston mid next week for 10 days, also for work. It's good to be back travelling to see non-UK customers again after a two year gap but I've got out of some of the routines.

Hey, I will be not so far from you. Flying over to the US on the 22nd and will be in Fort Worth then New Orleans for a week and then up to Indy for the 500

eclat2emira

Emira Maniac
Reaction score
I was concerned about HY being the only non-metallic until I saw a fully painted car at the factory in January. It looks stunning and I’m very happy I’ve chosen it.

I’ve seen previous Lotus with flat and metallic yellow. It’s very difficult to tell them apart unless you’re right up close. Which of these cars is metallic and which is flat?

View attachment 5273
Pic: Speedluvver
Playing the odds I'd say the later car, the exige, is metallic but the reality is I can't tell.

eclat2emira

Emira Maniac
Reaction score
This is SO beautifully done. You have the knack for putting just the right amount of detail where it needs to be; the weathering on the steps, the fabric folds in her dress, the sculpted images in the limestone, and the lights/shadows of the railing above them. It creates a very warm, inviting image that you want to just look at and think about, without it being unnecessarily photo-realistic.

You could easily do travel posters in the great style of the 1930's, and they would be every bit as good as any of the famous artists of the time. That might even be an idea; 'Around The World in An Emira' . Instead of featuring airplanes or ships as those travel posters so often did, feature an Emira. This could be used as a PR campaign to show how the new Lotus is aspiring to be a global brand. Even if Lotus didn't use it, they would still make a great set of paintings/posters for garage wall art. An Emira in London, an Emira at the Eiffel Tower, an Emira at the Brandenburg Gate, an Emira in Rome, an Emira in China, etc. Soooo many iconic image possibilities there.
Thanks @Eagle7 - those travel posters are one of my favourite commercial art forms, just so stylish and evocative - and optimistic, which I love.

The idea for Emiras shot or painted in iconic global locations is a great one - gets the message that Lotus is now a truly global player across in a visual and, therefore, very immediate way not bounded by language.

I hope they are paying attention!

Eagle7

Emira Aficionado
Reaction score
Thanks @Eagle7 - those travel posters are one of my favourite commercial art forms, just so stylish and evocative - and optimistic, which I love.

The idea for Emiras shot or painted in iconic global locations is a great one - gets the message that Lotus is now a truly global player across in a visual and, therefore, very immediate way not bounded by language.

I hope they are paying attention!
Yes, it would be something that NOBODY is doing, and therefore would stand out much more than another of the current, typical trendy style advertising campaigns. It's the kind of thing that if these posters were in dealers, customers would want to buy the posters. I'd want a full set.

OP
TomE

TomE

Staff member
Reaction score
Emira Status
Emira on order
I think the posters are a great idea and would stand out from the current style of adverts. Rather than city landmarks I think it would be great to do "for the drivers" landmarks and landscapes, in a "look where your Emira can take you" style.

Passo di Stelvio, Bixby Creek Bridge (as used for the early advert and current configurator), Great Ocean Road, Amalfi Coast etc.

I'd sign up to buy a set if you did them.

Eagle7

Emira Aficionado
Reaction score
This style easily lends itself to overlays combining modes of travel with locations, landmarks, etc. I'd even go so far as to put the year, for example FIRST EDITION 2023. You could start a series that changes with each year. With @eclat2emira 's artistic skill, these would be gorgeous and something Lotus would want hanging in their reception area/lobby. Dealers would want them in their showroom areas.

British+Aviation+Posters,+ca.+1920s-1930s+(14)-189211884.jpeg

germany.jpg

World's Fair 1933.jpeg

London Travel 1930's.jpeg

PanAm Travel 1930's.jpeg

GetawayDriving

Emira Fiend
Reaction score
I think the posters are a great idea and would stand out from the current style of adverts. Rather than city landmarks I think it would be great to do "for the drivers" landmarks and landscapes, in a "look where your Emira can take you" style.

Passo di Stelvio, Bixby Creek Bridge (as used for the early advert and current configurator), Great Ocean Road, Amalfi Coast etc.

So I've made my travels known in another thread, and have been cooking up a little idea similar to this.

My Jeep has an app that gives a "badge of honor" for checking in at legendary off-road trails like Rubicon or Moab White Rim trail. There's a bunch of them. Once you check in, you qualify for a badge that they'll mail you that you can stick on the Jeep.

There should absolutely be something similar for driving roads. I've been working on some concepts.

Biggest problem is I'm also working on 2 other companies and launching a 3rd so it's been more of a decompress creative exercise to date.

eclat2emira

Emira Maniac
Reaction score
Yes, it would be something that NOBODY is doing, and therefore would stand out much more than another of the current, typical trendy style advertising campaigns. It's the kind of thing that if these posters were in dealers, customers would want to buy the posters. I'd want a full set.
I think they be pretty iconic @Eagle7 and emphasize the fact that a car can be beautiful, fast and exotic but in the end it is all about where it takes you (literally or otherwise...)

eclat2emira

Emira Maniac
Reaction score

I think we could even sneak the NC500 in there Tom! I like the idea of "must drive" road or locations.
Spookily, I already have this in my collection...

20220514_092827.jpg