Hethel Yellow Lotus Emira Photo Thread

Speedluvver

Emira Fanatic
Reaction score
Emira Status
Emira Owner
I am no designer but I think HY with black alcantara w/ yellow stitching goes well together. Wonder why Lotus' designers say that spec is "Not Recommended".

What do you guys think?

View attachment 5252
maybe a slightly different yellow ? I am still going for that combination as I have yellow stitch in my Exige (saffron yellow) which goes really well

OP
TomE

TomE

Staff member
Reaction score
Emira Status
Emira on order
I am no designer but I think HY with black alcantara w/ yellow stitching goes well together. Wonder why Lotus' designers say that spec is "Not Recommended".

What do you guys think?

View attachment 5252
The Lotus design advice is to use a contrast colour for the stitching (and calipers) and not to try and match the body colour. But go with what you like.

Cachaco131

Emira Maniac
Reaction score
Emira Status
Waiting to order
The Lotus design advice is to use a contrast colour for the stitching (and calipers) and not to try and match the body colour. But go with what you like.
Tan is also not recommended, curious why.

silent cilantro

Emira Fanatic
Reaction score
Emira Status
Emira Owner
my spec from day 1 has been HY w/ black pack, silver calipers, black wheels, black alcantara w/ yellow stitching interior.

Now I am thinking I should do gray stitching instead to match the calipers but then the cabin is gonna be boring. Decisions decisions..

On second thought, there is enough silver in the cabin to tie in with the calipers.

Attachments

• Screen Shot 2022-05-06 at 4.40.35 PM.png
    Screen Shot 2022-05-06 at 4.40.35 PM.png
    295.3 KB · Views: 47
  • Screen Shot 2022-05-06 at 4.38.12 PM.png
    Screen Shot 2022-05-06 at 4.38.12 PM.png
    290.6 KB · Views: 47
Last edited:

EmiraMike

Emira Fan
Reaction score
I really wanted Hethel yellow to work with the tan interior, but on seeing a tan leather seat right next to a HY car yesterday on the factory floor it was sadly not to be. There isn’t enough of a contrast so it looked a bit too insipid for me. Individually, the tan looks & feels great & the HY is a really nice colour - gutted they didn’t work together for me but I’m more than happy with the DV & tan combo.

Balboa

Emira Fanatic
Reaction score
I really wanted Hethel yellow to work with the tan interior, but on seeing a tan leather seat right next to a HY car yesterday on the factory floor it was sadly not to be. There isn’t enough of a contrast so it looked a bit too insipid for me. Individually, the tan looks & feels great & the HY is a really nice colour - gutted they didn’t work together for me but I’m more than happy with the DV & tan combo.
Im probably not going HY but this pic REALLY looked amazing. Are any of you HY folks the least bit concerned that HY is the only color without any metallic flake? Not that i can discern metallic on ANY of the color pics ive seen - but the comments of those who have seen the colors in person just RAVE about the depth and soul of the metallic colors. Much as i love this pic it makes me a little paranoid that I may be missing out on something special that is only discernable when you see both in person. Can anyone who HAS seen HY next to a 'flake' car in person lend any insight?

Attachments

• Screenshot_20220428-110706_Gallery.jpg
    Screenshot_20220428-110706_Gallery.jpg
    172.8 KB · Views: 115

Cachaco131

Emira Maniac
Reaction score
Emira Status
Waiting to order
Im probably not going HY but this pic REALLY looked amazing. Are any of you HY folks the least bit concerned that HY is the only color without any metallic flake? Not that i can discern metallic on ANY of the color pics ive seen - but the comments of those who have seen the colors in person just RAVE about the depth and soul of the metallic colors. Much as i love this pic it makes me a little paranoid that I may be missing out on something special that is only discernable when you see both in person. Can anyone who HAS seen HY next to a 'flake' car in person lend any insight?
I think I've had enough metallics that flat paints are quite attractive to me. There is something about the simplicity of a color that looks the same regardless of daylight and angle of viewing. I'm biased.

Attachments

• D18D7208-885E-4006-8D3E-8C8BFC46C13F.jpeg
    D18D7208-885E-4006-8D3E-8C8BFC46C13F.jpeg
    625.5 KB · Views: 47

jamesbxxx

Emira Fanatic
Reaction score
Emira Status
Emira Owner
The yellow paint looks great next to all the others. Black/no black, silver/black/DC alloys all work. Interior red and tan are the only 2 I’d avoid. I think it’s probably the most striking FE colour and you’ll get plenty of thumbs up!

Pav

Emira Fan
Reaction score
I was a bit worried about yellow not being interesting enough, particularly after seeing a gorgeous metallic yellow Exige. After I did the factory tour and saw all the colours I was happy. The simplicity works for me possibly because I've always hankered after a yellow Elise S1 and the flat colour is a bit more race car whereas metallic, whilst gorgeous in their own right, are a bit more 'grown up' GT car. My toy James Bond Esprit was/is flat white too and if you put a pearl white GR Yaris next to a flat white one, the pearl doesn't seem to feel quite right.

I do think the FE metallics probably give the Emira a slightly more premium/valuable feel to most people, more Aston Martin brand values type of thing. But the yellow is fun and part of the thing that's always made we want a Lotus is the purity of purpose, maybe talking about colour in this way is a bit over the top but it works for me. Yes the yellow is a bit 'look at me' and as has been said before, colour perception is all very personal and subjective. But I am very happy with the choice.

OP
TomE

TomE

Staff member
Reaction score
Emira Status
Emira on order
I was concerned about HY being the only non-metallic until I saw a fully painted car at the factory in January. It looks stunning and I’m very happy I’ve chosen it.

I’ve seen previous Lotus with flat and metallic yellow. It’s very difficult to tell them apart unless you’re right up close. Which of these cars is metallic and which is flat?

89AC2764-E7AF-4674-9F5F-6ABB000C25C1.jpeg

Pic: Speedluvver

AndyHB

Reaction score
Like as number of others I committed to HY and tan only to see that colour chart pop up on various sites. It’s the only doubt I have about my Emira purchase so I’m definitely hoping there’s enough guts in the tan to hold up under the Aussie sun! 🤞

eclat2emira

Emira Maniac
Reaction score
As @TomE said it's all personal pref, personally I would never pair yellow and tan.

They are similar in colour value in terms of where they sit in the light versus dark spectrum, so you lose some contrast, also, where they sit relative to each other on the colour wheel means they neither contrast nor complement - that's the science part!

Eagle7

Emira Aficionado
Reaction score
Enjoy! Business, pleasure or both? El Retiro Park is a lovely place to while away a few hours, enjoying the gardens or reading in the sunshine.

I painted this picture of my (much!) better half at the semi-circular colonnade there a few years ago.

View attachment 5435
This is SO beautifully done. You have the knack for putting just the right amount of detail where it needs to be; the weathering on the steps, the fabric folds in her dress, the sculpted images in the limestone, and the lights/shadows of the railing above them. It creates a very warm, inviting image that you want to just look at and think about, without it being unnecessarily photo-realistic.

You could easily do travel posters in the great style of the 1930's, and they would be every bit as good as any of the famous artists of the time. That might even be an idea; 'Around The World in An Emira' . Instead of featuring airplanes or ships as those travel posters so often did, feature an Emira. This could be used as a PR campaign to show how the new Lotus is aspiring to be a global brand. Even if Lotus didn't use it, they would still make a great set of paintings/posters for garage wall art. An Emira in London, an Emira at the Eiffel Tower, an Emira at the Brandenburg Gate, an Emira in Rome, an Emira in China, etc. Soooo many iconic image possibilities there.