Hethel Yellow Lotus Emira Photo Thread

Eagle7

Emira Aficionado
Reaction score
I hear what you're saying. For me personally, I would never go for the upper black pack on the Emira. The car is far too beautiful to hide any of its curves and shapes. 😎

You know, on that note it's funny; after it was unveiled last summer, the number one comment everyone made about the Emira was that it offered "supercar looks for sports car price". And yet, that didn't stop many fans around the world from complaining about how it didn't look enough like a supercar for sports car price! 😄 I guess you just can't win...

Anyways, if you're worried about the car looking too tall, Top Gear even did a little experiment to test the road presence of the Emira sitting next to one of the lowest vehicles on the road — the Lamborghini Huracan. Judge for yourself, but I don't think you'll be disappointed!

View attachment 4986View attachment 4988View attachment 4989
View attachment 4990
Looks like the Emira is going to have a better driver's view out over the hood than the Lambo does. For The Drivers!

Lankan

Emira Fanatic
Reaction score
I hear what you're saying. For me personally, I would never go for the upper black pack on the Emira. The car is far too beautiful to hide any of its curves and shapes. 😎

You know, on that note it's funny; after it was unveiled last summer, the number one comment everyone made about the Emira was that it offered "supercar looks for sports car price". And yet, that didn't stop many fans around the world from complaining about how it didn't look enough like a supercar for sports car price! 😄 I guess you just can't win...

Anyways, if you're worried about the car looking too tall, Top Gear even did a little experiment to test the road presence of the Emira sitting next to one of the lowest vehicles on the road — the Lamborghini Huracan. Judge for yourself, but I don't think you'll be disappointed!

View attachment 4986View attachment 4988View attachment 4989
View attachment 4990
Agree, and this is the reason I have not picked Black Pack, but have the option of getting it done when the PPF is done on delivery. The dealer will be getting a HY as their demo car with Black Pack so will be able to compare the two HY Emiras side-by-side and then decide.

Definitely will be getting the LOTUS badge finished in black. I am also undecided on the tailpipes (black vs silver), which I will leave until I see the two finishes in person.

Last edited:

Balboa

Emira Fanatic
Reaction score
Had my first viewing of the (Seneca Blue) Emira today, and what a fantastic looking car it was seeing one for the first time! (y)

Very true with regards to the different shades of yellow, as evident by the photograph taken today - the colour sample, brake caliper, and Lotus badge are all different shades of yellow!
View attachment 1191

As such, even though my first choice of body colour is Hethel Yellow, the brakes and interior stitching will be red. Having had 5 fun cars from 3 different manufacturers in various shades of yellow, some being metallic/pearl and some solid, I think yellow will suit the Emira very well.

Not sure about the Upper Black Pack just yet. I prefer the cleaner look of the body colour roof, but will go for the lower black pack. Some more time needs to be spent on the configurator before making a final decision.

View attachment 1192
I think it could be accurately called 'French's Mustard' yellow. And i love it

eriegz

Emira Maniac
Reaction score
Emira Status
Emira on order
I think it could be accurately called 'French's Mustard' yellow. And i love it
Hmmmm, seems slightly darker than mustard... 🤔

mustard-emira.jpg

Balboa

Emira Fanatic
Reaction score
Do you think Ice Grey would work w Hethel Yellow/BP? i know black would go best but just dont want another black interior (Southern Cal). From pics the Ice Grey looks whitish. What do you think?

Attachments

• Screenshot_20220501-212313_Gallery.jpg
    Screenshot_20220501-212313_Gallery.jpg
    54.5 KB · Views: 93
  • Screenshot_20220501-213233_Chrome.jpg
    Screenshot_20220501-213233_Chrome.jpg
    75.2 KB · Views: 91

digilotus

Staff member
Reaction score
Emira Status
Emira Owner
Do you think Ice Grey would work w Hethel Yellow/BP? i know black would go best but just dont want another black interior (Southern Cal). From pics the Ice Grey looks whitish. What do you think?
I think it will work, but you will probably need Silver wheels or Silver calipers to link the outside to the inside for better cohesion.

EmiraMike

Emira Fan
Reaction score
Currently relaxing by the pool near Hethel before our factory tour in the morning to finally decide which colour to go for. I’m still quite undecided between DV, Magma & my first love (Hethel Yellow with tan interior). This latest batch of photos from Lotus is the first time I’ve seen yellow & tan together (sort of) & I’m feeling happy (although that might be the chlorine)
#Forthepoolloungers
DE6BB00E-CBFB-4711-B967-89F9B582AA45.jpeg

6A27A8F4-0FCB-41DD-A5F1-CCE8E7A01614.jpeg

Pav

Emira Fan
Reaction score
Good luck! I am sticking to yellow but was much seduced by magma painted cars (DV was my second choice before factory visit..)

Daz

Emira Fanatic
Reaction score
Currently relaxing by the pool near Hethel before our factory tour in the morning to finally decide which colour to go for. I’m still quite undecided between DV, Magma & my first love (Hethel Yellow with tan interior). This latest batch of photos from Lotus is the first time I’ve seen yellow & tan together (sort of) & I’m feeling happy (although that might be the chlorine)
#Forthepoolloungers
View attachment 5139
View attachment 5140
Enjoy your tour, don’t forget your 8 page debrief on this forum before you head off home

OP
TomE

TomE

Staff member
Reaction score
Emira Status
Emira on order
Agreed. My wife has said at various points “Magma looks nice”, “Green is classy and classic Lotus” and “Nimbus is a cool colour”. I tell her the spec is locked in on Hethel and can’t be changed.

I’ve been saying that since last September…. :)

eclat2emira

Emira Maniac
Reaction score
#Forthepoolloungers
View attachment 5139
View attachment 5140
Is that Park Farm? Stayed there last week!

silent cilantro

Emira Fanatic
Reaction score
Emira Status
Emira Owner
I am no designer but I think HY with black alcantara w/ yellow stitching goes well together. Wonder why Lotus' designers say that spec is "Not Recommended".

What do you guys think?

Screen Shot 2022-05-06 at 3.51.38 PM.png

Aerie Performance Lotus Emira Carbon Fiber Parts GregsRaceParts.com

Latest posts