• We are conducting our first ever Lotus Emira of the Month for May 2024. This will be a monthly contest and will be submissions from users, voted for by the membership. Please take a moment to check out thread here: 🏆 May 2024 - Emira of the Month starts now! (You can dismiss this message by clicking the X in the top right hand corner of this notice.)

Quote from Andrew Frankel - from the Intercooler...

Speedluvver

Emira Fanatic
Reaction score
Emira Status
Emira Owner

With all the frustration on the delays out there, I thought I would remind us of this quote from Andrew's review...

There is a road about five minutes from the Lotus factory in Norfolk which in 20 miles will tell you perhaps 80 per cent of what you need to know about a new car’s chassis.

I take it out onto the aforementioned road which forms part of the test route used by all Lotus chassis engineers. And you can see why: it’s quick and challenging, usually smooth but with enough bumps to pull the veil from any shortcomings hidden within the suspension set-up. It’s quiet and a place where you can put some proper loads through the car without taking silly risks in public.

And here, the Emira is outstanding. The steering is still hydraulically assisted and communicates beautifully. Its weighting and gearing are near perfect. The passively sprung and damped suspension is a little firmer than I’d expected of the Touring specification, but its secondary ride is good enough for this kind of car, and its primary body control just blissful: it’s not tied down on its springs, but moves gently, just enough to let the car breathe with the road.

TRX250EX

Reaction score
Boy I cannot decide which suspension to spec.
I will make it easy for you, what makes Emira special Is having a daily usable Lotus, is Emira track focused car? NO, so why not get a touring pack knowing you won't have a more comfortable Emira than this spec in future, but (most likely) we might see a more track focused version of Emira in future that's stiffer of course...

If you not planning to get another track focused car to replace it in future then or will use it mostly on track then get Sports, but if you planning to do that in future, then enjoy the Touring so it makes more difference when you switch to the track focused version....

I'm sure you can stiffen up suspension aftermarket later anyway.

lion shf

Emira Maniac
Reaction score
I will make it easy for you, what makes Emira special Is having a daily usable Lotus, is Emira track focused car? NO, so why not get a touring pack knowing you won't have a more comfortable Emira than this spec in future, but (most likely) we might see a more track focused version of Emira in future that's stiffer of course...

If you not planning to get another track focused car to replace it in future then or will use it mostly on track then get Sports, but if you planning to do that in future, then enjoy the Touring so it makes more difference when you switch to the track focused version....

I'm sure you can stiffen up suspension aftermarket later anyway.
I know but…..