Not even going to get a date for my FE i4 till early 2023!

Andy H

Emira Fan
Reaction score
Emira Status
Emira on order
Looks like I comprehensively missed the boat then with my tardy 8th August deposit. Not even getting a build date until 2023 is pretty disappointing. I was hoping with the number of people going V6 or dropping out that I might be further ahead than that. That puts me in the "reviewing my options" camp too I think!

OP
T

TrickeeKiYay

Reaction score
I got a swift reply from Lotus Customer Care who confirmed that my email means delivery sometime in 2023, they’ll confirm a date early 2023😢 (11th July order)

I also chased access to the configurator for my I4 FE and they sent me a link (along with a request for another £3k).

simonb

Emira Fan
Reaction score
Sounds like november slipping to december is first batch of UK customer i4LE cars (had same mail) = early june deposit

Honeywell

Reaction score
I had this:

As part of being a Lotus Emira priority customer we are keen to update you on the progress of your new Lotus Emira.

Unfortunately, shortages across the automotive industry have led to some delays in production, but we are happy to inform you that your new Emira is now scheduled to be completed in November 2022.

Now. I want an i4 base car. I have told them that but they seem to still have me down for a V6 based on a November delivery plan.

I placed my order at 4pm on the launch/reveal day with Rybrook McLaren dealers in Birmingham.

So there's at least one hard data point to calculate delivery schedules. Sadly for me the longer I have to wait the better as I work in the airline business and things ain't great.

ADC

Emira Fiend
Reaction score
Emira Status
Emira on order
In the immortal words of Clay Davis: Well Sheeeeeeiiit.

Part of me thinks "at least i can leave my pot of sports-car money invested", but another part is worried markets will continue to slide while the FE price inflates in the other direction! 😅

Jonhklee

Emira Fiend
Reaction score
Same Letter - wanted to wait for i4 FE or BE
£2k deposit only - 12th July.
No calls since Sep.

PaperLawyer

Emira Fan
Reaction score
Received the same email today (i.e. we'll tell you in early 2023 when you will receive your i4) and I placed my order on 11th July. But I had exchanged emails with customer care a couple of days ago and so knew I could potentially get my Emira earlier if I swopped back to a V6. I've decided to go with my heart, rather than my brain, and placed my second deposit for a Magma Red V6 manual (lower black pack, diamond cut wheels, black calipers, alcantara with red stitching).

gasolina

Reaction score
When I got the call from customer services a couple of months ago to see if I wanted I4 or V6, I was told it was very likely I would see my I4 FE this year but I've now received the same vague 2023 email.

My order was 9th July. Sounds like i was 24 hours too late. :(

Last edited:

TomE

Staff member
Reaction score
Emira Status
Emira on order
When I got the call from customer services a couple of months ago to see if I wanted I4 or V6, I was told it was very likely I would see my I4 FE this year but I've now received the same vague 2023 email.

My order was 9th July. Sounds like i was 24 hours too late. :(
Was that before Russia invaded Ukraine and a new COVID outbreak in Asia? Two months ago I thought I was getting a delivery in June but unfortunately things have changed.

DJS

Emira Fiend
Reaction score
Was that before Russia invaded Ukraine and a new COVID outbreak in Asia? Two months ago I thought I was getting a delivery in June but unfortunately things have changed.
Next thing you know they will be blaming Monkeypox lol

gasolina

Reaction score
Thinking about it, the call was probably more than a couple of months ago. Not really worried about the somewhat inevitable delay to be honest.
My point was just that a previous poster placed his order the day before me and is looking at a 2022 delivery.

Matthaus

Emira Fanatic
Reaction score
Thinking about it, the call was probably more than a couple of months ago. Not really worried about the somewhat inevitable delay to be honest.
My point was just that a previous poster placed his order the day before me and is looking at a 2022 delivery.

Between July 7th and 9th there was thousands of deposits, literally around their busiest time.

Speedluvver

Emira Fanatic
Reaction score
Emira Status
Emira Owner
Right… and thats same for me…..

Daz

Emira Fanatic
Reaction score
I’ve gone with the i4 so not too worried about delays and I didn’t put my deposit down until 12 September 21 ( oh , 12/9/21 a palindrome and hadn’t noticed 🤓) so not expecting to see my beauty until Q2 2023 at the earliest