Nimbus Grey Lotus Emira Photo Thread

supersix

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
Emira Status
Waiting to order
nimbus-grey1.png

After spending some time playing around with the online configurator tonight, I'm leaning towards Nimbus Grey. It seems to show off the lines of the car very well. Is anyone else thinking about this color?

CanadianEmira

Emira Fanatic
Reaction score
View attachment 32

After spending some time playing around with the online configurator tonight, I'm leaning towards Nimbus Grey. It seems to show off the lines of the car very well. Is anyone else thinking about this color?
Trying to decide between this and Seneca Blue. This Nimbus grey looks like a flat color, which I’m a fan of, but I really want to see a picture of this color in real life. To me it almost looks like its got a touch of beige in it too, like Porsche’s ’chalk’ color, but it’s hard to tell. I like how light it looks though. I think the Emira needs a light enough paint color to contrast with the blacked out parts on the car in order to show it off the most.

Andy

Reaction score
Agreed Nimbus Grey looks great but need to see a physical car, have specced this on the configurator withblack pack looks lovely.

OP
supersix

supersix

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
Emira Status
Waiting to order
Trying to decide between this and Seneca Blue. This Nimbus grey looks like a flat color, which I’m a fan of, but I really want to see a picture of this color in real life. To me it almost looks like its got a touch of beige in it too, like Porsche’s ’chalk’ color, but it’s hard to tell. I like how light it looks though. I think the Emira needs a light enough paint color to contrast with the blacked out parts on the car in order to show it off the most.
Yeah, it's really hard to tell from the website the exact color tones. I'm hoping it has more of a dark silver look rather than beige. Almost like the silicon silver color that Land Rover offers.

land-rover-defender-silicon-silver.png

OP
supersix

supersix

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
Emira Status
Waiting to order
This is the config that I am looking at View attachment 39

The red seats provide a very nice accent color. I also think the yellow Lotus logo on the front bumper and wheels works well with Nimbus Grey. (Small detail I know, but I've been staring at these cars a lot!)

Skymira

Reaction score
This is the color I chose, but when the dealership brought it up on his computer it looked just a simple light gray, no beige. I'm going to have to wait till the color samples or an actual car appears to look at.

CanadianEmira

Emira Fanatic
Reaction score
This is the color I chose, but when the dealership brought it up on his computer it looked just a simple light gray, no beige. I'm going to have to wait till the color samples or an actual car appears to look at.
Agreed. Hopefully we’ll see those before the dealers make us spec our cars.

mr_joshua

Emira Fan
Reaction score
This is the config that I am looking at View attachment 39
This is one of two configurations I'm thinking of as well (except I went black roof). I think the red interior really pops against this color. I like the beig-ish aspect of this grey to be honest but I wouldn't want it to look too solid. But I suspect all these early colors are more "solid" on spectrum than they are "metallic".

gr8tr8

Reaction score
I wish they have a few new colours in the swatch. Even if we have to pay premium for it.

At this rate, 75% of the Emira coming out of Hethel will either be blue or yellow... Thoughts?

CanadianEmira

Emira Fanatic
Reaction score
I wish they have a few new colours in the swatch. Even if we have to pay premium for it.

At this rate, 75% of the Emira coming out of Hethel will either be blue or yellow... Thoughts?
Agreed. But I’m almost certain they’re saving those for future, fancier versions of the car. For now, I think we’ll be seeing over 50% of the cars in blue. The design of the car is such that it really suits lighter, contrasting colours, so I agree that yellow might be the next most popular.

Ftype

Reaction score
Yeah, it's really hard to tell from the website the exact color tones. I'm hoping it has more of a dark silver look rather than beige. Almost like the silicon silver color that Land Rover offers.

View attachment 41

My Ftype is silicon silver which works well with black wheels

Attachments

• 490924A7-CAF4-457E-9170-A1943F5FBFEE.jpeg
    490924A7-CAF4-457E-9170-A1943F5FBFEE.jpeg
    372 KB · Views: 431