Nimbus Grey Lotus Emira Photo Thread

Leonard

Emira Aficionado
Reaction score
I've just seen a BMW in Nimbus Grey, horrible X4 or something... Colour looked epic tho. What was it ??? 🤔 😅

Balboa

Emira Fanatic
Reaction score
Just a Daily Driver picking up groceries in La Jolla...

1659054360119.png

1659054487782.png

Eagle7

Emira Aficionado
Reaction score
Geez. I remember back in the day those cars seemed big. Especially compared to my little Triumph Spitfire. Look at how small it looks sitting next to that SUV. What a beauty.

Citizen

Emira Fanatic
Reaction score
For people that saw the car in the flesh, how is it looking ? Wide and large or looks so much compact?

I was looking for similar cars sizes and the Audi R8 is pretty similar in all 3 measures

DerTheDer

Emira Maniac
Reaction score
Emira Status
Emira Owner
Looks great with the yellow calipers! This would have been my spec if I didn't go with Seneca.
I opted for yellow calipers, glad I did! Would have liked to see the silver wheels

DaaS

Emira Fanatic
Reaction score
Emira Status
Emira Owner
For people that saw the car in the flesh, how is it looking ? Wide and large or looks so much compact?

I was looking for similar cars sizes and the Audi R8 is pretty similar in all 3 measures
The original image/video seems to be taken with a wide angle lens. The proportions are all distorted. In real life it looks nice and wide.

TomE

Staff member
Reaction score
Emira Status
Emira on order

There's some geometric distortion in those screenshots from the video due to the lens used on the video camera (guessing it's a GoPro or similar).

It's a similar overall size to the Audi R8. The Emira is about 2cm shorter, 6cm wider and 1cm lower, so slightly more aggressive-looking with a wider track and a fraction lower at the roof. The Emira headlights are vertically stacked and pushed out to the sides, which gives the car an impression of being wider and lower at the front too.
  • Lotus Emira: 4412mm L x 2092mm W x 1225mm H (1895mm W with mirrors folded)
  • Audi R8: 4429mm L x 2029mm W x 1236mm H (1940mm W with mirrors folded)

Lotus%20Emira%20FoS%202021-5.jpg

2018-audi-r8-rws.jpg

Edited to correct widths to both be with mirrors extended, and added width with mirrors folded

Last edited:

TomE

Staff member
Reaction score
Emira Status
Emira on order
Isn’t the Emira just about 1,90 meters wide?
I've just updated my post so both widths are with mirrors extended, and added width with mirrors folded. Emira is 2.09m wide with mirrors, 1.90m with them folded.

BeHappy

Emira Fiend
Reaction score
I’ve had one and R8 is deffo wider, but I would say yes Emira has good stance but definitely doesn’t look as wide - I see it as slight positive as I was always super fussy where I parked due to its width as paranoid about getting it bashed from other car doors - car parks spaces they must think everyone drives fiat punto’s !

TomE

Staff member
Reaction score
Emira Status
Emira on order
I’ve only see Seneca Blue, Hethel Yellow and Dark Verdant so far.