Nimbus Grey Lotus Emira Photo Thread

digilotus

Staff member
Reaction score
Emira Status
Emira Owner
And you can get self healing black ppf now so win win
Agree. I would still apply self-healing black PPF onto an upper black pack to avoid having a scratch pack.
These photos are excellent in terms of colour balance and it shows the warmth/bronze undertones of Nimbus extremely well in daylight. Thanks so much for sharing! 👍

The photo with the open rear hatch also nicely shows the amount of light transparency through the privacy glass - about 25% VLT as per Lotus spec and it looks about right.

Jonhklee

Emira Fiend
Reaction score
Nimbus changes tone with different lightings….. so cool. Wouldn’t want to repair any panels, it will never match the colour from factory…. We had a Merc ML that had similar paint and had to repair and repaint a wheel arch - paint was always different tone to rest of car. One down side of such colours.

TomE

Staff member
Reaction score
Emira Status
Emira on order
So, the front half of the engine bay shroud comes off when you change/add oil?
There are flaps in the front part of the shroud you lift up for dipstick and oil. The whole shroud comes off too if you want more access to the engine.

Dlirium

Reaction score
The privacy glass didn't look that dark in person! I took my DSLR down and took some pics specifically of the glass from a couple of angles, they look exactly like what I saw in the flesh:
View attachment 6781View attachment 6782View attachment 6783
That's exactly what I was hoping to see! I spec'd HY, Black Pack, with Privacy and haven't seen that combo, or really even many WITH the privacy glass. This was a big help, and confirms it was a good choice! :)

EM33RA

Emira Fan
Reaction score
When you have Nimbus with tan on order and every month it moves back a couple of months this is quite tempting for similar money

Go for it mate, the Emira is not even in the same planet as even a 6 YO 570s.

Tommyboy1986

Emira Fan
Reaction score
When you have Nimbus with tan on order and every month it moves back a couple of months this is quite tempting for similar money

Looks lovely except it will spend half its life in mclaren having work done , if only they would nAil the reliability they would literally be the best cars on the road

EM33RA

Emira Fan
Reaction score
Looks lovely except it will spend half its life in mclaren having work done , if only they would nAil the reliability they would literally be the best cars on the road
I’ve owned a 570s since new for 6 years. Outside an issue with the car reading a key fob. The car has never, ever missed a beat.

TomE

Staff member
Reaction score
Emira Status
Emira on order
Probably 5% of the time having work done and 45% of the time waiting for parts. My local McLaren service centre car park is full of cars waiting for parts before they can be fixed. Some have been there for months.

eclat2emira

Emira Maniac
Reaction score

That is a cracking package for the money, and I wouldn't see 6 years old as any real detriment.