Nimbus Grey Lotus Emira Photo Thread

TomE

Staff member
Reaction score
Emira Status
Emira on order
I enquired about changing from silver to black wheels about two months ago, prior to the delay announcement. At that time customer care indicated delay from September to some time in 2023.
Doesn’t make sense unless there is a firm policy to dissuade any changes at all.
Maybe things will change if supply issues increase.
Yes they're actively trying to dissuade changes. Largely because it's really difficult at the moment to get any predictability from suppliers about deliveries.

That's also why US deposit holders are being asked to confirm specs 6 months prior to build completion (8 months prior to delivery). Pre-Covid for an Elise/Exige/Evora it was 12 weeks, when there was a smooth just-in-time supply of components.

G

Guest142

No (or at least not yet). They've got enough scheduling and supplier headaches plus customer comms challenges without opening up the possibility of people being able to change their spec to try and reduce their delay. It's also not a "simple" option, as it's not as straightforward as silver wheel = later and black wheel = sooner.
Understood. I'll sit back, be patient, and let the process play out. Thank you for the insights as always Tom.

Bod27

Emira Fan
Reaction score
Emira Status
Emira on order
This morning at FOS

Attachments

• 941FA62D-AD80-4E56-97B8-B106173FBBA7.png
    941FA62D-AD80-4E56-97B8-B106173FBBA7.png
    105.9 KB · Views: 181

digilotus

Staff member
Reaction score
Emira Status
Emira Owner
This morning at FOS
The privacy glass actually looks quite nice with a black pack! :love:

Clever of Lotus to use RGB multi-colour lighting to give the cars some wow factor.

as7920

Reaction score
I've added Privacy back on to my order. I've had it on every car since 2006 if available.
There really isn't much in it and the decision is based on which would I regret more.
Not getting and wishing I had or getting it and wishing I hadn't.
As it's the former. Decision made.

Leonard

Emira Aficionado
Reaction score
I've added Privacy back on to my order. I've had it on virtually every car since 2006 if available.
There really isn't much in it and the decision is based on which would I regret more.
I dont understand why folk just wouldn't add it afterwords and with zero risk of feeling disappointed 😕

DJS

Emira Fiend
Reaction score
I've added Privacy back on to my order. I've had it on every car since 2006 if available.
Doesn't that move you back in queue or you not locked in yet?

digilotus

Staff member
Reaction score
Emira Status
Emira Owner
I dont understand why folk just wouldn't add it afterwords and with zero risk of feeling disappointed 😕
I agree with you that you can add tint but not remove it if its baked into the glass itself.

How the tint will hold up to the heat is an unknown though. And some people don't like the white borders that tint creates when installed over those little dotted edges around the glass.

tint.png

as7920

Reaction score
Doesn't that move you back in queue or you not locked in yet?
Spec locks on Thursday.
I've also changed callipers from silver to black.
FYI, I4 DCT, Shadow Grey with Black Pack, Black alcantara with red stitching for interior and steering wheel. Nov for Dec (unless there's more delay)

Last edited:

VL3X

Staff member
Reaction score
I agree with you that you can add tint but not remove it if its baked into the glass itself.

How the tint will hold up to the heat is an unknown though. And some people don't like the white borders that tint creates when installed over those little dotted edges around the glass.

View attachment 6967
Exactly this. I don't trust aftermarket tint film to hold up well above the engine heat. I've heard R8 owners do it without any issues, but I'd rather have it from the factory for free then I can just ceramic tint match my front windows after delivery.

Leonard

Emira Aficionado
Reaction score
Exactly this. I don't trust aftermarket tint film to hold up well above the engine heat. I've heard R8 owners do it without any issues, but I'd rather have it from the factory for free then I can just ceramic tint match my front windows after delivery.
Will defo look better with front windows tinted as well 😎

digilotus

Staff member
Reaction score
Emira Status
Emira Owner
Spec locks on Thursday.
I've also changed callipers from silver to black.
FYI, I4 DCT, Shadow Grey with Black Pack, Black alcantara with red stitching for interior and steering wheel. Nov for Dec (unless there's more delay)
Love it, another Shadow Grey fan! (y)

digilotus

Staff member
Reaction score
Emira Status
Emira Owner
I was considering removing privacy glass from my spec to make the cabin a bit brigter, but found out I can't without a significant (~6 month) delay so I've left it. Probably a good thing anyway - I'm not unhappy with it.

Flashback

Reaction score
@lotuscars on TikTok is dribbling out a few clips now.

Nice little vid of Nimbus with black back in the rain in a park somewhere, which highlights the difference in colour without sun or artificial lighting.
21163096-36F0-4920-93B6-195AEBAA2027.jpeg

MCS

Emira Fanatic
Reaction score