Nimbus Grey Lotus Emira Photo Thread

freefall_junkie

Emira Fanatic
Reaction score
Emira Status
Emira Owner
It’s definitely more accurately a champagne if that image is legit
Champagne is being kind - looks like pensioner beige to me :) I can't believe Lotus would have picked that for the FE though so it must be a bad photo or another colour altogether.

Tonyshepp

Emira Maniac
Reaction score
Champagne is being kind - looks like pensioner beige to me :) I can't believe Lotus would have picked that for the FE though so it must be a bad photo or another colour altogether.
Its not a finished car as the rear diffuser is grey and theres the mesh missing from the back too. My dad had an Austin Allegro in the 80's in pensioner beige - its a no from me if it is

NickR

Emira Fanatic
Reaction score
I popped into the dealer today as i was nearby and haven't seen the samples since the roadshow. I walked around with Nimbus putting it under different lighting (except direct sunlight as there wasn't any!) anyways, one thing with this colour is it reflects colours near it, to get a bronze look from it was possible holding it under a warm light. Under cool light it looks silver, outside it looks silver. I think it will look a little like moon (attached) when under certain lighting conditions (artfical warm and perhaps late sun)

Attachments

• polestar-polestar-2-hengerfeste-moon-sommer-vinterhjul-pilot-plus-pakke-gris_7968797003.jpg
    polestar-polestar-2-hengerfeste-moon-sommer-vinterhjul-pilot-plus-pakke-gris_7968797003.jpg
    44.4 KB · Views: 109

TomE

Staff member
Reaction score
Emira Status
Emira on order
I popped into the dealer today as i was nearby and haven't seen the samples since the roadshow. I walked around with Nimbus putting it under different lighting (except direct sunlight as there wasn't any!) anyways, one thing with this colour is it reflects colours near it, to get a bronze look from it was possible holding it under a warm light. Under cool light it looks silver, outside it looks silver. I think it will look a little like moon (attached) when under certain lighting conditions (artfical warm and perhaps late sun)
Agree with this. It behaves rather like the old Storm Titanium in that respect - the colour and tone is heavily influenced by the surroundings, type/colour of lighting etc. It’s very hard to get a “clean” view of it, particularly in a photo other than in a studio setting. When you see it in person your brain largely filters this out, because you can see the surroundings too.

lotuspassion

Reaction score
scusate
Volevo capire se questo può essere davvero il colore del nimbus, perchè non mi piace molto rispetto a quello del configuratore
sto aspettando
grazie e scusa ancora

torstin

Reaction score
Agree with this. It behaves rather like the old Storm Titanium in that respect - the colour and tone is heavily influenced by the surroundings, type/colour of lighting etc. It’s very hard to get a “clean” view of it, particularly in a photo other than in a studio setting. When you see it in person your brain largely filters this out, because you can see the surroundings too.
Nimbus owners should just have their Seneca and hethel buddies park next to them to reflect their superior colours - and lessen the eyesore of the motorhome cab beige nimbus

jmn444

Emira Fan
Reaction score
Rolling with the pebble grey comment... this vid changes color quite a bit from 20 second mark to 1 minute ish mark....

Leonard

Emira Aficionado
Reaction score
Rolling with the pebble grey comment... this vid changes color quite a bit from 20 second mark to 1 minute ish mark....
I think this is A thing as well.
Lotus say they are all new colours. I'm not sure I believe they are all new colours.... Bit of tweakage to existing colours maybe.
If you paint a moustache on the Mona Lisa is it a new original master piece? Maybe...