Nimbus Grey Lotus Emira Photo Thread

Nick in Sydney

Emira Fanatic
Reaction score
Ugh... I was dead set on Nimbus, but after seeing this I am changing.
🤦🏻‍♂️
It's certainly much more "creamy bronze" and less silver than I was expecting. Need to see more photos, including outside, before we can really judge it.

digilotus

Staff member
Reaction score
Emira Status
Emira Owner
It's certainly much more "creamy bronze" and less silver than I was expecting. Need to see more photos, including outside, before we can really judge it.
Agree - This colour changes a lot with different lighting. Plus this is a non finished car with cast rather than forged wheels. Even the lower black pack is raw plastic pack!

TomE

Staff member
Reaction score
Emira Status
Emira on order
Tom is this Nimbus or some other color?

I’m not sure it is. The colour looks wrong. But also the lighting is poor and it’s probably a quick snap with a phone. Doesn’t have enough silver/grey or metallic and is too brown/cream.

I don’t know why they’d paint a car in a “nearly Nimbus” colour, it doesn’t make sense. I saw cars in non-FE colours but all were nowhere near an FE colour. Many were previous Lotus colours, like Arctic Silver and Starlight Black.

I’m wondering if this is an old picture and that’s an early version of Nimbus, possibly hand-sprayed in the old paint shop.

I wouldn’t rely on it until we have more info on the provenance. But I doubt we’ll get that, as it’s a photo that probably shouldn’t have been taken or published.

Maverick1

Emira Fanatic
Reaction score
Screenshot_20220301-225242_Samsung Internet.jpg

If this is what Nimbus grey actually looks like, then Seneca blue it is for me.
Looks more champagne than silver.
Looks nasty, especially with those silver base wheels.
Hopefully I'll be able to see both the Nimbus grey and the Seneca blue in person before I have to make my final decision.

Citizen

Emira Fanatic
Reaction score
why is it being assumed that it is Nimbus grey on a clearly production car?

daveparky84

Reaction score
I'm going to say that Lotus probably put considerable amount of time in getting the latest configurator as accurate as possible. The sample I have seen also looks like the configurator and not really like this image. Also this is clearly taken on a phone, likely set to automatic.. phones do all kinds of automatic nonsense, especially indoors, like brightening up shadows and making brighter objects (like a lovely silver) seem darker to balance out the shot. I have more faith in my eyes and the Configurator than this image... which isn't even confirmed to be Nimbus anyway..

daveparky84

Reaction score
I have also seen the sample in the flesh… looks more like the last two pics I posted above.

Yep the last 2 you posted is how i saw it too.. its basically silver with a touch of bronze / champagne.. looks very nice in person.. Im not worried at all I think it will look great.

Leonard

Emira Aficionado
Reaction score
And this is why Lotus just need to post or send us the god darn pictures of the actual colours! 🤪
I cant see this being a true representation of Nimbus. They can't have got the new configurator that badly wrong after not giving us pictures...
If it is then I just won't bother with the car at all, as this photo is my full spec bar the wheels. All the colours are a bit 'old man' bar Seneca and I wouldnt want the show car colour.
Anyway time will tell.
Me for now
Screenshot_20220302-070036_Chrome.jpg

NickR

Emira Fanatic
Reaction score
And this is why Lotus just need to post or send us the god darn pictures of the actual colours! 🤪
I cant see this being a true representation of Nimbus. They can't have got the new configurator that badly wrong after not giving us pictures...
If it is then I just won't bother with the car at all, as this photo is my full spec bar the wheels. All the colours are a bit 'old man' bar Seneca and I wouldnt want the show car colour.
Anyway time will tell.
Me for nowView attachment 3505
As Tom has seen the actual colour and doesn't think it's right I'd say it's nothing to worry about

NickR

Emira Fanatic
Reaction score
On the FB group nimbus might be the same as pebble grey (Volvo owned by Geely)
5.jpeg

TomE

Staff member
Reaction score
Emira Status
Emira on order