Nimbus Grey Lotus Emira Photo Thread

Jonhklee

Emira Fiend
Reaction score
Looking at the black pack, it’s essential - shame about the black tail pipes.
How many of you are going to black PPF to roof +/- mirrors and black out LOTUS lettering yourselves?
If it’s going for PPF any way, surely that’s a better way to get the black pack “lite” look. What sort of cost would that be?

BeHappy

Emira Fiend
Reaction score
Exactly this. I don't trust aftermarket tint film to hold up well above the engine heat. I've heard R8 owners do it without any issues, but I'd rather have it from the factory for free then I can just ceramic tint match my front windows after delivery.
Yearh R8 back window gets extremely hot 🥵 I’m sure you would be able to fry an egg 🍳 on the glass above engine

GetawayDriving

Emira Fiend
Reaction score
How many of you are going to black PPF to roof +/- mirrors and black out LOTUS lettering yourselves?
If it’s going for PPF any way, surely that’s a better way to get the black pack “lite” look. What sort of cost would that be?
Taste is subjective of course, but i used to think the same thing that black pack was essential on Nimbus - then I saw one without it on the factory floor and my job dropped. After seeing them in the flesh my spec went from exactly what’s in this video to no BP, red interior, red calipers.

Tonyshepp

Emira Maniac
Reaction score
Taste is subjective of course, but i used to think the same thing that black pack was essential on Nimbus - then I saw one without it on the factory floor and my job dropped. After seeing them in the flesh my spec went from exactly what’s in this video to no BP, red interior, red calipers.
I’m on the fence with BP, I’ve gone for it with Nimbus as I like the cockpit type look. I never had PPF so haven’t missed what it can do.

First Lotus

Emira Fanatic
Reaction score
Yep I would rather the titanium exhaust tips and everything else black.
I wouldn't do film roof as I don't think it will come out as good. I'll clear ppf the roof after some detailing

Evotion

Emira Fiend
Reaction score
My views on the black pack are known.

If it was a free option then I still would not recommend it.
When you get the car without it first you will likely realise you do not wish to cover any of that lush paintwork up.. who really wants to see a big bit of black when you reach your car?
I'd go without and then consider a black wrap for the roof, pillars and anywhere else if you really wanted to.

Even then, I would say it only really works on the yellow car, perhaps blue.

Hey, only my opinion. :p

Tonyshepp

Emira Maniac
Reaction score
My views on the black pack are known.

If it was a free option then I still would not recommend it.
When you get the car without it first you will likely realise you do not wish to cover any of that lush paintwork up.. who really wants to see a big bit of black when you reach your car?
I'd go without and then consider a black wrap for the roof, pillars and anywhere else if you really wanted to.

Even then, I would say it only really works on the yellow car, perhaps blue.

Hey, only my opinion. :p
And it's a rubbish opinion 😃

Evotion

Emira Fiend
Reaction score
Ha :p

I have also said on here, and I believe it, that Nimbus is the single best colour for the Emira, in terms of how it looks and works. It was VERY close between me choosing the Magman 0 I hjad both at one point.

Tonyshepp

Emira Maniac
Reaction score
Ha :p

I have also said on here, and I believe it, that Nimbus is the single best colour for the Emira, in terms of how it looks and works. It was VERY close between me choosing the Magman 0 I hjad both at one point.
I think your description of molten silver sums it up. The video posted reaffirms I’ve made the right choice even though there’s been a worry it’s gonna look champagne, which it clearly doesn’t.

Magicman

Emira Fiend
Reaction score
For me given the shape of the rear pillars ot looks like the car was designed to have the black roof, also gives the car a lower stance imo.

This video does make me question if I'd spec privacy glass again, I like it on the back, I don't think the engine is particularly pretty so is better for the more subtle visibility.
However the side windows look a bit odd

Attachments

• Reposta_290960973_3268886650067209_6039911314095350474_nmp4.mp4
    4.2 MB

Tonyshepp

Emira Maniac
Reaction score
For me given the shape of the rear pillars ot looks like the car was designed to have the black roof, also gives the car a lower stance imo.

This video does make me question if I'd spec privacy glass again, I like it on the back, I don't think the engine is particularly pretty so is better for the more subtle visibility.
Never noticed it before, mind you never seen the Nimbus in real life toll these photos from FOS, does look a bit odd.

Autopsy

Emira Fan
Reaction score

Thank you for all these nice videos of nimbus in the wild!
I think you can always match side window with the privacy rear quarter window with the right tint film.