Dark Verdant Lotus Emira Photo Thread

Porter

Emira Addict
Reaction score
Emira Status
Emira Owner
This thing is "green" the way La Croix flavored sparkling waters are "flavored".

1651500206027.png

1651500308841.png

No offense intended to the DV lovers, it's a great looking color. But the "green" content is... low. :ROFLMAO:

Last edited:

JKP

Reaction score
Yeah it's DV. It's not a cutesy or fun color; it's quite serious. It definitely has a mysterious vibe to it. I think it looks great. I made the right choice!

So great to see these photos! I had to finalize my order last month, and went with DV and these wheels. Have been panicking that I made the wrong choice, but now could not be happier. The more pics that surface, the more I think this car is going to look amazing in all colors and combinations. The configurator (as good as it is) simply does not do justice to the car. I cannot wait for delivery and expect to be blown away when I see the car in person. A huge thank you to whoever posted these photos!

Eagle7

Emira Aficionado
Reaction score
I've been thinking I've seen this shade of green before, and I thought it was in the plant world, but after doing a search, it turns out it's very much like dark green Jade. I think it's perhaps the most exotic of the FE colors, whereas something like Nimbus has more of an opulent quality to it. Magma is more vibrant, more dynamic. Seneca is more of a traditional color in the vein of French Blue. It feels more like a heritage color to me, which is not a bad thing by any means. Hethel Yellow is very playful, exuberant and lively. Shadow Gray reminds me of a dark gray timber wolf; a no nonsense color with a bit of mystery.

They're all good.

Green Jade.jpeg

Dark Green Jade.jpeg

KusaKusa

Reaction score
I have a car that's similar color: it's a very dark, glossy blue that normally doesn't have much character but shines a sparkly blue when reflecting sunlight.

The sparkle is the best part, but you only get it if the sun is hitting it right and if you keep the car clean, and then the sparkle is only on a small part of the whole surface. It makes a lot more sense in motion, where the shine travels throughout the car as it drives by. But it's like a Greek tragedy where you worked for it and love it the most, but you suffer never seeing it at its best since you mostly drive it. It looks really good when my wife drives it away lol.

So my recommendation is making sure you like the entire color travel of the car, both the shiny bit and the very dark bits, so you can admire the car as a whole instead of a small bit that's shiny at a time.

Porter

Emira Addict
Reaction score
Emira Status
Emira Owner
I've been thinking I've seen this shade of green before, and I thought it was in the plant world, but after doing a search, it turns out it's very much like dark green Jade. I think it's perhaps the most exotic of the FE colors, whereas something like Nimbus has more of an opulent quality to it. Magma is more vibrant, more dynamic. Seneca is more of a traditional color in the vein of French Blue. It feels more like a heritage color to me, which is not a bad thing by any means. Hethel Yellow is very playful, exuberant and lively. Shadow Gray reminds me of a dark gray timber wolf; a no nonsense color with a bit of mystery.

They're all good.

View attachment 5035

View attachment 5036
Good observation! That's a very astute comparison. Though the green content is accentuated in dark jade by the chatoyancy of the material, and unfortunately you can't really do that in automotive paint. So it looks much darker except under the brightest light.

I like what you said about Seneca being like a French Blue... man, I would love it if that were true. Unfortunately I think they oversaturated the color too much and it feels more like a trend color than a heritage color. If they had desaturated it a bit to give it a nice tasteful washed blue oxford-cloth feel it would have increased the broad appeal. It's a great color, it's just not quite what it could have been with a little more subtlety.

Last edited:

dgrace

Emira Fiend
Reaction score
I still just can't understand the logic of this color choice from Lotus. A standard BRG would have been a popular candidate and would look fantastic. Every Emira will look good regardless of color, but this green is so dark it's virtually black. Seems a shame given that there are only 6 options and there's already a charcoal grey.

First Lotus

Emira Fanatic
Reaction score
I have a car that's similar color: it's a very dark, glossy blue that normally doesn't have much character but shines a sparkly blue when reflecting sunlight.

The sparkle is the best part, but you only get it if the sun is hitting it right and if you keep the car clean, and then the sparkle is only on a small part of the whole surface. It makes a lot more sense in motion, where the shine travels throughout the car as it drives by. But it's like a Greek tragedy where you worked for it and love it the most, but you suffer never seeing it at its best since you mostly drive it. It looks really good when my wife drives it away lol.

So my recommendation is making sure you like the entire color travel of the car, both the shiny bit and the very dark bits, so you can admire the car as a whole instead of a small bit that's shiny at a time.
Is that because you know you're about to get a bit of peace and quiet 🤣

Eagle7

Emira Aficionado
Reaction score
Good observation! That's a very astute comparison. Though the green content is accentuated in dark jade by the chatoyancy of the material, and unfortunately you can't really do that in automotive paint. So it looks much darker except under the brightest light.

I like what you said about Seneca being like a French Blue... man, I would love it if that were true. Unfortunately I think they oversaturated the color too much and it feels more like a trend color than a heritage color. If they had desaturated it a bit to give it a nice tasteful washed blue oxford-cloth feel it would have increased the broad appeal. It's a great color, it's just not quite what it could have been with a little more subtlety.
I honestly think Seneca was created specifically for the Porsche crowd, as it's quite close to Shark Blue which is an option for the Cayman, the target car Lotus is aiming the Emira at.

Cayman Shark Blue.png

French Blue has quite a few variations, although for me I've always thought of it in the lighter tones. Sometimes it even has a slightly greyish tone to it, almost to Duck Egg Blue which is a classic English color.

French Blue
French Blue.jpeg

Duck Egg Blue
Duck Egg Blue.jpeg

I don't know how well the Emira would wear those old color tones since it's not an old style shape. It seems to want richer, more vibrant colors. There are a few timeless colors though that it will wear very well, like silver, white and black, which are really shades more than colors.

It's going to be interesting to see what color options the bespoke division is going to make available. They'll probably be expensive, but they may be quite good. The Emira is going to be able to wear exotic colors and not be overwhelmed by them.

I really hope Russell and his team are the ones designing the Type 135. If they can do for it what they've done for the Evija and Emira, it should be a stunner.

Porter

Emira Addict
Reaction score
Emira Status
Emira Owner
I honestly think Seneca was created specifically for the Porsche crowd, as it's quite close to Shark Blue which is an option for the Cayman, the target car Lotus is aiming the Emira at.
Honestly I wish it were a Shark Blue copy, that's a more balanced color in my opinion. The blue Emira that's been making the rounds since last year seems closer to a Focus RS blue, which is extremely "shouty" and intensely saturated, particularly in person.
1651517847635.png

The Porsche color that I think is closest to this is a solid called Riviera Blue, and it can be eye-searingly intense in bright sunlight. A really, really strong color. Examples: https://www.rennbow.org/porsche-colors/RivieraBlue

French Blue has quite a few variations, although for me I've always thought of it in the lighter tones. Sometimes it even has a slightly greyish tone to it, almost to Duck Egg Blue which is a classic English color.

I don't know how well the Emira would wear those old color tones since it's not an old style shape. It seems to want richer, more vibrant colors. There are a few timeless colors though that it will wear very well, like silver, white and black, which are really shades more than colors.
I think a French Blue variation would have been great in any of the classic shades of that color, dark or light... and as you said it sometimes presents as a grey-blue. That's sort of what I mean by desaturated. Even in brighter versions of the color that gives it a nice balance of medium tones rather than high intensity color contrast everywhere. And I think I may disagree about what suits the car... the Emira has enough cohesion as a design that I think it would wear almost any color well, including solid tones. And vintage styles are very, very popular right now. Look at Porsche's 911 Sport Classic as evidence, but you can look to clothing and furniture trends as well.

Here's a Porsche example of what I think of as a metallic "French Blue"... would be a lovely color on an Emira. Makes a great dress shirt color as well. https://www.rennbow.org/porsche-colors/GeminiBlueMetallic
1651519636384.png

But hey, we've derailed this whole thread enough with our BLUE talk. Sorry, DV folks.

PaulP

Emira Fanatic
Reaction score
If it looks even remotely like shark or riviera blue I will be THRILLED.

hyperfect

Reaction score
Here comes more indoor shots. White balance is a bit off, looks almost black in certain angle.

Attachments

• WechatIMG192.jpeg
    WechatIMG192.jpeg
    238.2 KB · Views: 339
  • WechatIMG193.jpeg
    WechatIMG193.jpeg
    181.4 KB · Views: 332
  • WechatIMG191.jpeg
    WechatIMG191.jpeg
    209.2 KB · Views: 346
  • WechatIMG190.jpeg
    WechatIMG190.jpeg