Mobile speed camera detector

EFE

Reaction score
I appreciate it isn't a detector in the same way as your linked product, but Waze is a pretty good solution in UK and most of the rest of Europe.

Andy H

Emira Fanatic
Reaction score
Emira Status
Emira Owner
Waze over Apple or Android wireless play is hard to beat. I've been using it in the RS3 for 6 months and it's not missed a beat in flagging fixed and mobile cameras. It's uses crowd sourced data so 9 times out of 10 someone else has already spotted the van and flagged it before you see it. You get a visual and audible alert with sufficient warning to make sure you're compliant ;)

Also, no subs to pay and it even seems fairly light on data. Oh, and it's also rather good at navigation! (y)

kitkat

Emira Degenerate
Reaction score
Emira Status
Emira on order
I was under the impression many of the mobile speed vans in the UK were laser speed based or purely distance over time between two spots photo. Those would be impossible to detect.

Toomanyloti

Emira Fiend
Reaction score
Emira Status
Emira Owner
Waze over Apple or Android wireless play is hard to beat. I've been using it in the RS3 for 6 months and it's not missed a beat in flagging fixed and mobile cameras. It's uses crowd sourced data so 9 times out of 10 someone else has already spotted the van and flagged it before you see it. You get a visual and audible alert with sufficient warning to make sure you're compliant ;)

Also, no subs to pay and it even seems fairly light on data. Oh, and it's also rather good at navigation! (y)
this ☝️

Started using it on Potash Lane driving out of the factory last month!!!!!

Mobile scumbag tax collectors vans can get you 1km away.... but their location is supposed to be published every day so not sure if this feeds into waze too??

My only worry with waze is whether the camera location flaggs up early enough. It's certainly quite close for fixed cameras as I noticed today which would be a long way too late for a mobile.
Perhaps someone here can educate on the warning distance/notice for a mobile unit?

OP
A

action_turtle

Emira Fanatic
Reaction score
Cheers guys. I can try Waze, just wanted some more concrete. Rather have kit than rely upon the public etc. doesn’t sound possible though ☹️