Might be the first windshield replacement in the US 🏆😭

Windshield protection film is the best thing you can get done. I’ve just had mine done. Have had all my cars done.
Very minimal distortion. You will not notice it

Windshield protection film is the best thing you can get done. I’ve just had mine done. Have had all my cars done.
Very minimal distortion. You will not notice it

This. People overlook windshield protection and care when detailing. I have the lightest possible ceramic tint on the inside (70% xpel xr plus IIRC) and I polish my windshield yearly and apply Gyeons Q2 View ceramic coating. It makes a huge difference. I plan to eventually get the ppf like film on the outside glass whenever I get around to redoing the factory Lotus ppf on my GT.

1000019546.jpg

This. People overlook windshield protection and care when detailing. I have the lightest possible ceramic tint on the inside (70% xpel xr plus IIRC) and I polish my windshield yearly and apply Gyeons Q2 View ceramic coating. It makes a huge difference. I plan to eventually get the ppf like film on the outside glass whenever I get around to redoing the factory Lotus ppf on my GT.

View attachment 41284
Just to reiterate. If you go on drives following others in the group you are guaranteed to get a lot of little stone thrown at your car. These will 100% hit your windshield, may not break it but it’s a problem
I’m going on a 1200 mile trip this weekend with 8 other cars, and for sure my windshield will get peppered.
So for me getting windshield protection is a must

I just had the windshield film installed yesterday on mine. Stek Dynoflex. It cost $500 and supposedly only has a 1% distortion. It comes with a 2 year warranty. I decided to try it out as I want to limit my odds of having to replace a windshield on the Emira anytime soon. I can't really even tell it's there so that's good. They said I was a good candidate since the vehicle is garaged and a third vehicle not daily driven. Rock chips are notorious in AZ.
Seems like the wipers would score it slightly given the accumulation of road grime and light dust/dirt from time to time. Let us know what happens!

For the first time, after 24 years of driving, and only 1 week with my Emira (and 800 miles), a very mean and nasty rock collided with my front windshield. She's at Lotus of Orlando right now and well.... it seems that I might be the first one in the US to have their windshield replaced. Yay .... trophy for me. I dropped her off on Tuesday and they have not yet provided me a quote. Apparently, they are "still working on figuring this out" with Lotus.
😭😭

The only thing keeping me at peace is knowing that I only have 200 more miles to break her in whenever she comes back =D
Sorry to hear......A rock hit my Emira windshield on interstate 2500 miles driven. Fully anticipated this would happen at some point, due to the low profile nose.
Had the less than dime sized spyder filled. Will replace the windshield when I return to the dealership in the fall. I had 70% Xpel XR plus applied to windshield days before the damage.
Please share your replacement quote when available. Should be a true test of parts bin availability.