Might be the first windshield replacement in the US šŸ†šŸ˜­

Maurice R

Emira Fiend
Reaction score
Windshield protection film is the best thing you can get done. Iā€™ve just had mine done. Have had all my cars done.
Very minimal distortion. You will not notice it

VL3X

Staff member
Reaction score
Windshield protection film is the best thing you can get done. Iā€™ve just had mine done. Have had all my cars done.
Very minimal distortion. You will not notice it

This. People overlook windshield protection and care when detailing. I have the lightest possible ceramic tint on the inside (70% xpel xr plus IIRC) and I polish my windshield yearly and apply Gyeons Q2 View ceramic coating. It makes a huge difference. I plan to eventually get the ppf like film on the outside glass whenever I get around to redoing the factory Lotus ppf on my GT.

1000019546.jpg

Maurice R

Emira Fiend
Reaction score
This. People overlook windshield protection and care when detailing. I have the lightest possible ceramic tint on the inside (70% xpel xr plus IIRC) and I polish my windshield yearly and apply Gyeons Q2 View ceramic coating. It makes a huge difference. I plan to eventually get the ppf like film on the outside glass whenever I get around to redoing the factory Lotus ppf on my GT.

View attachment 41284
Just to reiterate. If you go on drives following others in the group you are guaranteed to get a lot of little stone thrown at your car. These will 100% hit your windshield, may not break it but itā€™s a problem
Iā€™m going on a 1200 mile trip this weekend with 8 other cars, and for sure my windshield will get peppered.
So for me getting windshield protection is a must