Lotus account clarification

AndySXV

Reaction score
Hello, I have come to the point of needing to settle up with Lotus but my bank repeatedly states that the the account couldn’t be checked/ verified.
Has anyone else had this problem and if so how did you navigate this.
It amazes me that a company as large as lotus doesn’t accept Chaps payment.
Thank you for your help.
I’m with Santander and it came up with the same thing but it still allows me to make the payment, so I did. All went ok

nelly111s

Emira Fanatic
Reaction score
Emira Status
Emira Owner
I know this is a slightly old thread, but shortly I'll be in the position of making a payment, too.

Has anyone in the UK used the old Virgin One Account (RBS) to make payment, and if so, how did you get round the daily limit?

JimH

Emira Fiend
Reaction score
Emira Status
Emira Owner
I know this is a slightly old thread, but shortly I'll be in the position of making a payment, too.

Has anyone in the UK used the old Virgin One Account (RBS) to make payment, and if so, how did you get round the daily limit?
I’ve got one of those and the simple answer that they gave me is that you can’t. £10k per day max, whether one payment or multiple. CHAPS will be offered (£35 fee) but the Lotus Stripe system can’t accept those. The One Account online platform is really old and inflexible. I’ve just sold my Evora and the funds will go into a Santander savings account with a “proper” online transfer limit. The balance will come out of my Virgin One Account once withdrawn from premium bonds. That means I should be able to pay the invoice total in 3 to 4 days with multiple payments. Lotus give you 7 to 10 days I believe……..

Last edited:

dgrace

Emira Fiend
Reaction score
Emira Status
Emira Owner
Has anyone come up with a single upside to Lotus abandoning its UK dealers in favor of a direct-to-customer model?

nelly111s

Emira Fanatic
Reaction score
Emira Status
Emira Owner
I’ve got one of those and the simple answer that they gave me is that you can’t. £10k per day max, whether one payment or multiple. CHAPS will be offered (£35 fee) but the Lotus Stripe system can’t accept those. The One Account online platform is really old and inflexible. I’ve just sold my Evora and the funds will go into a Santander savings account with a “proper” online transfer limit. The balance will come out of my Virgin One Account once withdrawn from premium bonds. That means I should be able to pay the invoice total in 3 to 4 days with multiple payments. Lotus give you 7 to 10 days I believe……..
I’ve done similar. Used CHAPS to move some into a normal Nat West account (over the phone, they did this for free) and the NW account has a £50K limit, so 2 transactions will sort it.

Jack Stone

Emira Fan
Reaction score
Paying the balance for my Emira was the most stressful and frustrating Lotus experience in over three decades of Lotus ownership. That's all I'm saying...