How many on here have now been advised Sept build?

OP
M

Markc

Emira Fan
Reaction score
I’ve seen 5 on here and 2 on the Facebook groups so far.

It would be interesting to know first deposit date as well as spec.
Was was around midnight 6th after the reveal. I don’t think I went for a tracker, I might have gone for garage door opener?

Leonard

Emira Aficionado
Reaction score
A few minutes after site went live on the 6th july
dv
touring
sliver
tan
yellow callipers

however atm, very close to cancelling order
What has been the breaking point? Or is it just other priorities

prestonc

Emira Fanatic
Reaction score
And what was your spec’?
I do find it odd that I seem to have been moved up the queue a bit.
As mentioned before, ice anyways been behind Tom for sure.
I placed my first deposit around 5pm on the 7th July.
Dark Verdant
Manual V6
Touring
Black wheels
Yellow calipers
Black leather
No tracking, no homelink

OUI131

Reaction score
1.I spend the winter boating in the carribean, don’t normally get back until may

2. Just spent a week in hospital, lots of broken bones and pain, won’t be able to drive for a couple of months
3. Had a ball driving my new defender 90 p400 this summer, after driving large diesel suv’s it almost a sports car😂
4. French Porsche dealers are offering GT3 touring 5 month wait to anyone off the street (the €40000 eco malus is an issue though)
5. Trust is an important consideration for me and it’s pretty much evaporated

Leonard

Emira Aficionado
Reaction score
1.I spend the winter boating in the carribean, don’t normally get back until may

2. Just spent a week in hospital, lots of broken bones and pain, won’t be able to drive for a couple of months
3. Had a ball driving my new defender 90 p400 this summer, after driving large diesel suv’s it almost a sports car😂
4. French Porsche dealers are offering GT3 touring 5 month wait to anyone off the street (the €40000 eco malus is an issue though)
5. Trust is an important consideration for me and it’s pretty much evaporated
Sounds like you have a lot going on 😅
Hope you have a good recovery and a GT3 touring would be something to look fwd to when mended that's for sure!
I definitely don't feel like I owe Lotus anything now. Any goodwill I had towards them as an iconic British brand has gone. They really have messed up marketing to us at every stage of the consumer purchase phase. Which makes me doubt that the the after care will be any better either.
Enjoy the Caribbean 😅 #jealous😏

a.s_

Reaction score
It's interesting - I work at a Lotus dealer, and the sales team received a bulletin with copies of the emails that went out to customers - there was no mention of September dates in that email, only October, November (maybe Dec too I can't remember) & 2023

OUI131

Reaction score
It's interesting - I work at a Lotus dealer, and the sales team received a bulletin with copies of the emails that went out to customers - there was no mention of September dates in that email, only October, November (maybe Dec too I can't remember) & 2023
As a Lotus priority customer, we are contacting you with an update to your Emira order. In June we published a video from our Managing Director, Matt Windle sharing details around delays and the reason for those delays and promising to update you on your order as soon as possible. If you were unable to view that video for any reason, please watch the video here.

We are pleased to let you know your Emira is now scheduled for production in September, and we can confirm your Emira specification is now firmly locked in our production schedule. We appreciate this is later than originally advised, therefore please accept our sincere apologies once again for this unforeseen delay.

As your Emira completes the production process we will contact you directly to arrange and confirm your delivery date, provide more information regarding financial services, trade-in and insurance products that you may be interested in, as well as arranging the final handover with you.

We know you have been waiting and are excited to receive your new Emira. We are also very pleased to say that we will be inviting you to get behind the wheel for a pre-delivery test drive very soon. Please be assured that it will be everything you’d expect and more from a Lotus.

We will be in touch again very soon to confirm the delivery details, but in the meantime if you have any questions, please contact Lotus Customer Care by responding to this email or calling 03300 948 047.

Kind regards,

Geoff Dowding

Executive Director of Sales & Aftersales

Lotus Cars

Leonard

Emira Aficionado
Reaction score
I’d rather watch paint dry than this bloke. I’m out and goodbye 👋🏽.
I thought it was interesting about Vision 80 and what they had planned compared to what we are actually seeing.

What sort of retail partners does Lotus want to support the Vision80 strategy?

Globally, the profile of the network today differs from location to location. We have private owners and families, PLCs and conglomerates, and we’re part of other businesses covering motorsport, classic car sales and vehicle restoration. What I’ve seen is that for the vast majority of those, the passion and loyalty towards Lotus is really extraordinary. That’s the magic which has kept the business alive. If we can harness that energy and commitment in a way that’s appropriate for the growth we have planned, we have a really great recipe for success.

What measures are you putting in place now?

We are working on a series of dealer support initiatives – things like rolling out the new corporate identity, improved dealer training, better processes, higher levels of local marketing activity, better aftersales facilities. It’s a focus on people who work in our retailers, motivating them for the journey ahead. Integration of dealers into our long-term planning will go a long way to engaging them in the brand, making them feel better connected to Hethel and a bigger part of the family.

Hobiedick

Reaction score
Emira Status
Emira Owner
I’ve seen 5 on here and 2 on the Facebook groups so far.

It would be interesting to know first deposit date as well as spec.
I spoke to Customer Sevices on the 8th July 2022 when they told me I was in the first batch and was due for delivery in August! My reservation date was in May 2021, it now looks as though I have been bumped down the order and according to the email October production!!!! . I have got to the stage I do not believe a word Lotus publish, my spec does not include any extras other than black pack. It's become a joke with my friends one of which ordered a Ferrari Roma long after my reservation and received it 3 weeks ago.

Eagle7

Emira Aficionado
Reaction score
Emira Status
Emira Owner