Hey mods, can we get regional sub forum sections?

VL3X

Staff member
Reaction score
We're growing pretty fast here and it'd be nice to have regional sub-forums making it easier to connect with one another in person. Can we get those set up? I'd personally like a Mid-Altantic USA group to post spottings, meets, and track day events.. I'm sure others would like dedicated country and/or regional cities sections as well.

supersix

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
Emira Status
Waiting to order
You bet!

I'll continue to add regional sub-sections as the are requested. Thanks for the suggestion!

Last edited:
OP
VL3X

VL3X

Staff member
Reaction score
You bet!

I'll continue to add regional sub-sections as the are requested. Thanks for the suggestion!

Awesome, thanks! Can you edit that to include New Jersey and Pennsylvania too?

Porter

Emira Addict
Reaction score
Emira Status
Emira Owner
Actually I just updated it to:
"New York, New Jersey, Pennsylvania, Delaware, Maryland, and Washington, D. C"

Let me know if that works.
Hi supersix, I think this forum should probably also include Virginia. The greater DC area includes all of the northern part of VA and has the majority of the state's population.

Some questions exist about whether NJ/PA/NY should be separate though. That's normally called the "Tri-State" region as opposed to mid-Atlantic, and usually regarded as a Northeast zone.

Just personal opinion, obviously. This is what I've seen in other automotive forums going back to the late '90s.

JimH

Emira Fiend
Reaction score
Emira Status
Emira Owner
We’d best have a UK one as well then please………. 😀

supersix

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
Emira Status
Waiting to order
Hi supersix, I think this forum should probably also include Virginia. The greater DC area includes all of the northern part of VA and has the majority of the state's population.

Some questions exist about whether NJ/PA/NY should be separate though. That's normally called the "Tri-State" region as opposed to mid-Atlantic, and usually regarded as a Northeast zone.

Just personal opinion, obviously. This is what I've seen in other automotive forums going back to the late '90s.

Thanks for the suggestion - I'll take a look around some other forums and get this completed over the weekend. (y)

OP
VL3X

VL3X

Staff member
Reaction score
Looks like I opened a can of worms. I'm a professional web manager and happy to help moderate and create the sub forms.. just shoot me a PM if you'd like some help.

supersix

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
Emira Status
Waiting to order
Wait, shouldn’t we allow the Northern Irish, Welsh and Scottish owners to devolve? ;)

I've added a UK section that includes England, Scotland, Wales, and Northern Ireland:

virtualmacho

Emira Fiend
Reaction score
Emira Status
Emira Owner
@supersix , is there any way to count the number of forum members by location? Just wondering if the numbers warrant a Japan sub-forum.

virtualmacho

Emira Fiend
Reaction score
Emira Status
Emira Owner
Can we add a US Northwest Region?
Looks like Oregon is included in "US West Region" ?

1644297665251.png

supersix

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
Emira Status
Waiting to order
@supersix , is there any way to count the number of forum members by location? Just wondering if the numbers warrant a Japan sub-forum.

I don't at the moment, but I'm planning on installing a member map add-on soon. However, I went ahead and got a section going!