• We are conducting our first ever Lotus Emira of the Month for May 2024. This will be a monthly contest and will be submissions from users, voted for by the membership. Please take a moment to check out thread here: 🏆 May 2024 - Emira of the Month starts now! (You can dismiss this message by clicking the X in the top right hand corner of this notice.)

Getting lower black pack - yet getting LOTUS and exhausts sprayed gloss/black???

jpizzle

Emira Fan
Reaction score
Just wondered how many people are opting to do this - getting LOTUS and exhausts sprayed gloss black?

mr_joshua

Emira Fan
Reaction score
Exhaust no, but I would definitely prefer the LOTUS in black even though I'm not getting upper black pack. I'm planning on PPF'ing so assuming the silver LOTUS badging needs to be removed anyway. I'm actually wondering if Lotus will make black LOTUS badging available. Something they sell/provide today?

Speedluvver

Emira Fanatic
Reaction score
Emira Status
Emira Owner
I am same - my local dealer said they would be able to swap it over as an aftermarket thing...

denk0815

Reaction score
I've thought about that too.
Apparently, the writing seems to be relatively easy to remove with dental floss.
However, you should not forget to make markings so that you can reattach the letters to the appropriate position after dyeing.

It shouldn't be too difficult to paint the tailpipes on the exhaust yourself.

OP
J

jpizzle

Emira Fan
Reaction score
I am same - my local dealer said they would be able to swap it over as an aftermarket thing...
ah great, you getting exhausts black also? Out of curiosity what body colour have you gone for?

Speedluvver

Emira Fanatic
Reaction score
Emira Status
Emira Owner
dealer said both - but I will likely do lettering first. I am going for Hethel Yellow (although I am having naughty thoughts about Verdant today..)

OP
J

jpizzle

Emira Fan
Reaction score
dealer said both - but I will likely do lettering first. I am going for Hethel Yellow (although I am having naughty thoughts about Verdant today..)
I am getting Verdant aha! which is your local dealer can I ask, you UK based?

Porter

tap tap... is this thing on?
Staff member
Reaction score
Emira Status
Emira Owner
The lettering will be available from Lotus through the normal parts network. It has to be available, for collision repair purposes. Every car brand makes exterior badging available as a replacement item, in every variation.

This type of lettering is normally adhesive-backed and they almost always come with a paper or plastic template to help place them exactly on the panel.

Lankan

Emira Fanatic
Reaction score
"Yes" to both, which the dealer will take care of. Hethel Yellow, so LOTUS in black is a must IMO.

Last edited:

Porter

tap tap... is this thing on?
Staff member
Reaction score
Emira Status
Emira Owner
I’d rather have the opposite: upper black pack, silver exhaust tips. You could probably swap with someone.
I'll likely be swapping exhaust tips with someone. I prefer the silver ones but am ordering the car with Black Pack.

Lankan

Emira Fanatic
Reaction score
Yeah, I would be up for swapping exhaust tips!

How corny is that... :LOL:

digilotus

Staff member
Reaction score
Emira Status
Emira Owner
This swap stuff could get very interesting! e.g. Imagine ice grey dash/doors with red leather seats... or vice versa.

Makes me want to buy two different spec'd Emiras just to exchange parts! :ROFLMAO:

Last edited: