FYI: Lotus Driving Academy now live with Emira!

GetawayDriving

Emira Fiend
Reaction score
I’m booked in June, and plan to combine it with Goodwood. Who’s with me?

Thank you @TomE for the heads up that this might go live today!

Attachments

• A3D05936-54EC-44C9-B2DA-0988412A9A31.png
    A3D05936-54EC-44C9-B2DA-0988412A9A31.png
    288.8 KB · Views: 76

jimbobc

Emira Fan
Reaction score
How exciting some of you will be driving one next month!

I must admit I don’t fully get Martin’s comments about GT car:

” After many years of working at the Lotus driving academy, I am really excited to return this year with the new Lotus Emira.
It’s an amazing GT car that really helps you learn how to get the most out of driving a modern sports car both on the road and on the track. “

MARTIN DONNELLY, LOTUS F1 DRIVER AND LDA INSTRUCTOR

digilotus

Staff member
Reaction score
Emira Status
Emira Owner
If only they zoomed out and photographed the whole car in Magma, then took another shot of the ice grey interior…!

OP
GetawayDriving

GetawayDriving

Emira Fiend
Reaction score
How exciting some of you will be driving one next month!

I must admit I don’t fully get Martin’s comments about GT car:

” After many years of working at the Lotus driving academy, I am really excited to return this year with the new Lotus Emira.
It’s an amazing GT car that really helps you learn how to get the most out of driving a modern sports car both on the road and on the track. “

MARTIN DONNELLY, LOTUS F1 DRIVER AND LDA INSTRUCTOR

Technically the Evora was also considered a GT car by Lotus, wasn’t it?

scarzie

Emira Fan
Reaction score
Ugh, I have a factory tour scheduled Aug 15th as I'll be in the EU the week prior, but looks like they're only doing Thursday that week :confused:

TomE

Staff member
Reaction score
Emira Status
Emira on order
Instruction from a former F1 driver and the folks who developed the car, driving on the company’s test track. What’s not to like?

I did previous versions with Elise, Exige and Evora. Great fun, most people learn a lot …: and it’s not your car you’re hammering round the track.

VL3X

Staff member
Reaction score
Instruction from a former F1 driver and the folks who developed the car, driving on the company’s test track. What’s not to like?

I did previous versions with Elise, Exige and Evora. Great fun, most people learn a lot …: and it’s not your car you’re hammering round the track.
Sounds like a blast! A little pricey for a half-day event though... Current Lotus owners should get a discount (though that'd likely be 90% of the attendees).

ADC

Just Jazzed About Being On The Show
Reaction score
Emira Status
Emira on order
Any idea if that price includes insurance /damage waiver, in the (unlikely) event of getting a bit too lairy coming back onto the main straight? 😀

EDIT: Never mind, looked at the Ts & Cs... liability is £10K. Not that it's an issue... you have to be proper knob to manage a big crash with an instructor on board :LOL:

MCS

Emira Fanatic
Reaction score
Any idea if that price includes insurance /damage waiver, in the (unlikely) event of getting a bit too lairy coming back onto the main straight? 😀

EDIT: Never mind, looked at the Ts & Cs... liability is £10K. Not that it's an issue... you have to be proper knob to manage a big crash with an instructor on board :LOL:

You’ve just tempted fate there 🙂

• Haha
Reactions: ADC

emiraspain

Emira Addict
Reaction score
Ive booked mine 29th July... in theory will collect the car before then, so should be interesting to see what it can do, which I am 150% sure is much more than I can do....