Five hours into Emira ownership

seventen

Reaction score
I've been looking at Emira's for months having owned Elises's for the past 20 years.

I finally managed to get my hands on the right spec last week. However this is 5 hours into ownership :-(

Edit: SC belt failure following AC compressor seizure. Anyone had a similar issue?

IMG20240307141128.jpg

Last edited:

EZcheezy

Emira Fanatic
Reaction score
Emira Status
Emira on order
when someone posts a highly provocative post then disappears :cautious:

Last edited:
OP
seventen

seventen

Reaction score
Edited the post now I know the problem. Keen to see if anyone has had a similar issue: SC belt failure after AC compressor seizure. Thanks.

Last edited:

JonFuller

Emira Fan
Reaction score
Emira Status
Emira Owner
So what happened??
He says... A/C compressor seized, causing SC belt to fail.

Bad luck fella, I have heard of AC issues, but don't know if it's resulted in a seized ac pump.

At least this isn't actually a lotus part, incredibly, a Japanese part (I assume) has failed you :-/

Where in Hampshire are you?

Jon

Eagle7

Emira Aficionado
Reaction score
Unreal. That should be covered by the warranty, but not the way you want to start ownership!

Andy H

Emira Fanatic
Reaction score
Emira Status
Emira Owner
Gutted for you mate. This takes me back to the early days where stuff like this was happening every week. I don't know when yours was manufactured but I'm assuming it's out of the initial bathtub curve.

OP
seventen

seventen

Reaction score
Apologies for the ambiguous post. When I wrote it the issue had not been diagnosed. I've updated with what happened.

The car is now back at the dealership and is being fixed as a warranty claim.

It's having a replacement AC compressor, new SC belt, and a recall done for the fan module resistor (in front of car I believe). The dealership are waiting for Lotus to authorise the claim and then provide the relevant parts. It's been hinted that this could be done next week and the car back with me shortly after. Keeping my fingers crossed.

VL3X

Staff member
Reaction score
Apologies for the ambiguous post. When I wrote it the issue had not been diagnosed. I've updated with what happened.

The car is now back at the dealership and is being fixed as a warranty claim.

It's having a replacement AC compressor, new SC belt, and a recall done for the fan module resistor (in front of car I believe). The dealership are waiting for Lotus to authorise the claim and then provide the relevant parts. It's been hinted that this could be done next week and the car back with me shortly after. Keeping my fingers crossed.

Glad it's being covered. Thanks for the update!