Emira Review Index [V6 FE]

Featured
For those looking for the latest Emira V6 FE reviews scheduled to be released today, I've self-volunteered to maintain a quick reference index here.
Please let me know of any missing articles and I'll update accordingly. (y)

ReviewerTypeDirect Link
EdmundsArticle
Harry's Garage (Harry Metcalfe)Video Review

Harry drives the Sports and Tour suspension back to back on the same road and shares his thoughts.
Schmee150 (Tim Burton)Video ReviewPublished 21st June
Carwow (Mat Watson)Video Review
TopGearArticles and VideoPublished 3rd July
Chris Harris talks about the Lotus Emira

Published 20th June

AutoTrader (Rory Reid)Video Review
EvoArticle and Video Review
CARArticle and Video ReviewPublished 22nd July

Lotus Emira vs Cayman 718 GTS vs Alpine 110s
AutocarArticle and Video Review
PistonheadsArticle
KHTVVideo Review
The DriveArticle
AutoExpressArticle
Pictures:
WhichCarArticle
CarBuyerArticle
HagertyArticle
Road and TrackArticlePublished 1st September
Lotus Emira Road and Track Drive

GoodwoodArticle
The IntercoolerPodcastReasonably good post-embargo Emira discussion on The Intercooler.
MotortrendArticle
DriveArticle
AFRArticle
ParkersArticle
CarExpertArticle
Caffeine & MachineArticle
Photos on Instagram:
The Sunday Times DrivingArticle
Car and DriverArticle
The SunArticle
AutoCar UKArticlePublished 2nd July

Last edited:

roundincircles

Emira Fanatic
Reaction score
Weird awful engine audio Aside, that’s great review. Accurate, enthusiastic, well written, and without the shouting so many suffer from. Says a lot with fewer words, which is refreshing. Reminds me a bit of the classic Motor Trend TV format, made contemporary.
Came over as bland to me.....but I'm in, fgs let me know when I can expect delivery and don't say sooooooon.

switchlanez

Emira Fan
Reaction score
I enjoy that high-pitched whine and wish they silenced the music so I could hear more. Not a sound you normally hear on cars nowadays. Some may say it sounds aftermarket or kit car-ish. I love it when OEMs do from the factory what I would do (or wish I had money/engineering know-how to do properly) from my garage anyway. It's a mechanical sound of pure function like a race car. That gives it character.

Last edited:

Nick in Sydney

Emira Fanatic
Reaction score
New review in Car magazine. Emira against four supercars. No happy surprise, I'm afraid: the Emira came equal last alongside the Maserati MC20.

Attachments

• Screen Shot 2022-08-11 at 10.17.50 am.png
    Screen Shot 2022-08-11 at 10.17.50 am.png
    310 KB · Views: 114
  • Screen Shot 2022-08-11 at 10.18.05 am.png
    Screen Shot 2022-08-11 at 10.18.05 am.png
    119.1 KB · Views: 106
  • Screen Shot 2022-08-11 at 10.18.21 am.png
    Screen Shot 2022-08-11 at 10.18.21 am.png
    134.1 KB · Views: 102

Leonard

Emira Aficionado
Reaction score
New review in Car magazine. Emira against four supercars. No happy surprise, I'm afraid: the Emira came equal last alongside the Maserati MC20.
Not liking the sound of the floaty Tour suspension.
Where my test drive! 😅
I just need to know either way now whether this car is going to annoy me or give me the thrills

Eagle7

Emira Aficionado
Reaction score
I love how they refer to the Emira's "flaws" being revealed when comparing it to cars that are 3 times as expensive! Those aren't flaws, that's the difference in what you're paying for when you spend £250k instead of £76k on a car.

As far as the suspension, what speeds were they increasing to when they started to feel like the Emira chassis was working a lot? They clearly say at normal (probably legal) speeds the car was great.

To me, the fact that the Emira held up as well as it did against cars in those price ranges is pretty darned good. Chris Harris and Shmee are right; it is a lot of car for the money.

We need forum people to do test drives and get actual people-on-the-street type of feedback on the experience.

Citizen

Emira Fanatic
Reaction score
Emira Status
Emira Owner
Yes he also stated that the manual is a must in this v6

Toomanyloti

Emira Fiend
Reaction score
Emira Status
Emira Owner
Yes he also stated that the manual is a must in this v6
thank goodness this is only an opinion and not the law. I have 3 manual loti already and am going to try the auto.

Im not however going to try and convince anyone that one is better than the other. Its personal.

I just had a Kia Stinger 3.3 GTS from new and I loved that car. It was fantastic in almost every way in my opinion.The paddles were useless and one couldn't hear the engine note in order to change and the appropriate time.

I am hoping the Emira meets my expectations. I know a guy who had a very rare auto V6 Exige (hes had more cars than I have taken breaths) and he said it was fantastic

Lets wait and see

VL3X

Staff member
Reaction score

Yet another review stating how the 2GR is dated and not impressive, especially under 4k. I'll never understand why Lotus didn't release the Emira with ~430-450HP. It would have been a winner and the FE coming with less power than it's predecessors is just a slap in the face. There's no other way to look at it. It's not due to emissions. It's clearly Lotus saving room to upgrade the V6 for a future version along with the AMG. I feel they should have debuted the V6 FE with it's max reliable power and then retired it for the AMG future versions.

Again, hopefully the production seats fit better and the shift linkage adjusted to perfection for customer cars. We'll see...

Lotustoronto

Emira Addict
Reaction score
Emira Status
Emira on order
Yet another review stating how the 2GR is dated and not impressive, especially under 4k. I'll never understand why Lotus didn't release the Emira with ~430-450HP. It would have been a winner and the FE coming with less power than it's predecessors is just a slap in the face. There's no other way to look at it. It's not due to emissions. It's clearly Lotus saving room to upgrade the V6 for a future version along with the AMG. I feel they should have debuted the V6 FE with it's max reliable power and then retired it for the AMG future versions.

Again, hopefully the production seats fit better and the shift linkage adjusted to perfection for customer cars. We'll see...
Yup, it is a shame... but the bright side is I am sure there will be a tune for the engine to bring it to 430 BHP. It really seems to be the biggest issue from reviewers. The rest of the issues I don't think will be as glaring as the power. 30HP is noticeable, and also how the ECU maps the power is crucial. Couple that with some weight savings and I don't think it will be worth waiting for the last V6 version. (I hope at least)

VL3X

Staff member
Reaction score
Yup, it is a shame... but the bright side is I am sure there will be a tune for the engine to bring it to 430 BHP. It really seems to be the biggest issue from reviewers. The rest of the issues I don't think will be as glaring as the power. 30HP is noticeable, and also how the ECU maps the power is crucial. Couple that with some weight savings and I don't think it will be worth waiting for the last V6 version. (I hope at least)

I hope so. I wish I didn't have mod plans for a $100k car though! Especially coilovers with a Lotus. I'm hoping the wheel gap isn't as bad as some photos seem to make it look. Last thing I ever expected to want to modify on a Lotus is the suspension! A 430HP flash that optimizes the powerband and raises the rev limiter in sport and track modes would be #1 on my list.

Leonard

Emira Aficionado
Reaction score
I hope so. I wish I didn't have mod plans for a $100k car though! Especially coilovers with a Lotus. I'm hoping the wheel gap isn't as bad as some photos seem to make it look. Last thing I ever expected to want to modify on a Lotus is the suspension! A 430HP flash that optimizes the powerband and raises the rev limiter in sport and track modes would be #1 on my list.
Yup I sold my 40k M2 Comp as it needed 8k worth of mods to make it a great car.
In comparison I 'want' to mod my GR Yaris but it needs nothing and so I'm just driving it and enjoying it all the more for it.

vantage

Reaction score
Really don't want to mod the Emira either, but I guess my memory is pretty short...my 2005 Elise needed some money to drive properly on the track too:
- double shear rear toe link for safety
- baffled fuel tank to fix fuel starvation
- baffled oil pan to fix oil starvation
- new steering arms to get > 1 degree negative camber up front
- brake pedal pad to make heel-toe easier
- coilovers to fix excessive body roll, 4x4 ride height, and edgy rebound characteristics (unlike the first three items which are mandatory, this is more personal preference).

"Track pack" Exige Bilstein coilovers from Lotus were terrible. And many of their coilovers are tuned for the road. That's why if they charge more for "sport" on the Emira base I would just skip it, unless they offer something like Evora GT430 Ohlins.

Sadly my GT4 needed a handful of parts to get a proper track alignment too. GT3s need less, but some as well.

My prior BMWs...ugh...sold the car instead of trying to mod.

Last edited: