Emira Review Index [V6 FE]

Featured
For those looking for the latest Emira V6 FE reviews scheduled to be released today, I've self-volunteered to maintain a quick reference index here.
Please let me know of any missing articles and I'll update accordingly. (y)

ReviewerTypeDirect Link
EdmundsArticle
Harry's Garage (Harry Metcalfe)Video Review

Harry drives the Sports and Tour suspension back to back on the same road and shares his thoughts.
Schmee150 (Tim Burton)Video ReviewPublished 21st June
Carwow (Mat Watson)Video Review
TopGearArticles and VideoPublished 3rd July
Chris Harris talks about the Lotus Emira

Published 20th June

AutoTrader (Rory Reid)Video Review
EvoArticle and Video Review
CARArticle and Video ReviewPublished 22nd July

Lotus Emira vs Cayman 718 GTS vs Alpine 110s
AutocarArticle and Video Review
PistonheadsArticle
KHTVVideo Review
The DriveArticle
AutoExpressArticle
Pictures:
WhichCarArticle
CarBuyerArticle
HagertyArticle
Road and TrackArticlePublished 1st September
Lotus Emira Road and Track Drive

GoodwoodArticle
The IntercoolerPodcastReasonably good post-embargo Emira discussion on The Intercooler.
MotortrendArticle
DriveArticle
AFRArticle
ParkersArticle
CarExpertArticle
Caffeine & MachineArticle
Photos on Instagram:
The Sunday Times DrivingArticle
Car and DriverArticle
The SunArticle
AutoCar UKArticlePublished 2nd July

Last edited:

roundincircles

Emira Fanatic
Reaction score
Schmee really tries hard to describe what he is experienceing without any agenda in the background. He is prepared to change his view which he did on the sport suspension, firstly saying the touring was probably the way to go but then concluding sport was the right choice but he qualified why. He helps you understand why he has views on the features......offset wheel and peddle but you forget the oddity.......steering wheel too thick because he likes traditional......blah blah

That is a good helpful review.

switchlanez

Emira Fan
Reaction score
Agreed. Shmee's was candid, informal, and highly observant/detail-rich. Not your typical corporate review going down a checklist for publication or video production.

Last edited:

frazzer

Emira Fanatic
Reaction score
Emira Status
Emira Owner
I had originally had considered far more powerful cars, but I know on road the joy of driving is not proportional to power or outright speed, rather the sense of control and being able to exploit the power on offer. So the Emira came into focus as potentially the ideal balance.

Schmee has got quite a stable and has driven plenty of cars costing x5 an Emira or more. So very encouraging that despite this the Emira is an exciting drive. Like Mr Harris, he sees it's the right amount of power and feel that can be exploited on the road.

Convinced the Emira will be in the sweet spot, look forward to test driving it soon!

VL3X

Staff member
Reaction score
So we're now just waiting on the Catchpole Carfection review, right? Funny because I expected them to be first. I guess the extremely high production value takes time... Hoping for another positive one. 🤞🏼

Krisjc21

Reaction score
For those who have seen the car in person is how is the stance width of the car is it wide like an AMG GT R ? I've seen the AMG GT it's so wide it looks so menacing on the road always liked the wide looking car taking the whole space of the road haha

EM33RA

Emira Fan
Reaction score
For those who have seen the car in person is how is the stance width of the car is it wide like an AMG GT R ? I've seen the AMG GT it's so wide it looks so menacing on the road always liked the wide looking car taking the whole space of the road haha
No mate it doesn’t look wide at all. It’s a compact car the same size as an Evora. It’s not big and bulbous per say. But it’s quite striking and will turn heads. It’s very similar to the Evora 400

Attachments

• 80D52323-6F70-4FF1-80FE-8EB3E82E2CF8.jpeg
    80D52323-6F70-4FF1-80FE-8EB3E82E2CF8.jpeg
    294.3 KB · Views: 63

FederGigant

Emira Fanatic
Reaction score
Emira Status
Emira Owner
No mate it doesn’t look wide at all. It’s a compact car the same size as an Evora. It’s not big and bulbous per say. But it’s quite striking and will turn heads. It’s very similar to the Evora 400
It's more than 10cm wider than the Evora... I don't think that a picture of the wrong car answers the question.

switchlanez

Emira Fan
Reaction score
Its width is identical to the LFA which are both 1,895mm wide. But width isn't all that matters because many trucks are wider than those AMGs but lack proportions for a hunkered down presence. Height also matters as well as concentration of mass appearing hunkered down (bottom heavy, occupying less space as your eyes move up). Those AMG's are wider but also taller and, thus, bigger with different bottom-to-top proportions.

Here's perspective on Emira's proportions vs other modern sports cars (dimensionally accurate racing sim):

And real life perspective on a public road among other cars:

Last edited:

EM33RA

Emira Fan
Reaction score
It's more than 10cm wider than the Evora... I don't think that a picture of the wrong car answers the question.
Mate I said similar not the same. And it’s basically the same proportions as an Evora. I guess you like arguing or proving a point for the sake of it.

FederGigant

Emira Fanatic
Reaction score
Emira Status
Emira Owner
Mate I said similar not the same. And it’s basically the same proportions as an Evora. I guess you like arguing or proving a point for the sake of it.
I don't want to argue, I was just wondering why you post a pic from the wrong car. A car that is way less wide and has a completely different presence on the road. That seemed a bit odd to me, because it obviously was no help at all.

Last edited:

Leonard

Emira Aficionado
Reaction score
Hey I think it looks really wide especially from the rear. No matter the actual width the rear arches and small canopy make it look properly low and wide

eclat2emira

Emira Maniac
Reaction score
Hey I think it looks really wide especially from the rear. No matter the actual width the rear arches and small canopy make it look properly low and wide
Spot on Leonard, on what is already a wide car in terms of proportions (e.g. relative to its height and length), the tapering canopy serves to accentuate that - and it looks bloody amazing!!!

Cachaco131

Emira Maniac
Reaction score
Emira Status
Waiting to order
Its width is identical to the LFA which are both 1,895mm wide. But width isn't all that matters because many trucks are wider than those AMGs but lack proportions for a hunkered down presence. Height also matters as well as concentration of mass appearing hunkered down (bottom heavy, occupying less space as your eyes move up). Those AMG's are wider but also taller and, thus, bigger with different bottom-to-top proportions.

Here's perspective on Emira's proportions vs other modern sports cars (dimensionally accurate racing sim):

And real life perspective on a public road among other cars:
Nice overtaking after the corkscrew

OP
digilotus

digilotus

Staff member
Reaction score
Emira Status
Emira Owner
Last edited:

Speedluvver

Emira Fanatic
Reaction score
Emira Status
Emira Owner
Weird that the carfection video has still not dropped despite Henry mentioning it on a few podcasts/posts